So, about Blizzard eSport Prize Pool and some Blizzcon stuffs

They didn’t lie, they said they’d crowdfund the prize, they said they’d guarantee it would be a certain size.

They didn’t mislead anyone. There was no subterfuge. Just as bunch of people presuming they were putting in a fund and topping it up. That is their mistake, not Blizzards.

3 Likes

Anyone know when Blizzcon starts - EU time?

Yes, they did mislead.

I told you before, I’ll tell you again: you can not convince me otherwise, not with the argument you have now.

2 Likes

The opening ceremony starts at 7pm CET on the 1st November.

When you take the industry standart as a context, which you should, they don’t say different things. As I say, the excuse of “Lol, learn to read” does not work for me or anyone who is not bootlicking that disgusting company.

2 Likes

Likewise nothing will convince me that plain English can lie

we want to give fans a chance to further support the programs

proceeds will contribute to the year’s final LAN event prize pools

25% of the proceeds will contribute toward the year’s finals LAN event prize pool for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event.)

• Funded by players

• Sales go to fund

• 25% of items on sale go to fund and prize fund guaranteed by Blizz to be at least 500k

A guarantee is that Blizz will make sure that fund is at lest 500k, so if the sales fall short they will make up the difference. There is no deception. Nothing.

They have sold above and beyond the guaranteed amount, the fund is therefore completely playerfunded.

2 Likes

I do not say lol learn to read. You do. I have demonstrated again and again that their statement does not say what you PRESUMED it did. YOU made a mistake.

Blizzard are doing exactly what they said they were going to. They didn’t hide it, when the toys went on sale that information was all available.

There was no deception. There is only you who is mistaken because you assumed!

3 Likes

This is not what crowdfunding eSports tournaments is.

No that is what you don’t think crowdfunding should be.

You are not a gaming company.

The very first time they started using crowdfunding it was not a gaming industry standard either. The first company to use a loot box was not a gaming industry standard.

It does not matter what you think a gaming industry standard is.

In plain English they stated that they would be allowing fans to fund the prize. 25% of the toy sales went to the fund. The fund would need to be at least 500k. Blizzard stated they would guarantee the fund would reach at least that level of funding. A guarantee means they would make up the shortfall should there be one. There wasn’t a shortfall, the monies raised were above and beyond the guaranteed amount.

They have done EXACTLY what they stated they would do. There is NO deception.

There are people who can’t admit they got it wrong. Who will argue black is white because they are too busy hating on Blizzard.

There is no case to answer. Blizz did what they said they were going to do.

4 Likes

Nope…

I’m not trying to. I’m participating in a forum discussion with my own thoughts on the matter. Feel free to believe whatever you want.

In the end, every person is going to form their own take on the issue, regardless how much you like it or not. But as I stated before and will state in the thread for as long as you reply to me: Activision mislead again, their conduct is appalling.

2 Likes

Yep

3 Likes

I don’t see how people can disagree on facts.

I can understand some may not have liked what they’ve done and I can see in the future other companies will do the same.

But there is no basis for deception. They factually stated what they were doing and lived up to it.

2 Likes

I answered this before too. They are legally covered, but morally faulty.

But as I stated before and will state in the thread for as long as you reply to me: Activision mislead again, their conduct is appalling.

PS: eventually, you will have to agree to disagree. This isn’t going to go anywhere.

1 Like

Blizzard did not mislead. That is the fact I’m talking about. It’s not a legal issue, it’s in plain English.

That is why I do not understand you at all.

Disagreeing with what they are doing, ie 100% funding their prize pool from sales, that I could understand. I personally don’t have a problem with it.

They made a desirable item that enough people wanted to buy whether they were interested in the game or not and funded their prize pool this way.

If Blizzard had mislead people and said they were doing one thing then did another then I would agree they were morally faulty. But they didn’t do that. They stated they would fund via the sales of a toy and if that fell short they’d make up the difference.

The toys sold above and beyond the necessary minimum fund. In future know that they can totally fund their prize pools in this way. If they sell something enough players want to have, regardless of whether they are interested in the competition or not.

2 Likes

Once again it was written in a way we could could read it in 2 ways, the standard way and the “We don’t wanna fund our own tournaments ebcause we are greedy way”. If they outright said they did this for reason 2 many people including myself wouldn’t have bought. We though Blizzard wouldn’t sink as low to even have their players crowdfund their own events price pools fully.

Stop defendign laywerspeak, you’re better than this they did more often in the past since Ion joined (former laywer).

Back to the fries example, yes I expect free salt on my fries because it’s industry standard. If it isn’t you better put a sign on your snackbar with “We don’t provide salt”. Blizzard should have been honest in this. If Bliz instead would have hold a bingo night for an eldery home they would required the eldery to fund their own prices.

2 Likes

But it wasn’t written in a way that could be interpreted in multiple ways. There was only one meaning.

It did not say WE WILL PROVIDE 500K. It said they would guarantee the fund.

If you have a guarantor on a loan, they do not go to the guarantor unless the person defaults (fails to pay) on the loan.

In this case Blizzard is the guarantor, if the fund could not meet the minimum because sales fell short then Blizzard would have to cough up the difference.

The statement was written in plain English. Not legalese like you claim. I don’t have to defend the way it was written because it was written in plain English.

This is all just people presuming and not actually reading.

3 Likes

… and yet you still post on their Forums. If they were as bad as you’re yelling, you wouldn’t entertain anything on the 'web that related to their name.

2 Likes

I honestly do wonder why, people who spend all their time spouting hatred for Blizzard (or Activision), actually play their games.

3 Likes

Probably so far up themselves that they have to yell as loud as they do so they can still hear their own voices…