Solo Shuffle CR change

Agree on the leavers… was just winning all 4/4 games on Blades Edge (worst map for a hunter, at least for me) and someone left because they got tilted. 0 CR again and all the effort gone to vain :confused:

Not sure what the fix is here though. If they remove the 0 CR rule and the “tilter” messed up games for other people, they will obviously be affected negatively by a - CR.

I guess the 0 CR could stay but the repeated leavers need to be punished more severely?

Are you sure it isn’t because some dog decided to leave on the same second someone was about to die on the last round?

Had it happen twice now to me.

I tanked like 120 MMR after one 2-4 loss, and all but one of those losses were bleeding edge… like any damaging ability used on target at all would’ve reversed the outcomes

That doesn’t feel right honestly.

As a healer, 3/6 should be 0 and 4/6 already a solid amount. 20-40 +rating. Same but - for anything below 3. Increase heals (reduce dampening) and reduce interrupts, nerf some melee classes, especially with slows and stuns, and give ranged more mobility. Ta-da, RSS is fixed.

Too bad Blizzard’s giving us the cold shoulder right now.

You actually need to leave a game, drop your CR below your MMR, then you get good CR game for next few

No, it has to do with the meaning of rating. You’ve played those rounds. You can’t just get the wins and not the losses when someone leaves, or else it’d be weak to exploitation and cause further inflation. It’d also cause the rating to fail its purpose, which is to figure out where people belong.
For example, right now when nobody gets any rating gains & losses when someone abandons, it’s completely preventing the rating system from doing what it needs to do. It’s also causing a massive problem in wasting people’s time. It’s also causing people to leave just to spite as well.

As for the dead weights, first of all the frequency of people leaving needs to be addressed in the design. But it can’t be dealt with too severely, or else it affects the innocent players too harshly too, such as those who gets a DC out of their control or their child cries out for their attention, and so on.
And the existence of dead weights can be dealt with in the design in different ways, but the most direct way to deal with it would be in the matchmaking itself. But if there’s no room to address with it in the matchmaking, then it can be mitigated in the way it rewards rating gains & losses. Which you can read about here: Suggestion to fix the rating system in shuffle

One simple and instant solution they could add right away is when someone leaves this person gets the severe -rating which is about 100-150 I think. Split this rating among the others equally, this circumvents any problems of calculating rating for wins or losses unfairly. It’s solo queue, does not reward gladiator and honestly queues would be way better for the vast majority enjoying the game.

Solo shuffle should be taken serious, but not so serious that they can not implement fixes. Do this, leaver gets minus rating and that rating is split upon the other five who stayed.

that woud be slow af trough

For guaranteed rating, I doubt needing to invest time would prevent people from doing it.

Been through this a few times. A round where literally a global would’ve given me the kill. 3/6 either becoming -30 rating or 0 rating gained, while i was the one causing all the killing blows and staying alive.

I’ve not played heal, but I feel all of this is entirely anecdotal, as a DPS, most of my matches end 3-3 too, with 0 rating change. The matches where I win 4 in a row, result in a 0 change too, because the losing healer just leaves.

My suggestion would be to try DPS for a while, you’ll realise that queue times are longer, a lot of the matches end 3-3 for DPS as well and DPS do not have the luxury healers have with instant matches.

It’s far more punishing for a DPS to leave a losing match, than it is for a healer, because the net wait time for a healer leaving the game, is the same or shorter than the DPS queue alone, not even considering the deserter penalty.

The one thing we can all agree on, is that both healers and DPS in general appear to dislike this system, but leavers are the first problem to address.

ye thats really weird i think that “leaving issue” was like the first thing i mentioned when soloq made it to beta. It was so obvious that getting zero rating when somebody else leaves is the most frustrating thing and needs to be looked at.

2 Likes

no dps ratings are depending who has the most win and second most

@Blizzard!
It is so hard to gain any CR on Solo Shuffles because people constantly leave the solo shuffles before the last game ends & everyone gets 0CR.

As a DD you have to wait 30 minutes on average for a round of solo shuffle and than the above happens. This is really unstatisfying.

Imagine being a player, only interested in PvP content. I spend hours in the game just waiting.

I suggest to make 3vs3 DD solo shuffles possible in order for faster queue pops! All DD specs have quite good self healing/kiting/off healing by now and it would actually make the average player to learn more about surviving without a healer.

@Blizzard you are doing a lot of improvements lately! The gearing for PvP players is exactly how it should be and classes are more balanced than ever. You are hotfixing fast! Please dont leave us hanging here.

Please stop posting. At least play the game before posting. pce

I think this expansion is up there with the best expansions so far. PvP is looking very promising but ofc there’s always work to do and things to make better.

On the other note, went from 2.1k to 1.9k today so I’m already tilted and now as things were looking brighter I just got a 4 win game with 0 CR gained.

No way a 4 win should ever be 0 CR

EDIT:

That 4 win 0 CR has just been followed by another 4 win 0 CR again, but this time because of a leaver. All after 20 min ques between. Boys I’m loosing my sh*t and I can’t even swear because I will be banned. Wtf is this game

EDIT 2:

I swear I’m not making this up. Just got another leaver in a row making it 3 games with 0 CR. I’m done

I noticed, until I met him second time, I suspected he was the leaver.
But honestly he’s not in the same boat. He didn’t get all wins. In fact first session he lost every single match.

Better suggestion would be 2v2 DPS solo shuffle.
3 DPS vs 3 DPS isn’t very playable format unless you’re warlock or DH.

that boat has sailed :ferry:

FOR EXAMPLE

one dude with 2.2k CR at 2098 MMR game just got +19 points for 4 rounds won. How many would he lose for 2 rounds won only? -78? For 3 wins I got obviously a fat 0.

These lobbys are high loose low gain and it sucks playing games like that, especially if you’re for example on a loosing streak (3-4 games lost). You go from 2200 to 2000 too fast.

Basically you have almost nothing to gain whilst possibly losing a lot.

It feels like it puts you to these lobbys especially when on loosing streak so you tilt to before never-known heights

with 1 range 1 meele 1 healer (letting survival hunter count as range) they would fix alot of things also they can make it 1 game and remove damp so more healers que

make giving and taking points so eaaasy probably shorte nque times to 5-10min on the cost of shorter games since u dont shuffle