So no revenge for Night Elves, I guess

Yeah we can see all that not caring, lol.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Dude, where did you get that they were ā€œbarely literateā€? .

Reclaiming home event was mirrored by gnomes. Echo Isles is nothing but glorified training grounds and not proper capital that seemes to be ransacked every couple of years.

Volā€™Jinā€™s reign was super short and he didnā€™t contribute much even devs mocked his death -like that mophead.

I know that nelves have constantly attention, they defeated firelord reclaimed hyjal and have a lot of lore in Legion. This is what I mean by big meaningful lore, but they still QQ that itā€™s not enough.

Yā€™now it would be cool to get some nice thematic gear and/or HD racial mount and/or extra customization option for losing the only developed character they even bothered to write that had more than 2 lines of description about him and leaving entire race completely clueless and irrevelant for entire expansion span. Neither you heard about it from Worgen or Tauren in WoD where besides first follower they really didnā€™t get any lore at all. But you didnā€™t hear of that. Instead of moaning constantly I wrote feedback on PTRs. When Volā€™Jin was killed to make a room for bimbo undead I wrote one thread and quit the game.

But sure man. Sure.

2 Likes

This thread is a gift that keeps on giving, just like whenever you mention how based + redpilled it was to burn teldrassil.

1 Like

lore. trolls were morons prior to WoW, thatā€™s why they lived in hollowed-out logs and asked ā€œwatchu bodda me forā€

yeah, right up to the part where the homeland was actually reclaimed

except kicking off the entire plot of BfA

not to mention the resisting garrosh stuff he did pre-BfA

no, they QQ that their race/ faction has been dumped on since vanilla and that their only actions in the story revolve around either giving context to historical events a la legion, or being fodder for another race to kick around/ help out. in that respect, theyā€™re not wrong.

the day the night elves successfully reclaim their ancestral homelands is they day theyā€™re on par with darkspears. but sure, trolls are the ā€œbastard childā€.

problem is, if the nelves were to do that itā€™d require displacing nightborne, which would result in lots of whiny horde players in these forums moaning because suramar was really nice and they want it back. then blizz would kill off the gnomes to pacify the moaners, and weā€™d be kicking off a whole new thread.

EDIT 2: hereā€™s some more story involvement the darkspear have never had. do not watch the following video showing the darkspears having agency independent of the horde because it didnā€™t happen

also lol zandalari

1 Like

No matter the bone the dev team throws for the night elves, they always screech and bite the hand that feeds them.

Tauren have the exact same problems (arguably even moreso currently since Baine is a spineless cuck atm), but you donā€™t hear the entire playerbase complaining of that, do you? We got our cool moments, same as nelves. You just need to appreciate the little things.

3 Likes

yes. constantly. youā€™re doing it right now lol

Pretty sure most NElves are just annoyed that they got turned into a race of hobos. Itā€™s not about inclusion, at least for me, back when I mained a NElf, itā€™s about it being pretty lame to lose everything and then not even getting a hint of climbing back to former power sometime in the future. In fact with the Darkshore nonsense it seems that Blizz has decided the NElves are done.
I donā€™t care for the moral debate of WoT. I think it sucks because itā€™s so black and white in the way itā€™s represented, which I think even many Horde agree with me on.

Feel free to point out the other places anytime.

2 Likes

To make a comparison one must make an example. No matter what Iā€™d use you could use the same intellectually bereft argument, rather than answering the point that on the whole things arenā€™t that bad.

Iā€™m ok with tauren lore & characters. We got a skinner guy in Dazarā€™alor whoā€™se super pro-war and killing the Alliance. Weā€™ve got Lasan Skyhorn, the absolute madlad, and that nameless tauren brave #100 in the cinematic who rams through the battlements.

Yeah, Iā€™m content. Baineā€™s a downer, but soā€™s Anduin for humans, Velves for the Alliance, and so forth. Come to think of it, things are honestly p. fine.

1 Like

Blizzard F up lore and world, I do not protect them, but I try to say - if we are the one who waiting a satisfaction - we are dump as f, sorry.

i donā€™t even think itā€™s that, not really.

i think the root of the issue is that they were turned into a race of hobos badly. as part of a narrative crammed with illogical nonsense horse-gak such as people whoā€™ve lived in a place for several thousand years being outsmarted by 9001 demolishers or forgetting to post sentries to felwood in case the horde flanked them.

the whole war of thorns thing felt rushed and the defeat felt more like a capitulation than a race of hardy natives being out-fought by cunning invaders. if the horde victory had felt like a win and made sense from a narrative standpoint youā€™d probably see a lot less calls for ā€œrevengeā€ or whatever. even blizz realised they made things too easy for the horde, and responded by making the horde scenario exceptionally annoying with a million super-buff sentinels and druids who aggro on you from ten miles away. on behalf of my poor dead orc monk iā€™d like to thank blizzard for making this correction on behalf of the night elves.

3 Likes

your original point was ā€œyou have to appreciate the little momentsā€. now youā€™re saying ā€œthings are p.fineā€. which is it?

iā€™ll agree that things are fine if you ignore the hell out of the story and cancel all the cinematics before they can play, and just focus on NPC dialogues or whatever. is that ā€œfineā€, though? donā€™t get me wrong, iā€™d rather the narrative vanished into the background like it used to be, but if theyā€™re going to shove it down my throat and make me interface with it then the least they can do is ensure it doesnā€™t suck.

is that unreasonable?

1 Like

Speaking of being reasonable, still waiting on the ā€œconstantly whiningā€ proof!

I mean, surely you wouldnā€™t have lied?

Well I mean, the whole plan was to draw Allianceā€™s military might in a diversion and then march the whole army into Darkshore at breackneck pace before the Alliance could come to the aid. And that plan worked flawlessly.

Horde has been fighting nelves for a good over-a-decade now- And nelves havenā€™t adapted their tactics at all, whereas the Horde has. Horde made smart use of itā€™s different resources, races and technology available to quickly overrun to undermanned and unprepared, scattered outposts of the nelves.

Also the felwood thing was such a mad move that the Night elves simply didnā€™t expect Horde to climb an entire legion down a mountainside into Darkshore- And many of them did get injured/die on the way, too.

Both? Things are pretty fine for tauren, because I can appreciate the little things?

I didnā€™t say that.

I agree that the story is bad, but not because of the things listed here, and not because my (or really any single raceā€™s) treatment.

Perfectly reasonable request. I agree.

I personally think that the story is bad because of lack of consistency and forced narrative elements from the side of the devs- That is, the idea to keep both factions satisfied, they end up satisfying none.

1 Like

Personally it was the Hobo part that bothered me the most, I get that some races have been without a home from the start, but I found it hard to get into fighting for a race that didnā€™t have any place they belonged and will likely never get one. To each their own of course. Even if they did something like make feathermoon stronghold reinforced and made it a semi capital I would be a lot more happy, but being the race of refugees sucks. So Iā€™ll main Human instead.

1 Like

iā€™ll page you the next time i see someone with a tauren avatar moaning about baine, k? every time i see it. if you get sick of it youā€™ll be where i am. if you want to trawl through the forums looking for historical examples be my guest.

Sure, go ahead. You can add me on Discord for that if you want to, Haiete#9769.

Yeah, no that is your job. Bla bla bla, burden of proof etc.

1 Like

yeah, because when you have an active zone of conflict on your borders the first thing you do is move forces away from it because something fishy is happening elsewhere.

the plan worked flawlessly because blizzard wanted it to, not because it made sense.

youā€™ve just said the hordeā€™s strategy was to circle the wagons and zerg rush into darkshore while the alliance was distracted. what good does updated tactics do in the face of that?

unless by ā€œupdated tacticsā€ you mean ā€œstop being jebaited into doing whatever dumb thing the narrative requiresā€, in which caseā€¦ fair point, since the alliance have a solid 15 years of doing that very thing.

we were told it was a mad move, and weā€™re supposed to believe it was a mad move because malfurion said it. thing isā€¦ it wasnā€™t a mad move at all. the frontal attack had stalled due to malfurionā€™s barrier ex machina and the path from felwood isnā€™t made of lava. one sentry with an owl wouldā€™ve blown the whole thing wide open, but no.

maybe they sent her away with the rest of the fleet to investigate silithus?

i could go on, but the main thrust of all the arguments is that the war of thorns was a poorly-planned hack job from a plotting standpoint. blizz couldā€™ve chosen to have a solid watertight horde victory, but theyā€™d already decided to split the continents by faction and needed a quick and dirty way to be rid of darnassus. thus the gimps were brought out and we got this twenty-minute zerg rush that felt more like a game of Alterac Valley (ā€œdonā€™t fight on the road! gogogo to tyrande!ā€) than the poignant and moving death of a city-state.

be funny to see how they handle the high elf reclamation of silvermoon. assuming they ever do that.

right - so like i said, things are fine if we ignore the overall plot of the expansion and focus on NPC dialogues. thereā€™s that witch doctor dude in senā€™jin who casts hexes on you. heā€™s fun. plus the gnome in ICC who sells mucky novels, i like him too. that excuses all the cack weā€™ve been served up story-wise in BfA.

i donā€™t disagree.

weā€™re going inductive here. iā€™ve seen it happen so often (as have we all, if weā€™re being honest - including in this very thread!) that i can more or less guarantee itā€™ll happen again, and iā€™ll page you when it does. then youā€™ll see.

And Gilneans arenā€™t homeless hobos? Gnomes and Darkspears were for years also homeless. Check on other troll tribes. Amani were also genocided and pushed out of their territories - they were even Teldrassiled by Alliance long before Horde repeated it. Look at Drakkari attacked despite fighting off Scourge by themselves - Pc had involvement in their downfall. Years later we see caste of mana addicts selling themselves to Legion but he chose to save them because one of them was kinda cute I guess?

Farraki were assaulted in their own territory when minding their own business because bunch of looters wanted to have their goods.

So Yeah I see plenty of wrongs going on. Especially to troll race but hey Tiniest tribe got their few tiny isles (which they should have to begin with!) and 5 levels of lore, score! :+1:

Only in BfA they finally gave them some attention. They finally gave Rokhan some actual attention - it only took 14 years and death with the only established troll character they bothered previously to write. They have their warfront turn and involvement in invasions and in one questing zone. They finally portrayed Darkspears as veterans people that gained experience over years and are just funny sidekicks or random exotic quest givers. Their involvement actually matters now.

2 Likes