So no revenge for Night Elves, I guess

but those weren’t offenses against the horde. The horde used to be way more reasonable. The war seemed to happen because both factions had their flaws against each other and it was justifiable from both factions’ perspectives.

Now though, after horde and alliance worked closely together to defeat the burning legion, the horde suddenly started to basically wipe out an entire alliance race without proper justification. Makes them seem like the bad guys.

“If we dont attack them now they might think about attacking us in the future”

The point was that blizzard devs basically confirmed that night elves already got their revenge which I and many others don’t understand at all. The battle for darkshore warfront was supposed to be the revenge, but it’s still a back and forth between the horde and the alliance and it doesn’t bring the majority of murdered innocents back to life or atleast avenged.

But thats the point since Blizz confirmed that, its essentially confirming “There will be no new nelf/Darkshore content at least until 9.0”

So ur thread is what? Give us nelf content update before 9.0?

U think thats how game design and planning works? LoL

It is rather the fact that blizzard is known for making players forget certain events by making players wait and wait for continuations of the story and eventually, there will be absolutely nothing. As soon as Blizzard brings up a new story in 9.0, likely based around old Gods, there is no place for a revenge for night elves and we will end up having alliance and horde work together against a greater evil.

1 Like

The problem is that it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter with what the writers will come up to explain this whole mess, because it doesn’t change the fact that the Horde has committed a genocide. Nobody would care about the burning all that much if Blizzard simply stated that most night elves made it out alive. But, the lore tells us that they’re now a dying race. That they’re not enough night elves even left in the first place.

It’s also a long-term problem for the plot in general, because no matter what the Alliance now does they will always be justified. The burning now gave them a ‘blank cheque’ for the entire duration of Warcraft.

The only reason why it doesn’t matter at all is the fact that Blizzard doesn’t care about population and entire armies and fleets appear and disappear whenever the plot requires it. Just take a look at the Horde and Alliance fleets. “We don’t have many ships left!” he said as nine ships gave chase to a small fleet of Horde ones.

6 Likes

No man the problem is that you believe Tyrande and nelf storyline is more important than the Anduin Sylvannas Zandalar and Kultiras storyline , and then you go and create that post.

Its Jaina-time. I mean she has such good knowledge about the Javellin of Suramar and ancient elf relics lol.

But hey! Shandris is there on Nazjatar and if u ask me its a breath of fresh air to have new people instead of Tyrande and Malfurion EVERY fking expansion

1 Like

Well it is rather the fact that the whole BfA expansion opened with that giant scar to alliance/night elf players and now that we’re 1 year into the expansion, hearing that the night elf storyline (related to teldrassil) is over is quite shocking.

Well sure, but even in Nazjatar, we are fighting aside the horde against the last bosses in the eternal palace. This is just leading to the alliance and horde fighting aside again and forgetting about what happened in teldrassil.

That’s because blizzard favour’s the horde.

that’s not really anything new, but they could atleast somewhat make up for what happened. They can never be even because alliance would have to do something similar (wiping out a whole race) and it would still be mostly justified since it’s what the horde did before

Looking at this thread shows that Blizzard devs are master strategist. With their “divide and conquer” strategy they clearly divided the fanbase between alliance and horde, who are now busy pointing at each other instead of pointing at Blizzard for wirting a story that is horrible in all places no matter whether you are blue or red.

1 Like

Well there are 2 types of people. People who hate the writing of the story focusing on the teldrassil event (majority) and then there are some hardcore horde fans that love playing the unreasonable bad guys and therefore like the direction of the writing which is heavily horde favored. However, there are several horde players who don’t like what happened simply because it’s worse than any act of war that has ever happened in WoW and it’s the fact that it’s so unjustified that makes it so bad. I also used to be a horde main from wotlk to BfA

1 Like

Just for clarification: the story has a Horde focus. It is not Horde favoured.

The story in no way advocates for the Horde. It vilifies it and has led it to the brink of civil war (again).

But I agree there are some horde players that want to play the villains and others not (Im in the latter group). The ‘divide and conquer strategy’ actually more reflects the current in game representation. A mostly unified Alliance with a divided Horde.

5 Likes

I’d actually say it’s both. Horde both got away with wiping out an alliance race and they even manage to get away without an answer from the alliance (according to devs).

Going from the end of Legion to now, I’d say the alliance has definitely gotten the short end of the stick.

I also found it weird that blizzard explicitly mentioned that night elves were mostly wiped out (with mostly innocents murdered) while the whole of undercity was able to be evacuated

2 Likes

Remember folks, the nelves were sacrificed to show 3 cinematics about a sad orc which got a midlife crisis cause of it.

7 Likes

I know right? They make it seem like Saurfang has the victim card here while he has been like 50% responsible for what happened. Poor guy can’t live with commiting genocide and now he feels so bad about it that he needs 3 cinematics

3 Likes

And now you will see how Anduin protects a Horde race and he would probably even have more success with it than with the nelves.

3 Likes

And yet this story somehow showed the Horde in such a favourable light that it caused you to switch to Alliance?

Let’s assume that you are correct. That the Horde get away with mass murder of civilians. Does this make you feel inspired by them? Does it make you want to join their cause? It would just make me feel worse.

4 Likes

Attempted genocide is different then, committing one. To aim on destruction of Tree packed with civilians. That is the difference.

This coming from an Elf fan is pretty ironic. If Humans had any intention of genociding their foes then there would be no Orcs in Horde. Plain example of internment camps. But Humans made harder choice and morally better one.

? Which race would that be?

1 Like

The events that happened favored the horde. Not morally at all, but it still leaves the horde with getting away with wiping out an alliance race and not suffering any losses themselves.

It makes me disgusted by them, as both a horde and an alliance player. Even as a horde player I wouldn’t support the events that happened, even if they won the war of thorns which can be considered a success for the horde. But even as a horde player I should be able to expect some punishment for what was done, not necessarily for myself, but basically for the horde that did the crime.

1 Like

Horde genocides 90% of population? Looking at the Darkshore and BoD assault’s number of the Nelves I wound not say 90%

And be sure we will revenge for Rastakhan!