Speculation: WoW Classic has more players than retail in the EU and the US

Rubish,server capp hasnt changed,realm wise classic realms have bigger populations.And regarding quee times tell me around prime time 19 realm wise for EU/EN.Regarding that whole Retail realms,there description of High/Normal/Low is static,they dont update it,where is for Classic they had to change it,too update frequently on a daily bassis to try fight off the quees.

I am on Draenor and even back durring Ghuun i couldnt find any decent native speaking guild for my self,since the 3 ones we had in Legion all disbanded,so i stopped playing the game.And couldnt be arsed with m+ since legion dungeon design was far superrior.Hence Ghun is the last curve i have for bfa on my account.

1 Like

Wait isn’t classic capped at 3k a layer with 2-3 layer ? Meaning the cap is 9k a server ?

No one knows the exact number of layers…id guess they use 3 layers+realm for around 15k population to downsize easier after the hype.I’d say they also dropped the ball by not locking the realms as they do for retail,but hey.So now we have 15k population realms with 5-10k quees durring prime time.

So or so it doesn’t feels full anymore in classic. The last few days I saw maybe 2 people in my questing zone and both were Horde. Dungeon groups are hard to come by after DM

Maybe it’s just the german site but classic is not healthy here anymore

1 Like

No clue,but for Gehennas it’s just awful,everything past 15 realm time i fight for mob taggs since launch.It’s crowded,first eassy time i had was this friday since i was able to log in and play the game,was awsome.People are everywhere…i have no clue without incressed dynamic spawning and layers how they would have pulled this one off.Also i still have rlf and coworkers coming to the game,so the “hype” isnt something that will downsize.And lets not forget the idea to remove layering…not sure how they intend to do that.

• classic came on a good time since unless you M+ BFA is bad . So classic has more players clearly.

• if numbers on classic were to “wow!” Blizz will publish them to raise stock. If they are “ok/great” maybe keep on low profile.

• as bfa has delivered so far i think we can see good numbers again in 9.0 tbh.

You’re speculation is correct but classic has serious issues about endgame .
Let me tell you what happened so far :

• a lot of players joined classic out of nostalgia ( old gamers / wow players)
  • a lot of them out of curiosity to see what classic has to offer
    -streamers = are going to stream anything to get viewers from positive to negative stuff , u name it , as long as it has players
  • some players joined because of friends , guildies who moved to classic
    We will see what happens when ppl lvl up .
    I’m looking at this objectivley , classic has a few raids and pvp is terrible by all means , no scaling , 15-20 sec CC’s .
    I play both and i’m curious what this will turn out but atm is just the Hype .
1 Like

Ye those declarations for retail realm pop are missleading…They only ever change for Draenor and Silvermoon for launch from Full to /Locked and thats about it.

post edited

Well I hope they do it fast. Classic is not a good game leveling wise. The only thing saving it are people to play together with. And with layering iam all alone most of the time. If they remove layers , I may be able to see atleast a few people to play with

1 Like

Could add screenshots of the scans ? Else your scans are actually not worth anything :slight_smile:

Correct.

Not sure what you mean regarding population,if your realm has low population then the system track that and remove layers, one by one to add people,the system is desgined in soutch way,so your post kinda makes no sense from what i saw and how they explain it.Especialy when i see german realms already on medium.
Regarding “leveling is not good” its personal taste,i actually love it,especially now that i have Stormstrike.

3# ofc is hype , i and many were hyped abount WoD and BfA and this died within two days from start ffs . At least we still have ques after week of the release of classic .

Ps : sry for bold , try to fix now.

The server I play on is medium to high. But still no one near me to level with . I need to call my high level mate for elite quests.

And I have to tank in balance specc since else I would have to search for 2h for a group.

Leveling for me is .

Starsurge , moonfire , starsurge , moonfire moonfire.

Mob dead before reaching me. Now I need to drink

Repeat for a few hours.

post edited

2 Likes

I just made a scan of the most populated classic server

300 alliance and 133 horde player

Well dude bfa for me is : log in , do two dailies and 1 emisary . Log out and park for next day. Thats why i quit

1 Like

I dont understand the logic you go by…Even if your realm is low pop(witch i doubt),that means it wount have 3 layers+realm but it would use lets say realm + 1 layer (making the total pop 7k) since you said it has no quees.By that logic with the declaration for realm list constanly updated on a daily basiss your realm would be on low,but currently 12/noon all are medium.I hope you see the ilogic in your reasoning.

No one ever levels a druid in classic as balance,but hey.Regarding mana drinking welcome to my world.I play enhancment and lighting shield/windfury encht/flame shock/stormstike there goes the mana,but i 3shot the mob.

Thank you for the info.

1 Like

I somehow doubt argent dawn would only have 1k players online at any time, feels like wow would be dead already if it did.