Follow Lenara and get updated orders.

NEW Stage 5: Inspect the Troops
Inspect the Troops.

this is the difference between loyalist and saurfang versions of the scenario

wow

such storytelling

much impressed

1 Like

why are sylvanas loyalists rescuing Baine? I don’t understand this, what am I missing

1 Like

It’s pretty clear which side Blizzard wants you to take, since any loyalist-exclusive stuff just seems to be you tagging along with the rebellion anyway.

1 Like

Well yeah, you have to remember that this isn’t Mass Effect. You can’t take the losing side. Blizzard has given more wiggle room than usual but they still want you to stay on the amusement park rails.

1 Like

Maybe if they’d spend some of their negative 51% taxes last year on hiring a storyteller who didn’t just rehash MoP lazily we wouldn’t be in this mess.

6 Likes

Sunreavers show up in the Alliance version of the Orgrimmar coup.

“These chains are warded against magic. I’ll need time to pick the lock.”

“This feels wrong. Sylvanas must have known we were coming.”

“Indeed she did, traitor. You and Lady Proudmoore.”

“I have no quarrel with you.”

“Have you forgotten the purge of Dalaran, murderer? Today, the Sunreavers will be avenged.”

“Then your vendetta is with me, and me alone!”

“No! You will watch your friends die–just as I did!”

“Rangers! Kill them all! FOR THE SUNREAVERS!”

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t want to risk people getting mad later because they picked the ‘wrong’ side.

Illusion of choice is the best you will get. Most people don’t actually want consequences.

3 Likes

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Blizzard storytelling. The narrative is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical writing most of the plottwists will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Sylvanas’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation - her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these stories and twists, to realize that they’re not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Blizzard storytelling truly ARE dumb- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the depth of Anduin’s existencial catchphrase “The light shall burn you!,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Blizzard’s genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools… how I pity them. :joy: And yes by the way, I DO have a World of Warcraft tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

12 Likes

But in all seriousness, I’m just kinda waiting to see how BfA ends at this point. I don’t feel invested and curious about the story anymore to the point of excitement.

1 Like

The forums won’t let me post a link to it, but Mechagon’s location is on MMO champ and it’s located just west of Kul Tiras.

I do love how Mechagon is this mysterious island that nobody knew about until the vault in Tiragarde opened… And nobody bothered to check the large island just west of one of Tiragarde Sound’s gates, which a bunch of ships must sail near on a daily basis.

7 Likes

NEW Stage 11: Destination: Anywhere But This Game

12 Likes

I bet they tried to make it underground, couldn’t make it work and just said “flick it, it’s an island now!”

7 Likes

Why are you people acting so upset/surprised? This is exactly what we expected, and Blizzard has proven again and again that if it is predictable it is probably true.

6 Likes

Because, in spite of popular belief, some of us do actually hope for the best, even though we try to keep our expectations low.

12 Likes

Blizzard is like -the- trope of “Oh look a random island the size of half of Kalimdor no one knew about!”

1 Like

Baine survives, called it. Golden is too protective of her favourites.

2 Likes

The real problem is how slowly the plot moves. If they absolutely had to do the MoP dance all over again, it shouldn’t have taken this long for the Alliance and the protagonist side of the Horde to do the Total Warchief Makeover™ yet again.

My hopes rest on the next expansion more than anything else. If it follows the pattern, it will be decent.

2 Likes

Can i still take a vacation on an island and wait for it all to end?

Or rather;

Go down to the pub, have a pint and wait for it to all blow over