"Solution" for the Vindicaar controversity

Shush, don’t ask them that. They will use Nathanos to shot the Vindicaar down, then that arrow will fall from the sky and pierce Turalyon as he is fighting in the Warfront. Or Maiev. Or both, if both are active.

5 Likes

Nathanos will just fart and we’ll all die because it’s so “cool”.

4 Likes

Then he will raise our corpses, and we will serve Sylvanas, because its also cool to be edgy.

4 Likes

He will raise us all with a second fart because we all know how almighty he is.

2 Likes

Nathanos and the Horde player destroying the Vindicaar during the Blood War, as well as throwing demolishers around:

2:49 until 3:01.

4 Likes

Lok’tar Plot!

3 Likes

I figured it. Nathanos is gonna throw a demolisher into the air, the demolisher will launch a nightborne telemancer holding a mana bomb at apex point, then the Nightborne telemancer will teleport it to the Vindicaar at apex point of flight, and we are down a space ship.

2 Likes

Screaming “For the Dark Lady!”

Screaming “Death to the living!”

Yelling “Death is the only way!”

Which will emit the sound akin to “Victory for Sylvanas!”

Screaming “For Sylvanas!”

Vindicaar will be busy being hindered by plot.

In the name of the Lich Queen.

2 Likes

People seem to have forgotten just how many quests in the Antoran Wastes are about making a clear path for the Vindicaar and how many are about stopping the Legion from shooting down the Vindicaar. It may be able to endure fel cannon barrages but in some quests such as the ones where you have to shoot down Legion fighters or destroy their mortars aimed at the Vindicaar, it becomes evident that the Vindicaar isn’t just invulnerable and the Vindicaar made it to bombing range of the wall because of the constant efforts of the Champions of Azeroth destroying threats on the ground and in the air.

2 Likes

i dunno, if voodoo masks can destroy lightforged siege ballistae, i dont see how a huge tiki mask wouldn’t threaten the vindicaar.

i…uh… screw this, i want to go back when the draenei were draenei. this argus thing is giving me more of a headache already.

1 Like

What the heck do you think the Lightforged are? I mean they are Space Marines with horns…

When it isn’t in SPACE, then yes. And we know it has to descend from orbit into the sky in order to use this laser cannon that can punch through Antorus’ wall. If people -really- want to go down the route of “Ah but the LFD racial says from Orbit” Then sure, But then that also means that its laser is pretty weak, and not worth worrying about, and can inexplicably fire at two (Or more) different locations at the same time, on different sides of the globe, if two (or more) LFD happen to use it at the same time. Which is like…Not possible. That’s not how Orbital weapons work…

So either it -does- have to descend to use its weapon in such a powerful way, as we see it do, or it -can- fire from Orbit but is pretty ineffectual when it does so, and not worth worrying about.

It can’t be both ways.

As to its plot armour, of -course- it has plot armour, like any other object the ‘Hero’ is on. Are people seriously saying they cannot think of any other example in WoW when something you can one shot in other quests, suddenly becomes mega tough and durable when the Hero needs it to? Because I sure can…
The Vindicaar survived the Legion cannons because the narrative -needed- it to survive. Its like… Ok Pop Culture Reference…

Take Star Wars. The Milennium Falcon is a Freighter ship, its not a fighter ship, or even a bomber ship. It is designed for tugging Cargo around (Well, actually pushing it around, but that doesn’t matter). Then you have a TIE Fighter. A state of the art Space fighter, made by the people will all the money and the technology and ability to train fighter pilots in the whole -galaxy-.
It doesn’t matter -How- good a pilot Han Solo is, the reality is that he would lose in a fight against a single TIE fighter, let alone multiple ones.

However put the hero of the film into this freight ship, and suddenly it is this amazing invincible thing that chews through TIE fighters effortlessly.

Why? Because Narrative. Because the film would be rubbish if the first time they get attacked by TIE Fighters, Luke, Han Chewie and everyone just die. End of film. End of franchise.

People talk about ‘Plot Armour’ without realising that the strongest, most indestructible Plot armour in the entire game is their own Character! They are the Hero, they -have- to survive to drive the story. They’re not going to get blown up like some faceless mook. The Hero just getting into a vehicle makes it either indestructible, or much much tougher. Doesn’t matter, it can be the same type of vehicle that the Hero shoots down with one shot elsewhere…

Now I am not saying the Vindicaar is not pretty darned tough, but we can’t ignore its plot armour.

The alternative is just weird, but sure, lets entertain the idea, as some people think, that the Vindicaar is absolutely impervious to any harm, can shoot from Orbit and its weapon is devastating. And people complain about -character’s- being Mary Sues?

Seriously, if all that is the case, then frankly the Alliance fanbase can -never- ever- ever- complain about Horde plot devices ever again. That debate is over and settled. You can’t complain about the other sides weapon capacity when you have “Is immune to everything, Can do anything”

It can’t be all of these things at once. It was built from pieces of the Exodar, which rather famously -was- brought down by a Horde race…

3 Likes

The Falcon is heavily and illegally modified freighter ship. It has quite a lot military-grade stuff in it when we see it in New Hope including military-grade hyperdrive and cannons.

On other had TIE fighters were cheaply made just like Stormtrooper armour because the Emperor liked his big fear weapons rather than having anything decent for his base troops.

4 Likes

Yeah, you could do that to an Oil tanker I guess. Still wouldn’t mean it could fight warships…

That’s an interesting theory, Its not how other Empires have equipped their troops, they have went for homogenisation of equipment, but not necessarily bargain basement stuff… Where does that come from, is it in one of the books?

Horde Champion and Nathanos after destroying Vindicaar, Orgrimmar celebration.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT0RLp0XcAEllA2.jpg

If Aldith didn’t teach me, this gorgeous picture wouldn’t be here, so blame the Lightforged.

1 Like

Or sure, we could just go to memes rather than discuss it…

Oh come on mate, I was on memes two hours before you started discussing it!

2 Likes

Hah, fair point :smiley:

1 Like

And how is that relevant to dragonhawk being able to fly into space?

How many orbital weapons have you operated so far xD?

Oh, don’t worry, should the plot demand, Vindicaar will be shot down and blow up destroying Ironforge because a random Forsaken bread vendor threw a stale loaf at it.

4 Likes

I didn’t say they could? I mean if you read it again I did say ‘When it descends to use its weapon’ As in, in the sky, not Space. As it seemingly has to. I mean surely they didn’t just descend over Antorus to provide the Legion gunners with target practice?

Now wouldn’t you feel daft If I had worked on the SDI initiative :smiley: What I mean is that you cannot fire from orbit and hit the other side of a globe, that just is not possible. The Vindicaar is literally firing -Light- Not just the cosmic source, but actual Light, I mean that is what the ‘L’ in ‘Laser’ stands for in our own world. So I know Light cannot hit both sides of a globe at the same time, that’s why we have day and night time. Even from orbit, no matter how close, or how far away, it is impossible for any orbital direct fire weapon (such as a Cannon)to hit the other side of a globe.

That does remind me of a story a friend of mine told me, he worked in the space department of BAE, and in a meeting someone actually used the phrase “Well, its not rocket science”…

Awkward silence ensued, until someone went “Well…ermm, it is? I mean…that’s exactly what it is, I mean that is what this meeting is about, the scientific feasibility of a rocket design…” according to my mate, the poor bloke still hasn’t lived it down :smiley:

Well, I think we can all agree that such would be a -ridiculous- plot device, but theoretically you’re not wrong. Its up to where Blizz need the narrative to go.

1 Like

https://i.imgflip.com/1xbmgh.jpg