So like... can I not unlock Earthen during EA? :/

The Earthen should be available at launch. All advertisement regarding the game states at launch and does not give us a time stamp of September 4th, a full week after launch. That might land Blizzard in a bit of legal hot water, as they’ve sold us a product and then changed the conditions of the sale after the release of the product.

6 Likes

This really sucks.

3 Likes

In fact, to paraphrase the store page EXACTLY:

World of Warcraft: The War Within

Available at launch²

Enjoy a trove of fresh features

Earn the trust of the Earthen and unlock an all-new playable Allied Race. Explore Delves, new bite-sized world instances you can tackle alone or with up to four friends, plus an NPC companion. Grow in strength as you level to 80 and earn new skills with Hero Talent trees, share progress across your family of characters with the Warbands system, and take to the skies with Skyriding, now available for hundreds of existing mounts!

• ²World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ launches on August 26 at 3PM PT.

So… Why has the date now been changed, Blizzard?

11 Likes

I was literally sitting here waiting to create a Pally Earthen as my main, while listening to a streamer in the background and all of a sudden I hear “Earthen aren’t available until September 3rd”…

4 Likes

Same. So sick of it

5 Likes

BIG L Blizzard. Getting used to those now…

2 Likes

yuup not to mention that for people who have been planing to main an earthen, they will have to level while everyone else is already grinding gear as if the end game isn’t a race already -_- big L, seriously, BIGGEST for me in a long while.

3 Likes

Same I have been waiting to reroll an Earthen Mage, I thought we could do it in EA so I bought that, nope, I thought we could do it at launch so I got everything else done ready and spammed the quest at launch…still nope, now being told it’s NEXT wednesday, the 4th…what the actual f, will that even be correct, because the blue post says thats chapter 4, will 5 be then too or will that be in november? Or maybe you’d like us to wait until the next expansion?

1 Like

Well, that’s a disappointment. Not having access to the entire questline during early access was understandable, but this is another 8-9 days, huh? Are you trying to anger people just for the fun of it, or trying to scare people who are worried they’ll fall behind into buying race change services? I guess I’ll just keep playing random alts and working on professions, but I was looking forward to making the character I intend to main during this expansion tonight. Meh.

4 Likes

Blizzard has flat out scammed us.
And not only is there nothing we can do about it, we’re all just going to accept it.
I feel so cheated right now.
Blizzard has seriously let me down.

I dont think my opinion of them as a company can go much lower at this point.

5 Likes

Honestly, think this is the last straw for me, i’m going back to LOTRO, they just released an EU server for the first time and its classic style going back through expansions slowly, seems like a great time to jump the blizzard ship.

3 Likes

Feel so let down and scammed. They could fix this by just letting us have them now.

3 Likes

they can but will they? NOPE—“Listening to player feedback” PFFFT

2 Likes

Yeah … I feel really hurt and super angry … getting scammed … I was subbed to 6 months … not anymore, already canceled … my mood/hype to play WoW ended sadly … If they would change it so I could make him now I would come back but I’m not coming back … Imagine pre-ordering “car” but once the car gets delivered you notice something is missing like engine and they would tell you that they will deliver it in few weeks …

1 Like

definition of mixed signals xD

3 Likes

Yea I just cancelled a 20 year constant subscription, this and refusing to refund the D4 expansion preorder is me finally washing my hands of this company, they just hate their playerbase and love money, everything they once were has turned to crap, WoW, Overwatch, HotS, Starcraft. They just don’t care as long as $$$ keep coming in and they know peoples long time investment/addiction will feed that with minimal effort from them, well thank you for this blizzard, I might finally be able to quit.

4 Likes

Yeh. Thinking the same tbh. How many times can we be treated so badly and keep coming back?

1 Like

Yea just finished the next part of the campaign to double check and just in case someone thinks “oh the campaigns available!”… no, it’s time gated and ends with log saying “Wait for word from Alleria Windrunner.”

1 Like

laughs in scam am’rite?

2 Likes

Imgur

3 Likes