So no revenge for Night Elves, I guess

It was said in the short story Elegy I’m pretty sure, and tyrande also mentioned that only a few nelves are left in azeroth

Well I mentioned that earlier, but since it has happened after the teldrassil event, there will always be a justification for the alliance as long as it’s not worse than almost wiping out an entire race. You are probably horde biased though so I’m likely to talk against a wall.

1 Like

Yeah its wrong. Most of their army was away and the part of civilians made it to stormwind. There’s no given number.

Its bit of exaggeration from OP side.

1 Like
  1. They did not wipe out the race.

2. Almost their entire army was fought to a standstill by just a single race’s auxiliary forces. Only a secret, hitherto unknown passage salvaged the campaign for the horde.

2 Likes

Ugh don’t even start dis argument. I will gladly prove you wrong.

Ah great another one of those people. Not wasting my time here. Keep brag about non existing bias. The Alliance are doing fine. Cause newsflash. THE ALLIANCE is not just Nightelfs.

the night elves are part of the alliance. What would you say if instead of teldrassil, the exact same thing happened to thunderbluff with the exact same storytelling, just horde and alliance reversed ?

I would cheer since we finally got the most useless of our races from the table, even offing out Baine in the process maybe. Unlike Nightelfs for the Alliance they contribute next to nothing for the Horde. Also I would also cheer, cause I finally got a good reason to hate the Alliance from an IC perspective even if the revenge never comes. For RP purposes it lays out a solid ground.

2 Likes

then let me ask in a different way: What if it happened to your favorite horde race instead? Thunderbluff was just an example, but just because you don’t like tauren doesn’t make it justified.

Really? Ogrimmar is in dire need of a revamp. Ugly place. And Orcs could grow back some teeth in the process. WoD got their identity destroyed. Would be full of opportunity. I know alliance fans who would like the same with Stormwind since those textures are still vanilla graphics mostly. Anything else is not on the table since it’s too new to get that treatment(Example Suramar and Zudalazar city). So I don’t have to worry about that.

Well but we aren’t talking about a revamp here. The point is that the race is almost entirely wiped out and even a revamp of teldrassil wouldn’t make that undone (even that won’t happen though, they’ll likely remain without a home). You can compare that with Orgrimmar being burned down, 90% of orc’s wiped out (consisting almost entirely out of civilians) and no revamp of org or revenge for the horde.

1 Like

Drafting farmers, Tree destroyed nations, andiun is high king.
You call that fine?
The only one’s doing fine is andiun and jaina.
The rest is all there to glorify those two.

Few, I guess you need to check Darkshore Namex please go and check

Welcome to the club of horde races. Elfs and Orcs actually can tell you some stories to that. Infact our most numerous race left is the Forsaken. That’s in how much of a shiz state we are. Dead humans and a Banshee are our toughest military force since MoP. That is depressing.

The entiredy of the night elves left is pretty much their army (since the genocide was aimed at civilians) fighting against the horde at Darkshore but unable to even reconquer what’s left of that zone.

How does it change the fact that it was officially stated that they’re a dying race now?

1 Like

so they are not considered as a Race?

Well I did -not- see that claim coming, no sirree….

As for ‘The Night Elves are a dying race’ So what? If you ain’t Orc or Human, Forsaken or Dwarf everything is a dying race it seems. The Kaldorei can take their place in the ‘Most of our race were wiped out and we’re on the brink of destruction’ club.

People expect immediate revenge these days, if Horde sacks a city on Monday, Alliance expect revenge by Friday. DO you have any idea how repetitively dull such a thing would be? Real Vengeance needs to stew and simmer, How long did it take Sylvanas and the Forsaken to get vengeance on Arthas, how long did it take the Blood Elves vengeance on the human Prince that committed Genocide on their people? -Three- Expansions.
That’s vengeance, that’s massing years of hatred.

How rubbish a story would it have been if out of some desire to make the game different for those with no patience that We all went “Ooh, Arthas is a meanie, lets all kick his head in right now” the very instant he got to Northrend? That would have been awful. Instead we had Vanilla, the world is reeling from his actions, the Forsaken are now a thing, the Blood Elves have totally withdrawn from everyone and shut Quel’thalas as they desperately try to save what is left of their people. No one is getting any revenge on Arthas, because we’re too busy with recriminations and fighting each other…

Burning Crusade, again, we are dealing with the fall out from Arthas’ actions, No Arthas means no death of Anasterian, which means they would never have needed to call themselves Blood Elves, meaning no Kael’thas and his evil chums. TBC is directly a result of Arthas’ initial invasion of Quel’thalas, which even predates the game! We’re still dealing with a long term revenge arc here, as we tidy up the pieces he left behind.

Wrath of the Lich King, Finally, the enemy is brought to bay, and at great cost, in the very end, he is defeated. What an epic story that is.

Or, if you like your metaphor’s more Pop-Culture.

Star Wars: Darth Vader destroys Alderaan. To keep things fair, The Rebels destroy the Death star, and everyone on it, including Darth Vader. The end.
Or,Darth Vader kills Obi Wan Kenobi, to keep things fair, Luke Skywalker shoots the distracted Vader, who dies. The End.

Or you could have a story of initial fightback, then absolutely everything goes against the good guys. I mean jeez, Empire Strikes Back is bleak. Han Solo in Carbonite, Luke Skywalker has just been maimed and learned some unfortunate home truths, Princess Leia is a slave to a vile slug, C3P0 has a restraining bolt fitted and is effectively therefore a slave.

I mean -everything- is bleak and horrible for the Rebels. What do the Rebel Alliance get? Nothing, except stomped on again and again by the Empire.

Did people whinge and rage because George Lucas didn’t immediately go “But hey, in the next film it will be alright, but for that film, that’s your lot, no further progression”.

This is the Kaldorei’s ‘Empire Strikes Back’ moment. Don’t cheapen it by requesting a quick vengeance fix…

Leaving aside the semantics that it is, completely different, remember, this was not the Horde’s plan. Genocide was not on the menu until Sylvanas throws a wobbly. The plan was to occupy Darnassus, and not -harm- its civilian populace, who were going to be hostages. Killing them would have defeated the whole point. You can even see this in the game, when Sylvanas goes “Burn it!” even her boytoy Nathanos has a “Er, What?” moment, so she shouts again “BURN IT!” It clearly was not the plan. so the most accurate way of describing it is that -Sylvanas- committed, or ordered Genocide. As far as Jonny Orc is concerned, they were going to invade and settle. -Even Tyrande- knew that was the Horde intention, as she says to the player character, that they should head to darnassus, to at least make the occupation ‘tolerable’.

Not really? The High Elves pretty much attempted the same on the Amani. In fact they did the -exact- same as Humanities attempt. Ah, you thought I meant the Orcs? No, I meant the Sentient and Sapient species whose lands the Humans invaded and built the Kingdom of Stormwind upon, the ones that the humans just killed outright, seizing their land, and continue to hunt them to this day. I meant the Gnolls. Or does Genocide only count when the race in question is Alliance/pretty-ish. Is that why no one kicks off about the Dwarves and Gnomes committing genocide against the natives of Dun Morogh, even to the bold extent that one quest has specifically the player character killing Frostmane children. Children. Guess its only Genocide when the Horde do it to the poor old Alliance though, eh?

Flippant answer? Anyone not quick enough to get out of the way of their expansion. Serious answer, the Trolls who just happened to be in the way of the Kaldorei Empire. Genocide can also include the forcible transfer of population, such as Garrosh was accused of in War Crimes, and the Trail of Tears in our real world (Which actually has a lot in common with the Kaldorei’s exile of the Quel’dorei)

I don’t know if it is symptomatic of the “Gimme Now!” mentality, but heck, you have no idea what is coming down the pipe, just that there will be no vengeance this expansion.

Kaldorei: “THe Horde destroyed our city, killed nine out of ten of our civilians(though not our armies) and Blizzard aren’t even giving us revenge the same expansion! Horde Bias! This takes too long!”

Sin’dorei: “Hold my beer”

3 Likes

No it wasn’t. The 90% number is used for the Scourge attack on the Blood Elves, nowhere in the Elegy is a percentage given for how many night elves got killed.

So the entire “9 out of 10” thing is headcanon to the core.

2 Likes

But back then, no devs mentioned that blood elves already got their revenge for example by conquering a scourge outpost.

My whole complaint is that the devs (story writers) already said that they are done with this story. If they didn’t say that it would be obvious that the night elves would eventually get their revenge and it would be fine for me.

1 Like

Execpt that we dont expect to ever see revenge.
There was no revenge for tharamor.
There was no revenge for the blood elves or forsaken.
The lich king was defeated because he was actively attacking and is not a player faction.
Even technicly speaking the lich king is still alive.
Just swichts bodies.

So when did blizzard ever gave any player race revenge?
Even the lich king was purly accedental.

Iirc, only one Dev said this? To me, it read like an off the cuff remark, meant to say that the immediate story would be focusing on other things (Nazjatar). I don’t remember it being supported/echoed by other Blizzard employees. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway revenge =/= end all of justice. Perhaps the Night Elf campaign for blood has concluded, but other, different forms of punishments are incoming, like reparations. And its not like Nelfs haven’t been known to eternally imprison their criminals.

2 Likes