Soloqueue Island Expeditions

The soloqueue for island expeditions are a great step into a modernized system

the only thing that is missing is the long awaited soloqueue for arena and battlegrounds

5 Likes

i support soloq for fun arena games without having to deal with elitists in lfg

2 Likes

if they can make void elves look like highelves… they can give pvpers #soloqueue

#soloqueue to save PvP

1 Like

Stop spamming the same crap with you and your alts you cretin.

4 Likes

And this is why soloqueueing wont happen - because you are spamming the forums 24/7 about it, effectively undermining the good arguments for soloqueue.

1 Like

im wondering what iam to you guys, the verbal punchingbag?

we gotta have a thread

Yes, we gotta have a thread. One thread. NOT x threads all over the place.

Well you always spamreport mine :confused: so lets have it or make one by youself

So I am to blame for the flagging and removal of your spammy threads?

We don’t need soloqueue, we need worthwhile rewards for BGs and Skirmishes. Those are soloqueue, but don’t feel like it because the rewards aren’t worth it. If you got 25 conquest for winning a skirmish and 100 conquest for winning random BGs, it would feel more rewarding. Then what we do is remove the item upgrading via arena rating, give everyone the option to upgrade the gear through honor points, if you reach the rating requirement in rated, you can upgrade for free or at reduced cost. Then rated arena wins would give 100 conquest per win, and primarily be used for people that want to push rating and get the cosmetic rewards and titles etc.

Soloqueue, imo, would be completely pointless. Imagine going a 2v2 as soloqueue, you’re a warrior and pair with another warrior. The enemy team are a druid and a mage… what do you want from that game? A quick loss? No reward, no rating, potentially lose rating… so as I’ve said we just need worthwhile rewards from the modes we already have.

seems like staff’s saved the thread, we can plant from here

I feel like you dont speak of my 30% of the pvp community, the third class specs who struggle to find a partner

the soloqueue believe is that you can choose your partners role ( you get a different partner every round)

Realistically that wouldn’t work. So you’re choosing your partners role, or your partners class? If you pick your role as dps, and decide you want to partner with a healer, how long are you going to wait for that? Hours if you only play with each person once, queue times will increase and increase, if you pick only certain classes to play with, again queue times will be crazy long, even longer when you get to higher rating. If you’re a healer you’ll basically get instant queues like dungeon finder. If you choose to play with dps as a dps, you’ll get a faster queue, but your comp could be completely trash. This isn’t overwatch where you can pick heroes based on what other players pick. So you could still end up with unwinnable games, and that’s not fun. Losing rating, losing mmr, crazy long queues. It wouldn’t be worth while.

We just need to have skirmishes as they are, but with more worthwhile rewards like I mentioned, and improve the LFG system. 90% of the problem with LFG is the player base. But atleast if you could gear though BGs and skirmishes pain free, you can then find partners because you’ll have the gear. Also big improvement LFG needs is the ability to queue LFG whilst queuing for skirmishes and BGs.

1 Like

the idea is that you can set your cross for what role ( not class )you want to be paired with

Tank Damage Healer Setup

Setup being rogue+mage and simillar

for diffusing the meta and preventing a permanent comp stomp

That wouldn’t work for soloqueue for the reasons I mentiones. Crazy long queue times. If you had an LFG system you could sit in, like a LF Partners type thing, and players can search you and send you messages. That would be decent. Like you put a short bio, comps you want to play, it shows your rating and exp and what times you play. That would be a good addition to LFG.

But I really can’t see soloqueue ever working in a game like WoW. I get why players want it, but players are primarily the problem and the reason why players want soloqueue. If the community weren’t so toxic and ‘elitist’, finding partners wouldn’t be so stressful. So again, I’m going to go back to my point of all we need is worthwhile rewards from skirmishes and being able to queue skirmishes whilst searching for people in LFG.

1 Like

you’re forced to be like that, because anyone is playing Stier and only want his best combination ( LFG )

There are not many bad/new player, I believe in soloqueue as the only possible future for PvP, in order to have more than 3 specs being represented since you always have a ‘‘theory crafter’’ posting a tierlist before a patch launches

this is heavy nowadays for every online game, especially for RPGS , RPGS usually are not balanced but no one would knew of the optimal combination, you would see anything

Maybe consider soloqueue as your rated skirmish

That’s my point though, soloqueue for arena would just be rated skirmishes, and it would be completely luck based on who you get paired up with. If we had better rewards, no rating gated upgrades and the ability to queue skirmishes whilst searching/listing a group in LFG, we wouldn’t need ‘rated skirmishes’. Hopefully you can see my point that soloqueue is unnecessary if we simply got higher currency rewards, no gear restrictions and fine tuned systems like LFG that quite frankly are embarassingly faulty when its so widely used.

If you have a decent mmr system I think that you will have a great impact in every match,

Anyone is around your skill-level and if you are good you climb,

anything can be luck based, but the thrill is to adapt to every situation, i can guarantee that you rarely face S-tier combinations

S tier for solo queue would just be different to 2v2 and 3v3. Basically all the classes tht are good individually would be the S tier of solo queue. It would never be equal for everyone. If you were a warrior, chances are you’d never want to queue solo queue. Solo queue would also eat into the player base for 2v2 and 3v3. You couldn’t join solo queue and face 2 players that have queued together. Solo queue would just replace skirmishes, which if skirmishes had the rewards, there would be no point in rated solo queue. The only plus to rated solo queue would be to earn rating, but the higher rating you get to, the longer the queues will be.

1 Like

waiting for a soloqueue match should be around 30 seconds, considering that you have around 9seconds to wait for a challenger round atm,

I think arms warrior would have a blast in soloqueue, ( they choose to be paired with a random healer) having it even easier then right now since they meet bad specs aswell,

You only play skirmish? I think competing is half the fun

You might aswell add a rated 2v2 skirmish with healer and cosmetic rewards / cr and many would be satisfied, which would be soloqueue in a nutshell