So, about Blizzard eSport Prize Pool and some Blizzcon stuffs

Yes, but then you also accepted that 25% of your money would go to eSports, not 100%. That was the terms of the purchase.

If Blizzard were really greedy, they could not have done any crowd-funding at all, gotten 100% of the money from the toys themselves, and given $280,000 USD to the Blizzcon prize pool, like they did last year, which everyone was seemingly okay with.

Now they’ve done crowd-funding, the prize pool has reached $660,000 USD, players have gotten some cool toys, and Blizzard have earned some money, and that’s somehow worse? Who stands to lose anything here? Seems like everyone’s winning to me. Players get cool toys. Blizzard gets money. Pro players get money. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

We both know that it does say that.

2 Likes

try now, got 8 spots for u

1 Like

That’s your opinion.

1 Like

No it’s nothing to do with my opinion.

It’s fact.

For a limited time, every purchase of the Transmorpher Beacon or Lion’s Pride and Horde’s Might Fireworks, 25% of the proceeds will contribute toward the year’s finals LAN event prize pool for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event.) Your support will help take the WoW esports prize pool to the next level.

2 Likes

Yes, it does have to do with your opinion. What’s funnier is that you can’t let it go. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No it’s not my opinion at all.

It is fact. They factually stated they would be getting the funds from selling toys. It’s a fact they said they would guarantee the prize fund would be at least 500k. A guarantee is exactly that. If the fund fell short they’d guarantee it would be at least 500k, making up the difference.

All fact.

Nothing about any of that is opinion. It’s all factual.

For a limited time, every purchase of the Transmorpher Beacon or Lion’s Pride and Horde’s Might Fireworks, 25% of the proceeds will contribute toward the year’s finals LAN event prize pool for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event.) Your support will help take the WoW esports prize pool to the next level.

2 Likes

Yes, it is. There are many types of lies, such as:

• A half-truth is a statement that includes some element of truth. The statement might be partly true, the statement may be totally true, but only part of the whole truth, or it may employ some deceptive element, such as improper punctuation or double meaning, especially if the intent is to deceive, or misrepresent the truth.
  • Lying by omission , also known as a continuing misrepresentation, occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes the failure to correct pre-existing misconceptions.

Taken straight out of the dictionary.

But I refuse to debate this with you any further. I told you before, I don’t actually care to change your mind, and I won’t change my mind either.

1 Like

There is no half truth. They stated what they were doing.

Some presumed Blizz would be coughing up a fund and putting the sales money on top. But they were mistaken. That doesn’t mean Blizzard lied when they said what they were doing from when the toys went on sale.

They didn’t lie by omission. They said exactly what they were going to do.

It is still a fact that they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

we want to give fans a chance to further support the programs

proceeds will contribute to the year’s final LAN event prize pools

25% of the proceeds will contribute toward the year’s finals LAN event prize pool for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event.)

I’m sorry that the few of you going at this can’t admit you made a mistake.

They said what they were going to do. They didn’t lie, there was no deception.

They said explicity they were using sales to fund the prize pool. That they would guarantee a minimum prize fund. That only 25% of the toy sales were going towards the fund.

They have done exactly that, there is no twist, no deception. They straight up did what they said they would do.

FACTS

4 Likes

no he is making a quote from the original text. so thats not an opinion, thats a fact of what blizzard was stating back then and how the money ll be used. theres no room for speculation or anything. people just made something up/assumed something which blizzard never said.

2 Likes

To those that say Blizzard worded it like that on purpose to scam us and get our money, how do you know? Where is your proof?

Also, why didn’t they worded it like that for the Starcraft prize as well? Since Starcraft esports is seemingly more popular, they could’ve ‘scammed’ more money from us than with WoW esports.

They were suprised that it was only 660k and that they wouldn’t do the quarenteed 500k ontop of it. Welp I think Method is full of people who can’t read aswell, and most streamers. They wrote it this way on purpose, so even if people who read it ‘wrong’ or went from good intentions still bought them. But hey apparently I’m stupid if I expect free salt with bought fries because the sign didn’t read ‘with salt!’. It’s industry standard but who cares.

If Blizzard expects us to 100% fund e-sport, just cancel them all if you can’t even put a quarenteed price pool from our subs, shop items and cough cheap cough get away from a dead server with a single char for just € 25! That’s just 2 monthly subs!

You really are desperate to have the final say, don’t you? Sorry, but no. They lied.

I’m going to tell you the same thing that Puny seems to lack the capacity to understand for the past 10 posts: I don’t care to change your mind. If you think that, you are welcome to your opinion. But I disagree, my view on the issue is that they lied. Sue me.

1 Like

They stated what they were going to do and did it.

There is nothing to lie about.

2 Likes

Agree to disagree. In my view, they lied.

1 Like

But they didn’t lie.

25% of the proceeds will contribute toward the year’s finals LAN event prize pool for the Arena World Championship (AWC) and the Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) with a guaranteed minimum prize pool of $500,000 USD ($250,000 USD for each event.)

All true, they did indeed sell a toy that fans could buy and put 25% of the sales towards the prize fund. They guaranteed that prize fund would be at least 500k. A guarantee (for those who don’t understand them) means that Blizzard will make up any shortfall because they guaranteed a minimum amount.

2 Likes

Yes they did. I told you even how.

No you have not told me any facts that are incorrect.

All true, they did indeed sell a toy that fans could buy and put 25% of the sales towards the prize fund. They guaranteed that prize fund would be at least 500k. A guarantee (for those who don’t understand them) means that Blizzard will make up any shortfall because they guaranteed a minimum amount.

You and others claim they said (or implied) they would provide a prize fund and the 25% sales proceeds would be added. But no where does it say that.

1 Like

And I told you already that you are welcome to your opinion, but I don’t share it. Sorry babe, we aren’t getting anywhere here - your opinion won’t become anything more than your opinion no matter how hard you try.

Mine is not an opinion.

It doesn’t matter how many times you try to claim that cold hard facts are opinion but they are not.

1 Like