So no revenge for Night Elves, I guess

Well the devs work together as a team, they write the story as a team and they are probably already writing the story for the next expansions. So if 1 dev says that the night elves are out, then that’s probably a very reliable source and this just disappoints me

2 Likes

You are aware, that if we put all the crap the Devs said through the interviews together, about 90% of it would be complete bologna at this point? Do you remember the Teldrassil “plot twist”? I do.

8 Likes

Well it’s still sad to hear that after over 1 year of the event, waiting for the night elves to do something, the devs said that there’s nothing more to come and saying that they got their revenge which is obviously not true at all, not in the slightest.

I guess the plot twitch with teldrassil was that nobody expected the writing to be this bad but it actually just was

Point is, don’t listen to the Devs. They both lie and have an ulterior motive.

3 Likes

Blizz are too bussy with pushing their favorite fish queen(Not aszhara).They always loved horde more and i personaly don’t think that nelves will get any kind of redemption soon.

Kind of like the British Parliament.
To the people: “We will leave the European Union. We respect the 17.4 million people who make up the majority on wanting to leave.”
To themselves: “Ok guys, how can we stop Brexit?”

Blizzard to the people: “We love Night Elves. We love Tyrande. We haven’t got to them yet, but we do love them and we can’t wait to show you more of them.”
Blizzard to themselves/Christie Golden: “Ok guys, how can we screw over Night Elves?”

1 Like

I suppose you’re right. Yes, it is another “Why I was so stupid to buy this expansion” thread.

I wonder why do you think OP had her rage aimed at you? (meaning Horde players) Her rage was aimed at Blizzard, but YOU choose to take it personal.

I still expect revenge for Southshore … Tell me it will happen this Thursday or Friday?

I don’t think what OP thought when she made this thread, but I gave up trying to find excuses for Blizzard.

BTW, did’t Horde get revenge for Taurajo in the same expansion? I remember you killing the general who order the assault on Taurajo. And destroying Theramore in the next expansion. Expansion which was expected to be “Alliace revenge”.

Jesus Christ. Theramore was retribution for Camp Taurajo? Because obviously a mighty military fortress and bustling trade city is equal to a small hunting camp.

Can’t remember anyone seeing theramore as retribution. It was the most obvious hint at how evil garrosh is. And Baine didn’t give any crap on Taurajo in the first place since he exiled all survivors. But yes. Our revenge was Hawthorne. Good enough.

I was addressing Cipmt’s last point. “Theramore being retribution for Camp Taurajo” is crazy talk to be honest.

Don’t take this as an offense Cipmt. I’ve seen far worse. I’ve seen people claiming that Teldrassil, an entire magical kingdom, is just retribution for Camp Taurajo.

2 Likes

That was an Obvious joke and an IC response from my character.
And before you go there, yes I did compare Darnassus /Teldrassil to Taurajo, not in size and scope but in writing - > Aftermath, Night Elves are led with Vengeful Tyrande(The Night Warrior) And Malfurion.
The Tauren…the worst incarnation of a racial leader seen so far.

Just thought I should point out my reasoning, since this is not the first time it’s brought up.
Besides, It’s really Stormwind that should burn for Taurajo, oh and Kul’Tiras for Jaina’s hand in the events, I’m certainly not as extreme to lob the Night Elves on the same pile of guilt :slight_smile: /S

1 Like

While we’re at it, we should burn Kalimdor to avenge Southshore. Sylvanas must pay! /s.

/s, Blunderhoof. Remember to put /s at the end to indicate sarcasm. This is the internet, I can’t see the face you’re making. And there are a lot of crazy Sylvanas/Garrosh fanboys out there who really mean those things.

But they didn’t -need- to…It was implicitly understood that Arthas was the guy who had messed them over, I mean that is a huge part of their story. Did they get revenge in TBC? No. They got it in Wrath.

I’m pretty sure it was that there would not be any advancement on the story -this- expansion, which, you know, is fair enough.

What would be your proposal then, to keep it all balanced? The Alliance use a WMD of their own and obliterate a secondary city of a Horde Race…

But oh, where would you find such a thing?

There wasn’t one. Humans had an extra city (and therefore the Alliance did) Theramore was actually rebalancing things, from a mechanics perspective. Now, taking it from an emotive IC point of view, for it to be revenge, they would have to have destroyed a Horde Capital city. Think about that. The alliance, did not lose a Racial Capital, they had a free pass with Theramore. For the Alliance to have done the same, would be destroying a racial Capital, which then of course would be unfair, as the Alliance did not lose a racial Capital in return. It would also unbalance things again, as the Alliance would -still- have one more city than the Horde.

Basically Pick an Alliance leadership character for them to utterly ruin and turn into the plot bad guy. Pick one, Any one. Because that’s what you’re asking for. Lex Talionis, an eye for an eye. SO cool, Garrosh gets War Crimed, Nukes Theramore, becomes a Raid Boss. Which Alliance character would you have been willing to throw under the bus to get your ‘revenge’ story?

There rather massively was! They destroyed the person responsible for the Genociding of their people/Turning into Undead and enslaving their people. For both Races Arthas is such a key figure to their backstory, even now.

So?

Yes, but -Arthas- is not. That’s the important thing here. Bolvar hasn’t done over the Forsaken or Blood Elves, Arthas did.

Well, The Darkspear against Zalazane, The Alliance vs Garrosh (Even if he was busted out of jail by Kairoz), The Blood Elves and Arthas, the Forsaken and Arthas. The Gnomes and Sicco Thermaplugg, The Draenei and the liberation of Argus. To an -extent- Genn’s vengeance by destroying Sylvanas’ future in a material way, as she had destroyed his in a dynastic way. The Kaldorei killed a greater Val’kyr, Sylvanas is really on the ropes in terms of her Lifelines, she has one free pass, then that’s it, into the deep dark she goes, given that Genn got his revenge in a backhanded way, you know,the place that even terrifies Sylvanas. The Tauren got revenge for Taurajo by killing the General who ordered it, In fact you know what, there are a load of instances of player races getting revenge. You can hardly call the Lich King ‘Accidental’ when it involved the full scale mobilisation of both Factions, and the Ebon Blade, and the Argent Crusade! There was nothing accidental about it.

Which is strange, given that one of the creatives behind the plot currently has made no bones about the fact that she favours Alliance, in particularly Anduin and Jaina. Lookie here, who suddenly gets a lot of screen time…Oh golly… Take off your Pity hat. Blizzard doesn’t love the Horde more, and to be honest such arguments are kind of embarrassing.

Ehh, nope, that’s not what I said. I said specifically that this is yet another Kaldorei ‘Woe is me’ thread. Of the type that we used to get two or three of a week. I thought we were done with them. It seems not.

I think you are mistaking exasperation, with taking something personally. I am exasperated that we are still seeing these threads, when there is absolutely nothing of value to be achieved by them, apart from formenting arguments. It is practically trolling by this point. Everything has been said, and if the target of the OP’s ire is Blizzard, then for the love of all that is holy, -Why- bring it here? That’s not going to help anyone?

It’ll happen when Sylvanas, as the architect of that misery, gets her well deserved smack. I have my personal theory as to what form that smack will take, but its probably not helpful to derail the topic.

Yes, that’s right. That was a quick fix revenge, mainly because the perpetrator was still in the area involved, as the General in charge of Theramore’s War effort to build a road through the Barrens.

Whoah, that wasn’t revenge for Taurajo? Heck no. If you read Tides of War, it most definitely was not. The Tauren didn’t even know it was happening, let alone it being revenge for Taurajo. When they did find out, what did they do? Sent a warning to Jaina.

Nope? And this is the first time I have seen anyone suggesting that it was?

My constant bane of text based communication, no one can tell if you are serious or tongue in cheek…

Noted, I should probably do that.

yes, but in this case the devs explicitly said that there will be no more revenge for night elves

Well they did mention that the night elves already got their revenge, which would imply that there is no reason to do something for them in the future anymore.

I’m pretty sure they do not literally mean that there will be no future advancement, just that as things stand, they are done with the story this time round, the Kaldorei have went back to being the terrifying forest ghosts, guerrilla fighters bleeding the Horde forces in Darkshore. They’ve gone back to their WCIII roots basically.

They’re done with the story. For Now.

Well we can hope, but I just made this post in hope of drawing some attention to the topic so that people and hopefully blizzard don’t forget about it

Well it would be nice if they could atleast make darkshore alliance territory again, but the land is still full of the blight and the fights look pretty even for both factions for me. In fact, there’s not even a point in reconquering the completely broken land. Teldrassil can’t be saved anymore and all those people that died with it.

The people are the loss here. My Kaldorei Druid honestly looks at it and his blood boils at the Kaldorei lives lost, he has become Nature, Red in Tooth and Claw, in his vengeance, but Teldrassil? He doesn’t care. It was a Corrupted violation of Nature. created by one mad druid’s hubris who then went on to bend the knee to Ragnaros, It is as holy as a brick. With mold on it. There is a reason it bubbled with corruption and was occupied by all manner of dark creatures. There is a reason the Dragonflights took a lot of persuading to give it their blessing, and even then, Nozdormu refused. It was a vile abomination of nature, a perversion and violation of nature, and the world is better for its destruction.

Shame about the city on top of it and all the innocent lives lost. He’ll shed tears, and blood, for them, but he will not shed a single tear for Teldrassil.

It’s nice that your druid is so edgy but the Night elves are still threatened like :poop:

What do you want to bet that IF Sylvanas will get her “well deserved smack” it will be made so that Horde will be proud and Alliance will remain with bitter(I wanted to use a stronger word here) taste?
I am sure it will be something like “Alliance will hep the Horde get rid of another tyrant” exactly like SoO. The seeds are already in place.

You’re right. Let’s talk about the revenge of Silverwind refuge. This Friday? Or next?

I would love nothing more than to see that. But I don’t feel it. And, as you ca see, I am a hardcore NE fan.