So how is the Alliance different than Sylvanas now?

Remember as your portrait is a blood elf or aka high elf, you want to think on your statement about the tree burning. The fact that night elfs died in fact may of been some of your own family relatives in eons past. Sometimes people should really think on what they say or do but your war chief is undead not alive remember that considering the undead burnt a path through to silvermoon. You follow what you fought.

1 Like

Quite a lot wrong here.

It’s unlikely that the Highbourne families mixed with any of the current Nigh Elves back in the day - pure blood-lines and all.
Also they chucked us out so there’s no real love lost there.

The Scourge wrecked Silvermoon. Sylvanas is not part of the Scourge.

I’m no expert on the subject matter but as far as I know from the boss quotes during the Jaina fight the entire point of the retreat was to lure the horde champions away from the harbor so the alliance could kill them all in the middle of the sea with them having no way of escaping.

So take it how you will but it seems the entire hasty retreat was kind of planned by the looks of it.

1 Like

Edgelord detected.

Right now you are just pulling stupid reasons out of your bum to glorify your savage bloodthirsty Horde like give it a rest we are the good guys and you are the evil villian 3 reich faction with Sylvanas ruling over you.

Once a Proudmoore, forever a Proudmoore.

Fair enough but for you it goes onec savages always savages :grin:.

Is it really that hard for you to accept that your faction is evil and move on? So damn disgusting to see people choose a faction that’s been doing such things since Warcraft 1 then try their hardest to paint the other factions as evil.

This is a war. A war that Horde started and forced the Alliance to respond, just like it has always been since the beginning of Warcraft franchise.

The main differences between these two factions in a war stand point are as follows:

1- Alliance focuses on weakening its enemy’s military, believing that with the warmongers and their weapons destroyed, both factions can live in peace. Horde on the other hand prioritises killing civilians as well as soldiers on sight, believing that with their race’s complete annihilation will they achieve peace for themselves.

2- Alliance believes in honour, heroism and sacrifice (as stated when you get to choose your faction as a Pandaren), while the Horde believes in survival at any cost (as stated when you get to choose your faction as a Pandaren).

3- Alliance shows mercy, doesn’t kill all of their enemies if they have the opportunity, which is why they get to win most deciding battles (eg MoP). Horde doesn’t get to win such battles because if they do, they won’t stop killing until nothing remains of their enemies.

Now talking about hypocricy, as someone who has played and done questing as both factions, I have to lable this on the Horde. The propaganda is at its highest in there. Here are some examples which I currently remember:

1- In MoP, you attack an Alliance-occupied territory in the Jade forest with your airship, bombing some Pandaren farms in the process ( as some Pandarens say to you). After the battle General Nazgrim tells the Pandarens something around “Didn’t you see? Alliance attacked us first! Didn’t you see the amount of carnage they were doing?”, I didn’t see the Alliance lie to others about the Horde while questing.

2- The Orcs are the most hypocrite species in the lore. “Blood and thunder”, “Strength and honour” as they do the most dishonourable things possible. There was an Orc in Stormsong valley war mission saying “by blood and thunder, what sorcery is this?” as tidesages were destroying their ships with tentacles. I didn’t see them talk about honour when they watched a tree full of women and children burn to ash, or when they killed their own troops with friendly fire in Lordaeron. Of cource honour only applies when your enemy is doing such things.

3- Horde’s special force is called “Honorbound” but they go around and zombify dead people then bomb civilian buildings.

4- The undead in the Horde call themselves “Forsaken”, while the events of Arathi meeting and Darkshore prove that they aren’t “Forsaken” anymore.

Brennadam village’s massacre, blighting and bombing civilians in Boralus, etc have left the Horde incontested in being the evil faction.

If you find no difference between on-purpose friendly fire and heroic and honourable sacrifice to save the many then I don’t know what to tell you. Sylvanas pretty much killed every Horde defender in Lordaeron by coating all of it with blight, which is why Horde had more casualties than Alliance (according to wiki). Alliance left a few soldiers (possibly volunterally) to to hold the Horde off as they were retreating. There was no other way since simply running away could’ve caused more deaths. They also left a king and a lord admiral behind to fight beside those soldiers, showing their honour and heriosm as opposed to Horde in Lordaeron, who were watching the fight as their soldiers turned into skeletons. Saurfang was the only exception, even though he had suicidal thoughts because of Sylvanas.

I play as the Horde to be bad and accept it, I also play as the Alliance to be good and accept it. Deal with your faction as it is. If you don’t want to then Alliance is waiting for you.

4 Likes

The Horde is not the ones who started it. The biggest share of responsibility falls to Greymane.

Alliance propaganda machine working as intended.

Everything else you mentioned is just Alliance posturing. Posturing is all they have left when they can’t bully others into submission.

It was done because of Horde’s cowardly retreat in the Broken shore. “Victory or death” huh? Also, Horde and Alliance stayed as allies afterwards and even attended in tea-parties after that, so I’d say your argument is false.

Azerite was the reason for the start of war. Horde’s paranoia led to it and Alliance wasn’t even thinking of attacking them( even Gerymane felt he had achieved his vengeance and it was over).

It’s not considered bias when I bring up facts and you can’t counter them, try harder next time.

1 Like

The Horde and the Alliance has never been allies and never will.

Your own king admits to that in the exact invitation of the “tea party” you are mentioning.

Maybe you should read it again?

What I meant as allies was sharing a common goal and not killing each other. There could be peace, but Horde ruined everything by messing up and going radio silence afterwards.

Bring up facts to show both of the factions are bad not my wording, else I’m going to think you have nothing to counter my facts as to why Horde is the most evil faction.

Do so, I don’t care if you are oblivious to the history of the Alliance and just buy valorous words for facts. It wouldn’t be fun without you on the other side anyway.

Thanks for saying that I have won.

I brought up facts and you couldn’t counter them. You also know nothing of Alliance’s history as you couldn’t bring up facts from them to counter mine. GG.

I’m glad your convictions were solidified. It will make it all the more satisfying next time the story gives the horde a victory and next time I win a battleground. :slight_smile:

By the way, did you know battlegrounds are gamefications of existing territorial conflicts which happened throughout the expansions?

We never had peace.

She trapped me in an ice block for a WHOLE MINUTE… that hurt my feelings and I’m the hero who killed old gods, brought the lich king down and saved the world multiple times, stupid witch.

1 Like

There was peace on Azeroth when Horde didn’t exist. Alliance made the mistake of showing them mercy in the second war. Warcraft exists as a war game for us because Horde is in it. Horde means war.

1 Like

The difference is our troops are there because they believe in the cause. They are informed about their possible fate, they know it’s a hard battle and that many of them likely won’t make it through. They are like the Allied troops on June 6th, 1944: many knew they won’t make it, but they weren’t tricked, they were fighting against an enemy that wanted to destroy their nations and their way of life. The Horde troops that Sylvanas blighted and then raised from the dead were like the German troops not allowed to retreat in due time from Stalingrad, because of a megalomaniac leader that didn’t give two tossers for them.

I’m sorry for being a bit extreme about this. Blizzard shouldn’t have made the factions so black and white in an expansion that was supposed to be all about “faction pride”. Hopefully all of this will finally end once Horde gets Thrall Jesus back and Greymane gets to be high king as Anduin Ascends to the pantheon and becomes a neutral character like Magni.

Don’t worry, I love it.