Solo Suffle killed the game

Not many. It was like, two to four people per year that even mentioned something like that on the arena forum, before Legion. And none of them were people with experience in PvP, it was just PvEers who wanted it to become like PvE where you could have gear progression not from PvP encounters, but from PvE bosses in PvP like trashran for example.

After Legion was released however, the complaints shifted, since people couldn’t gear up with stats they wanted for PvP with the template, and in BFA people complained because the progression required quite a lot of PvE.
Then SL came, and people complained about ilvl differences (and rightly so, it was just a tedious artificial obstacle to what should be about the gameplay design instead of ilvl differences).

Nobody cares about that ilvl difference on high rating, because there’s no ilvl difference there. But it made the gearing up of alts way more of a grind, and it made the boosting easier to do, and it made the people who never got above 2k before SL to feel like they had earned something “special”, because it would set them apart even more from the other players below them.

But in its core, it’s nonsensical for PvP gameplay, and it’s a waste of time for people playing more than one character, and don’t forget that there has always been progression in rated PvP.

Rating is progression. The better you perform, the higher rating you get. That’s literally progression. Then they have external rewards, such as cosmetics, which has kept increasing in the amount of cosmetics ever since rated was first introduced in TBC.

If you feel like there’s “no progression” in PvP without ilvl differences, then you should really take a hard look at why you’re even playing rated PvP when PvE would scratch that itch and it really doesn’t sound like rated PvP is what you’re truly after.

2 Likes

+1! I agree 100%. Great post!

RSS is the only reason I am playing this game.

++++++++++

The whole win/loss rating is a mess. win 1 or 2 you lose over 50 rating. Win 4/6 gain less then 50 rating…
Even if you’re not the one dying in the losing games you still lose allot of rating.

1 Like

Suggestion to fix the rating system in shuffle something like this would fix what you’re talking about. Minimum amounts and maximum amounts on CR gained and lost per won/lost round. It’s just chaotic for most players the way it is right now, and that way would make it more predictable and reliable.

1 Like

they need to return to % based titles and rewards now

1 Like

If that’s the case then how comes normal arena is a hell of a lot quicker queue times than 30/40 minute wait time in solo shuffle??

@Ashamed nailed it.

what actually killed the game is the absurd amounts of dmg that is available to every single spec

healing is the most miserable thing ive ever seen in 10 years of healing. its fuken disgusting

2 Likes

I wonder how many players confuse too much damage with fast dampening.

LuL?
It’s just numbers. Normal arena require a team which is balanced by deafult and matched against equals, while solo shuffle is “please join at will”.
It’s like the dungeon finder, a million dps for a tiny fraction of healers available means longer queues. Ranks don’t help on this.

The mode is fine, its just Blizz is not able to implement anything properly. Add to that completely broken balance and you have nothing but mess on your hands.

1 Like

The active pool has shifted since they gave people free rewards and titles in solo shuffle. Whole this idea with 2400 for gladiator is an old system based on much higher activity pool and also destroyed by r1 players sitting and camping from 2–2.4K for boosting.

So how do we solve this?

3 Likes

rewards[quote=“Sakurachaan-ravencrest, post:84, topic:425057, full:true”]
The active pool has shifted since they gave people free rewards and titles in solo shuffle. Whole this idea with 2400 for gladiator is an old system based on much higher activity pool and also destroyed by r1 players sitting and camping from 2–2.4K for boosting.

So how do we solve this?
[/quote]

By giving percentage based rewards instead of fixed X rating rewards, also by removing SS and making LFG automated queue.

3 Likes

I would call it “killed”, but we replaced one game mode with another. Majority of the players think it’s a good transition, myself including.

Posting adverts to find teammates is such an outdated model, even for MMO RPG.

Also, it’s just the first season of the solo shuffle, I am sure plenty of things can be improved. For instance in game communication other than typing (and by no means I mean voice chat, no one wants to be on a call after an entire day at work lol). But something like better markers, pings and so on.

One way to “save” arenas, would be to… delete 2s : ) 2s was always my beloved bracket, but I believe solo shuffle is just a good replacement - something you can jump in quickly and play to relax and chill (ok I know some people are triggered by SS, but that’s their problem xD).

This way we would focus only around 3s. Not only it would improve participation there, but we would also once and for all solve balance problem, where we see tons of whining posts on the forum related to 2s bracket.

I didn’t like 2v2 skirmish just for the reason you didn’t gain rating, so there was no progress and the ppl you faced where there to gear up. They had such a low gs and no skill with the new leveled class. What’s the point of killing them.

Would freaking love ranked 1v1 and 2v2 shuffle.

Thats why we need automated LFG queue not this 6 round SS bull.

1 Like

Imagine how many leavers you will have in that mode.

Why do people keep calling it shuffle??? We don’t want/need any more SHUFFLES. I just want to play regular 3v3 ffs by pressing a single button not posting adds in LFG.

1 Like

Yes and? Just queue for another game and replace the guy that left untill you find a guy that will stick around.

1 Like