Spell Batching WORST Idea Ever Implemented

OP doesn’t even talk numbers and everyone fell for it hook line and sinker, as if they’re doing this for our benefit lmao
Notice how the tone sours by the end of the thread when people actually had a chance to play with it / realised how horrible it is.
They could have used a 50ms window and all of the stuff he mentions would still have had a chance to occur.

1 Like

Yeah I mean, im guilty of that too. “Oh, the chance to see 2 mages polymorph eachother? That seems like alot of fun!”

Idiot:p

2 Likes

I’ve not experienced this yet as I try and avoid pvp :sweat_smile: thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately leeway and spellbatching are 2 major issues that should have been fixed.
Back then the technology wasn’t so advanced so those things were implemented in order to make the game viable. Now those 2 things are not necessary but unfortunately as long as there are stupid #nochange people that can’t use their single brain cell to see what things could be improved , we have this result

Simulate a LAG as “Authentic experience”, sight… Fix this mega LAG, spell batching is about 400 ms and Vanilla lag was 100-120 ms. @Blizzard

1 Like

Spell batching as a mechanic adds a level of depth and nuance to the game and allows the more aware/skilled player to pull off neat plays for an edge.

Gouging a Mage’s Blink has long been an iconic symbol of skill on the part of a Rogue in a 1v1 with a Mage, and this sort of thing is only possible with a slight Spell Batching window.

The issue is as Winehouser mentions above, the “artificial lag/window” they have implemented right now is completely and unnecessarily huge. As a mechanic it’s sound, but it’s way OTT at the moment.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.