Sooo... we just reroll from Guardian?

Your choice goddess druid. You also don’t need a spoon or knife to split an apple.

Bare paws are all that is required.

it isnt even about doing content.
i tried all tanks and none of them needs healing in +14 keys, except bear… guardian just takes dmg and with the common build the selfheal is also very bad.
dmg is quite ok but the sustain and dmg you take is absolutely not.

also coming from a pala tank, it feels so bad that you cannot carry bad people at all. you cannot survive a fight very long alone and you cannot heal your group of have any useful utility to recover fails

3 Likes

All class/specs and not the same difficulty the play. Basically you have class/specs that are insanely higher difficulty in the past. Some classes/specs you could create a marco and just press one button to do their rotation. Then another class you needed insane skill to play.

Classes have never really been the same difficulty the play.

I have played at +14 were its harder to heal than +20. Just down to all the mistakes. The thing that come across the most is the entitlement to have success. For the game to be easier or the same easy level, no matter what class/spec you play.

I remember people talking about this all the time. An example, World Of Warcraft: Every Class Since Shadowlands Released, Ranked (& How Easy They Are to Play)

Examples
Druid - Advanced
Hunter - Easy

Druid remains one of the more advanced classes to play. Feral cat druid were dps skill level gods/goddesses, just to have decent dps in classic wow.

This is very true, and something I didn’t think about when I did the tanking dummy comparison I wrote about in the other active thread here. The build I used was probably the most defensive possible - anywhere I had a choice, I took mitigation or healing talents over damage.

No. Guardian has never been ‘advanced’. It has always been considered an easy tank and a good option for players new to tanking. (There was even a video during SL of one of the top players ‘tanking’ PF (+17/18, I believe) on a bear by banging his head on the keyboard.)

I looked at this article, and it’s nonsense - nothing more than clickbait for the sake of ad revenue. The fact that they list by class rather than spec is laughable. Rogue and mage are both listed as ‘easy’, for example. While frost mage is known as an easy spec, arcane mage and outlaw rogue are 2 of the most challenging specs to master.

I’m starting to feel that you have an agenda, Aellas, and your agenda is to keep guardian performing badly.

Most bears just take all the moonfire side of the talent tree, maybe that’s also an issue. It’s their call, but I’m taking Raze as well e.g., I time my Incarnates, save them for certain pulls, not always easy since pugs sometimes make me use it since they love to pull things for me sometimes.

This week I also take Pulverize. But I’m sure that compared to the other tanks, we have less selfheals. Would be nice to have some more.

Also the Azure Vault trink was in my vault this week, I quite like using that as an extra def cd.

no not at all.
guardian is almost the easiest tank around.
It has basically 4 skills and few utility.

brew master is very hectic from rotation and has a metric ton of buttons, yet the result even if played not perfect is soooooooo much better than guardian.

this has also nothing to do with whether your grp is trash or not.
On my pala i can carry terrible groups to a high degree and prevent a lot of deaths meanwhile I take 0 dmg and if i do i press 1 button to recover from 10% to 100% every 8 seconds.

with pugs I actually prefer to take the double FR and regrowth proc build over the laser build because you cannot rely on the grp. You sacrifice a little DR and dmg but overall I felt better. Not great still though

It is actually funny… FR has 30s CD and heals like what 40%? BrewM and Pala have like 6-8s CD on 80% HP heals. Blood DK and VDH are also selfheal classes.

The only tank that doesn’t heal for stupid amounts are warriors but they dont need heal because they take absolutely no dmg at all.
Bear should take a little more dmg than Warrior but much less than the others to be balanced. But that is just not the case.

1 Like

Paladin is also an advanced class and you talk about how much easier it is to play.

Mighty Bear

DPS like a DPS class and healing like a disc priest. Totally insane build.

Insane totally insane. https://youtu.be/9Nt-zuuxrEc?t=325

Its not a case of reroll away from fluffy bear. Feral for life. Bear or Cat. Not just for christmas.

Mage tower forms are very important.

Can you stop spam-advertising this ONE SINGLE guardian druid who plays with premades??
Clearly you are either the person in question, or an obsessed fan.
It’s blatant horntooting by now.

Guardian is easy base game, more complex to actually play at higher game and to pull off some insane shenanigans. Always been like that. It’s the easiest to get the basics of, but harder to perform very well with at high end.

I also disagree that paladin is complex compared… It has loads of saving buttons and things up their sleeve.

1 Like

I could fill the thread with videos but whats the point? Other than to mention mage tower druid forms of course.

Check out the videos avatar. Purrrrrrr

Furry fluffy bears 10.0.0.5

You think that guardian druid 10.0.5 is F tier right? You think druid tank is trash right? You did your guardian druid mage tower and got your cool fel skin but no one is inviting you to groups? Well they are all wrong as with the new druid tank dragonflight talents (bug free) the spec is an absolute force! I check out the latest logs while testing the spec for myself and boy oh boy do we have stuff to talk about!

Don’t reroll away from Druid.

#BLM - Bear Lives Matter.
Mage tower druid forms.

i got that, so I am advanced bear.
I don’t need to reroll away from bear because I don’t main it. I like to play all tanks usually around 15s to collect achievements but bear is currently the least fun and not being able to carry is just one point. Bear just has nothing going for it… it is bland and boring

You can SAY whatever, but numbers do not lie…
Even if it’s playable, it’s not even close to good.

I have both old mage-tower skin, and new one, so… I should know.
Played bear for 18 years.
Im not rerolling, but I have alts - and a brain; It’s easy to do things on paladin and warrior — not so much as guardian.

What numbers would that be? You have posted nothing.

Lets do RAIDs, Mythic All bosses.

Top Damage out of tanks. Druid Guardian.
Second for healing is Druid Guardian. 1st is Blood Death knight.

Mythic+ Tanks its only at keystone +27 that Guardian Druid is bottom. Very few have done a +28 12 paladins and 4 warriors.

At +25 the scores are very close but there are few druids. Seems everyone is playing warrior or Protection. The scores look balanced. There are less Gaudian Druids at every key level. its mostly Warriors and Paladins. Scores between the classes look balanced at +24. +23 near perfect balance in scores. Guardian Druid on power score wise with all the others. We see far more Warriors, death knights and paladins. Perfect balance in score at +22. Same at +21. Same at +20. Mostly still paladins and warriors. I’m looking at the table for each keystone and its score.

This is the numbers from warcraft logs. With the biggest possible data set.

Of course it is because they take so much damage…

…but they don’t have the HP of a BDK to enable them to survive taking that damage.

But since were looking at carefully selected statistics to support our arguments, let’s look at the performance of the top 100 CE druid tanks. Let’s load Warcraft Logs and look at Raids > Vault of the Incarnates > Raszageth the Storm Eater > Rankings > Druid > Guardian. Now we can see how those top 100 druid tanks in the world are performing…

Hang on a minute! There are only 6 of them. That’s right. Only SIX guardian druids have killed mythic Raszageth. Kind of odd for such an awesome tank, don’t you think?

1 Like

Far below Blood Death knight which has the highest healing by far.

Say we take Pumps, the god of all bears.

Last boss mythic he is doing 38,083.8 hps and 63,006.9 dps. 47,685.4 DTPS 61.33% Mitigated.

In the same Raid a Blood Death Knight is taking 63,966.8 DTPS. Mitigated 28.05%. 46,257.2 hps and 46,661.4 dps.

Nahigow Warrior Tank. Last boss mythic. 65,745.2 DPS. Mitigated 62.24% 39,664.0 DTPS. 22,118.1 HPS

Bedgemadge Paladin 88,533.7 dps 48,750.1 DTPS Mitigated 53.79, hps 24,175.2 hps.

This is why Guardian Druid shouldn’t die.

Druid forms at mage tower are very important. Every druid needs to look their best.

#BLM Bear Lives Matter.
#BBN Buff Bear Now.

From the numbers it looks like many are finding bear harder.

Its just another troll trying to wind up frustrated guardian druids.

Flag hes posts for trolling and stop feeding him.

1 Like

Iron Thorns nerf :person_shrugging:

Yeah, I’m starting to see a repeat of the problems feral had when guilty and his mates were being toxic elitists (before they grew up) and claimed feral was fine even when it was so difficult to play that only elite players could manage it. The conversation in Dreamgrove guardian is starting to feel like that.

1 Like

I can see issues were the amount of bears doing top keys is very small and their graphs show a large deviation in results. Yet top players are getting close to each other in results in raids (yes I know small sample size looked at).

I just worry about the rumor of a comming nerf. You can see players only playing meta, at the very top keys. I believe warrior or paladin.

Want difference two months make.

Well, tier lists can never be relied on. Even the players that create them know that. Dratnos has commented that it’s always fun to look back a few months later and see how wrong he got it.

As far as guardian is concerned, however, players who actually do difficult content were reporting on their tendency to go straight from full HP to zero during beta, and nothing has actually changed (aside from buffs to some underplayed talents that were too small to make a difference).

The incoming nerf is a small nerf to AOE damage, and that’s warranted. Guadian’s problem isn’t lack of damage. Its problem is not staying alive.

3 Likes

Mythic All bosses

M+

+25 very few druids.

Hunter they believe needs changes. DK and ele shaman.

Mage tower forms ftw.