So I did the Vulpera intro on PTR... Spoilers, obviously

I want to save kael’thas at all cost and couldn’t care less about my enemies. So Revendreth it is the way to go.

Well, there we go folks, Jabjan’s ‘Opinions’ are now deemed as Fact. Good to know that there is someone who can state it as fact. I mean I can state that it is not fact, because there is factual evidence in the game, displayed to us, that it is not a fact. What factual evidence do you have? I mean as opposed to your own jaundiced and incomplete opinion?

Actually, you are entirely incorrect. Lot of people think he is actually one of the better rulers of a nation, and your secondary comment is -Hilarious- “He is only in Isle of Thunder or Nazjaar because Jaina is?” Yes, of course…They are clearly going to put Horde NPC’s in to give quests, and not Alliance ones… I mean that is totally (Vindicaar Happy Alliance Guardians of he Galaxy friends excluded) how this works. That has never happened with other racial leaders at all. Nope, no Siree…… Please…

You’re just looking a bit silly and childish now, you know the character name, you are just being juvenile.

Actually, I think you will find The Orcs were indirectly responsible, due to Ner’zhul, and the Humans never attacked the Neutral State of Quel’thalas, that was the Kaldorei and the Dwarves (Albeit only as a spy/agent)

You might need to brush up on lore…

Neither are. IN fact he is probably the least racist of the characters who rule, so as always, I have no idea where you are going with that. Nor I suspect, do you.

…He…Doesn’t…Want…To! Was that not plain enough? I mean the Cinematic? He’s trying to farm on a dying world. He doesn’t -want- to run the Horde anymore!

And if you’d checked the actual background, you would find why the Cartel system is being dissolved (Thank heck, it made no sense and the Goblins would have been a marginalised unimportant group of mooks, as opposed to an economic powerhouse)

So Lor’themar is closer, eh? Thalyssra? What are they supposed to do, get on their mobiles to Kiro?

I tell you what doesn’t make sense, just saying “No” to points people make.

The Bad news for you there, is that we don’t get to do that. We don’t save the characters, they are there to interact with in Shadowlands, that is it.

If you know your lore good enough, you will realize that Ner’zhul was a slave who lost control over his fate the minute ICC became his prison.

Okay Boomer.

Where exactly was Bob’themar until Nazjatar happened? Couldn’t find him anywhere. It wasn’t natural progression. It was a shameless mop parallel. By all logic a Zandalari or Nathanos should been leading down there.

Wrong. He thinks of his Tauren as best. While looking down on Orcs ever since. It’s his own inner thoughts process. Source tides of War novel.

Thrall and Sylvanas disagree both.

Orc leadership. Not horde leadership. Read again.

Baine got the job because he is one of three favorites from a certain novel author, btw a very much alliance biased woman, that got more influence then she should have.

Never claimed he was smart.

It makes alot of sense. Ignorant ppl just fail to understand it. Try the same crap with Noggenfogger. Doubt he would be happy.

??? Now you make things up. The bilgewater is clearly the only reason orgrimmar hasn’t starved yet. Thanks to the Azerite boom Gallywix made his cartel the most powerful.

Call Talanji. After they begged on their knees for forgiveness of course. For allowing to let the murderer ice witch of her father escape without consequences. Like the dirdhut builders they are. Technically the Vulpera are her subjects anyways. Like literally any denizen of Zandalar minus the Sethrak.

You can’t know that just yet. Kael and Uther clearly both got something boiling.

Just going to highlight this one before I go to bed.

Rather amusingly, I am of the only generation, apart from Zoomers, who can’t actually be called a Boomer. Born in 74, old boy, That makes me Generation X. Neither a Baby Boomer,born 1946-64, or, Shock horror, a member of the Milennial cohort, born in the 80’s or 90’s,who are also known as …Dun Dun Dunnnnn “Echo Boomers” From your posts, I doubt you were born in the late 60’s, early 70’s, so, I can quite comfortably say, with all justification…“Okay Boomer”

Yes Lorthemar in MoP was a beast , I played it I loved him, in BFA he feels like a weak underling to Jaina/Thalyssra, and I know he told Sylvanas shes free to raise human corpses , but his rangers no, and then she said “you lack commitment”

Where is he in BFA instead of cowering behind Thalyssra, Sylvanas was the main concern , and he never confronted her, they have a lot of history as a race he should have atleast spoken to her instead of just say ok im with Baine.

I miss him

1 Like

BoOmEr Is A mInDsEt! :triumph:

1 Like

Why are we dissing my boy Lor’themar in this thread too?

Dude is the only leader with some sense.

Not afraid of going to war if that is the necessity, but he rather avoid it.

Willing to work with those he do not trust as much if it means saving the world, but he is not bending his knee.

He may be a peaceful character, like Anduin and Baine, but unlike those he is not a naive child.

Blizzard may not use him very much, and perhaps that is for the better, his past accomplishments serves him well enough, especially when he dissed Anduin and hissed at Alleria when she asked him to rejoin the Alliance.

But I see what they did to my boy in BFA, trusting Sylvanas, considering her a friend still… pah! Forgot ‘In the shadow of the sun’ and ‘Mists of Pandaria’ already did we blizzard? :neutral_face:

Also, my dude freed himself from his entrapments, his comrades and fought off trolls long enough for Dar’khan to warp them away, even after being tortured and having his gut sliced open.

My dude is a fighter, a survivor.

1 Like

Because he got a lobotomy and the writers turned him into yet another Jaina apologist that somehow likes to go under the same train as Baine in terms of senseless and incongruous moralism.
Yeah, regardless of what little sense it makes given his previous characterisation.

1 Like

That is not too far-fetched.

He has never been one for senseless war, less so if it involved throwing his own people into the fray. He is wise enough to rise above his desire for revenge, as was seen in the story ‘In the shadow of the sun’ where he did not immediately agree to sending his people to Northrend to fight the scourge, despite the scourge, or to the Kirin’tor, because they had just come out of a civil war.

It was only because Sylvanas ended up blackmailing him that he agreed, and ended up agreeing with Aethas too.

The only thing that does not make sense is how he viewed Sylvanas. That is where his lobotomy shows. Although I am also unsure of when this friendship between Lor’themar and Baine occurred. It is not surprising to me as Baine is the type of guy who would try and befriend everyone, but I do not think they had any time to speak at all.

Doesn’t take much, If I recall Baine only met Anduin once that time in Theramore…BFF’s ever since, such a developed frendship, much depth.

Vile tauren magic, I am sure.

Yes. The same elf he trusted enough to tell him all about how to overcome the defenses of the kingdom. Even back then he was a fool.

Can’t be helped. You tend to develope very close bonds with people who are in the same death or life situation as you.

I don’t think the issue is that one.
Said mindset was praised last time he displayed it during MoP.

What bothers a good chunk of players that previously held a better opinion of him, is the way he came about this expansion in order to halt his war effort.

The sort of forceful way in which writers made him turn in a 180 fashion regarding Jaina, how he willingly sided with those that would rather punish harder the grievances his people might have with her, or how he is suddenly caught spouting random moralist crap about Baine being the very best because he is stupidly honourable,…this all goes against the very basis of the traits that made people like his character.

Going into MoP, you had a pragmatic leader willing to face whoever it was and do whatever it took for the well-being of his people. Be that turning on his own allies, or launching an invasive force bent on making the wrongdoers pay.

As of BfA, he becomes yet another victim of the Anduin effect, and now his people’s plea loses ground to the trendy and twisted sense of “morals” that dictate that Jaina amongst others is apparently entitled to get away with anything because someone hurt her fee-fees. And of course, this phenomenon includes tying him further with the incongruous ‘Honour’ concept, the likes of Baine preach about, and that somehow entails harming further Horde people for the “greater good” (which coincidentally, often implies lending tacit support to Alliance interests), and sacrifice soldiers and troops regardless of the motives they may have to push their particular war against the Alliance.

So yeah, Lorthemar was done dirty in BfA. Even if put in context, I’d be hard pressed to come up with any Horde character that wasn’t.

I saw the quest line on the internet. Reason how Vulperas join the Horde is predictably stupid and bland.

Well… what would you have liked? I mean, the Horde helped them out in ending the faithless Sethrak. The Vulpera made caravan deals with them… and got attacked by the Alliance for it. The Zandalari, the greatest power on their continent, joined the Horde. Joining a faction gives them the opportunity to leave the deserts behind and find a much more comfortable life out in the world, with good military protection.

Would you really have wanted Blizz to make the Vulpera reluctant to join in that situation, and make the Horde beg them, as if they were actually needed for the Horde to work? I think a reluctant Horde and willing Vulpera people make quite a lot more sense. And I do think the Vulpera show what kind of worth they have for the Horde quite well here.

Yes, all of the AR- and heritage-storylines are kind of bland. But this one doesn’t even come close to the worst ones.

What should bother people is the fact that he went with the effort to begin with without even saying anything.

I do see the rest of your point, but that is not as important to me because going to war under the pretenses that Sylvanas came out with did not suit him in the first place, nor the fact that he seemingly was so gung-ho about it.

Lor’themar out of them all should have been the first one to question Sylvanas’ motives simply because he is not supposed to trust her at all.

As far back as in the The Sunwell Triology he have shown a distaste for Sylvanas, of what she had become.

It is true what is said, in most cases, if blizzard puts one of their lore character in the front, they also end up destroying them… unless they are Alliance characters, of course.

I actually quite like the storyline based exactly on what you said.

Finally an allied race questline where it is shown what said race can bring to the table, rather than just: “Yo, you… we need soldiers, join us!”

Aheh, sure it is, if you base your linguistic skills on the Memes de jour. Actual Boomers are the Baby Boomers and Echo Boomers, which is why I find it hilarious when people mock the generation they belong to!

Well, given some of his people were like Lorash, and the score he had yet to settle with Jaina for the Purge, I’d understand if Lorthemar was willing enough to end the conflict once and for all and finish the Alliance altogether.

Now, if things were to be going expressively against him or his people’s interests, the way they handled his character was definetly not the way to go about.
And it has tainted the view many Blood elf players have of him, regardless of the fact that the few peeks his character had had up until now, had turned him into a rather likeable leader.

Once you get contaminated by the Anduin and Baine virus, people tend to stigmatise you entirely.

Let’s see if Blizzard manages to salvage something out of his character carrying forth, and the role it’ll have in this “council” (that so far has been all about Baine).