So what exactly is going on with Lordaeron?

Well, the current leading figures related to the thing (Anduin as a human lead, and Calia) were pushing undead+living thing. Even Genn and Turalyon eventually were convinced (to a degree) by Anduin. Lilian just did not encounter the whole glory of the little lion. Even Sylvanas currently hesitates.

So, not purely alliance. But likely not purely horde either.

15 years to resolve the Mankrik’s wife mystery for sure tell something about the blizzard story telling style.

Some do.

Sometimes it is the details that makes rich and interesting stories.

Maybe the forsaken will get a new capital too. Which add some extra things other than nostalgia.

How many purely alliance territories are there on Kalimdor? (until we get map updates for Darkshore it’s just the draenei starting zones for now)

Well, most of the races have 2-3 zones related to them. The only exception are humans with 4. Sometimes there is a couple extra for the faction overall. What you seem to suggest (sorry if I did not get it) is to give all of the former Lordaeron location + former lands of Alterac and Dalaran to just the forsaken? Like…

I mean people complain about night elf players sometimes being demanding, but 6-7 locations for a single race when the bulk of the faction is on Kalimdor is kind of… not precicely modest, to put it lightly.

Plaguelands is a great place strategically should it ever be necessary to protect Silvermoon or to get reinforcements from there. IMO synergy is just too good to ignore. And leaves still 3 places to choose for a renewed capital.

gl hf

No, just those zones that got deleted in the beginning of BFA, mainly UC and brill.
Should be kept in Forsaken / Horde control.

Besides both Tirisfal glades and Northern Silverpine forrest, are already Horde zones.
And should remain as such.

Aesthetically the most horrific / ghastly zones in EK?.
Yeah no thanks. Or which do you mean, WPL or EPL?.
WPL is fine… EPL? heeeeel F***** no!.

1 Like

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding then.

Well, is status quo all the time all that fun / interesting?

I mean, that when I’ve learned that Maldraxxus is like a “home” of the scourge, it’s more or less origin place, then I thought it should be possible to fix the places that were damaged by the scourge. And Plaguelands, both, are part of ex-Lordaeron, rather iconic / recognizable places, and suffered because of the scourge.

So, my thought process was that Stratholme as a place is naturally protected by mountains, it’s hard to siege. It has a rather wide and hard to block access to the sea. It has plenty of the scourge “tech” and creatures left there, so with new info from the Shadowlands maybe it would be possible to “save” / recruit some lost souls and bolster the ranks of the forsaken. Bonus roll for free will and likely those new members would be fine to be anti-alliance should this ever be needed.

The location overall IMO is on the path to Silvermoon, so it both would help to protect the place and to get reinforces from if that would ever be needed. Plus there was my assumption that the forsaken could alter the locations to suit their needs. Like, feral scourge to be turned from hostile to neutral / friendly for the horde, and an extra “layer” of defence against the other.

But it’s overall just me speculating and not digging too deep. At the first glance Stratholme is also a very recognizable place, key for Lordaeron when it was a thing, and with seemingly many strategic benefits. I think.

gl hf

Aesthetic matter little when it comes to strategic positioning.

If they want, players to play in that area, other than running through it… Then in that case i’d say that aesthetics matter…

After the 4th war, (second Horde civil war) i’d say we are far from a “status quo”.

Despite, what Genn said “we’ll be calling up farmers next”
The alliance seems stronger than ever, and they still have all faction leaders present.

Unlike the Horde that keeps losing them, one after the other, like old socks.
For instance, the current “Night Warrior” should kick the bucket any minute now right?.

Because every single Night warrior before has died, and the ritual kills, probably one of the reasons, why Queen Azshara called it the “Forbidden ritual”… but i digress.

2 Likes

Yeah, you just gave someone an idea there.

If they do update the whole area they could re-model new assets for the zone.
A lot of the stuff there goes all the way back to Vanilla. I really doubt if they want to showcase a new xpac focusing on parts of the Plaguelands that they’d be content to leave them as they appear once we return from our current business in the Shadowlands.

Some characters might not get much further. There was a Legion line about multiple leaders and betrayal. We’ll see how it goes.

Varimathras
So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.

When your thrones run red with betrayal… when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth… only then you will know. And it will be too late.

Azshara is an interesting character (maybe even a night warrior in the past), but that’s besides the point.

The line about the “forbidden ritual” supposed to be a part of 8.2, but was never added to the final version. Currently it is Ysera who calls it like that during the For Queen and Grove! quest.

gl hf

I hope they will, or at least one or two zones at a time. Artahi showed to me they can if they really want. Even though they broke the alliance between the Witherbark and the Boulderfist Ogres for no reason and with no explanation. The Witherbark area looks now better, but they live now in small tents, something I really dislike (make them lager like the old huts and it’s almost fine).

I would love for such updates for all the Zones. starting with Hyjal (give it to the Night Elves), Lordaeron and so on.
I would love to see updates to the world, the situation, how life is going there etc.
I especially want to see an update to the Hinterlands and what happened with the war against Jintha’alor (but the player zones should take priority). And then give us Forest Trolls (Revantusk).

We might see a change in Kalimdor also, since the Botani escaped through the portal with the mag’har, and disappeared into the wilderness.

1 Like

That could make a nice change. Perhaps they could also use the overgrowth and make it in to a larger and less dangerous environment.

:thinking: Just you wait and see, we might have Sporemounds “eating” Org and Tb, when we emerge from SL.

1 Like

Evil Life expansion incoming. :wink:

4 Likes

I would, prefer not to become a Botani host.

If they add some color to Durotar I don’t mind.

Overgrown Durotar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: One can only dream.

2 Likes

God please no. Evil [insert cosmic power here] is such a bore of a concept. I dread the day the “Evil Light” expansion eventually shows its ugly mug enough already…

Regarding Lordaeron, when it comes to the kingdom proper, I think that it is way, way too lore significant for both player factions to belong to any one of them, so…

Give it to the Argents. Have them cleanse Tirisfal Glades of the Blight, rebuild Lordaeron City, do the same with the Plaguelands both Western and Eastern, slap the Lordaeron “L” inside the Argent Sun and make the place neutral. Living Lordaeronians, both Argent or Alliance affiliated can visit and settle, and so can Forsaken and/or undead who feel strongly about their Lordaeronian heritage and they even get rid of Calia this way, who could join the Argents in that scenario. Everyone lives together under the Argents and the place finds peace and prosperity.

Forsaken who do not wish to do so can turn the Kingdom of Alterac into the new Forsaken heartland. If I remember correctly, per BFA text they had already begun to fortify it.

Well, no better or worse than any other, really, it all depends on the execution. Choosing the power doesn’t give you much more than a color-scheme…

I would like it, Overgrown Barrens (well only parts of it), could be interesting and help the Horde.

2 Likes

Indeed they could create an expansion of “rebuild”. NE rebuilding Ashenvale, Orcs and tauren making both barens some very nice places (with the help of or against botani), Forsaken searching and maybe finding their place in this world, etc. Maybe we can find a home for trolls in jintha’alor.

What do you want to bet that next expansion will be another “Oh, no, another big baddie is attacking the universe, so leave everything to rot and let’s go to another planet/dimension/whatever” ?

2 Likes