So there will be Mists of Pandaria mode on retail... hope they won't give up on classic

Just saw the news on Bnet - that the latest retail content will include Mists of Pandaria mode.

I hope this won’t mean we won’t see Mists of Pandaria: Classic. Seriously, a new mode is fine for retail players, but I want to re-experience MOP as it was in 2012. With separate patches, level 85 to 90, scenarios, dailies, raids etc.

6 Likes

I want Wrath of The Lich King Remix.

1 Like

The version we had already was a remix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it was but it finishes in less than a month. I wouldn’t mind replaying it.

1 Like

Noone cares about mop lol

1 Like

Quite a few people care about MoP.

4 Likes

The same thing was said about cata and it was wrong.

4 Likes

MOP on retail its some kind SOD Pandas, with some cosmetics rewards for retail acc.
Id like to test it, but we get pandas on classic soon, so probably gonna pass on that.

It’s truly baffling why they would do this when cata will be rushed through in barely a year.
I played through all of classic up until ICC and will continue in cata but I’m also a collector in retail so ofc I’m going to play this MoP remix, so honestly I feel it’s going to kill my hype for a true MoP classic if I’m honest.

Sure the classes will be different but we’ll be doing the same content, rep grinds etc. I don’t think I’ll do that again in MoP classic (where it will be much slower), and I know I can’t be the only one.

Truly a weird thing they’re doing.

5 Likes

The answer is easy: China.

Now that Bobby is gone from Blizzard and Microsoft, who has better relations in China, renewed partnership with NetEase, WoW devs would make a promotional content, just like they tried in 2012 when China was really booming. They are huge market indeed, however recent years events stopped that rapid growth.

2 Likes

Sure but it still doesn’t make sense for the entire already existing playerbase.
Killing hype by giving the players somewhat kinda the same but slightly different with faster progression and more interesting abilities isn’t good tactic.

3 Likes

Pandamonium may be rly short, like 2-4 month. We will find out soon.

MoP B.I.S

1 Like

Remix? LMAO such an odd and cringe choice of words. The classic cow milking by rehashing old expansions wasn’t enough, now they “bringing” older addons back on retail too… MoP ReMix Classic SoD when? :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I can see the room where this decision was made. Sideshave, nosering millenials, starbucks in hand: “Yo what’s hip with them kids? I KNOW REMAKES!”

Soon we have Cataclysm Classic pre-patch, people have shown on videos and spoken on posts etc that the Beta isn’t in a state to be released and god knows how ironed out the patch will be one it goes live.

I wonder when people will realize that the version of Classic that Blizzard cares about is Season of Discovery…

Few days ago the beta was completely unplayable, it crashed when I selected a character. I’ll try creating a new one to see if the same will happen.

1 Like

SoD is probably the worst iteration of WoW that has ever been. The game is almost unplayable and the only thing its keeping it alive is the “Classic +” hopium from Classic Andys and retail haters.

SoD is basically a really good idea with horrendous execution.

I like the concept, but its obvious that SoD only lives 2 weeks at a time and then everybody only raidlogs and log out.

If the only version of Classic that Blizzard cares about its SoD then all Classic is doomed.

3 Likes

I’ll go with this

pandas = $$$$$$$$$ /dance

Not quite true. Pandas back in 2012 weren’t universally successfull on Asian market. Cheneese, Koreans and Japanese generally disliked that Pandaren are like mix of all their cultures with Chineese one dominating above the rest. They are more interested in War within and pandemonium is just short event, not something that will draw their attention in the long run.