[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

Gnomes confirmed for the ultimate e-boy race tbh.

The mechagnome visual style is actually kinda cool, the problem with them is that they look like little potatoes with sticks in them because their bodies and heads are normal gnome sized but their limbs are super thin.

5 Likes

If we’ve learned anything from video games it’s that you can cover unsightly prosthetic limbs with large black trench coats. I’m sure this will be a transmog option when Mechagnomes hit the scene. Perhaps a racial armour! Complete with cool shades.

2 Likes

God I want to play a clockwork gnome so bad it’s everything I ever wanted but I never even knew it

Meanwhile, I’m entirely opposed to the idea. Prosthetics doesn’t make a “race”.

Exactly.

2 Likes

True.

And neither does fat.

3 Likes

The good drust joined the kul tirans and “vanished” into their population. It’s pretty unambiguous what the husky lads and lasses are.

Huh… Never thought about it that way.

Then Clockwork whispered long and low
And what he said, no mortal can know

Can we get an F in chat for Gil-Var-Delle?

1 Like

They sneered when Clockwork made his demand
'Till Twilight raised a hand

1 Like

Tho Blizzard said that biologically they’re the same as any other humans.

5 Likes

I see no contradiction. Both drust and humans are vrykul blooded, functionally the same “race” with differences in size and mass.

“Drust blood is why Kul Tirans are big.”
“Humans and Kul Tirans are biologically identical because they both come from vrykul.”

so

why aren’t stormwind humans big

2 Likes

They’re big where it counts

2 Likes

“OwO” - Tandred Proudmoore, Year 33.

for you…

1 Like

Yep, this sounds like the next expansion to me.

2 Likes

Bionicle is very based and cool though.

1 Like

It very much is.

1 Like

The same way zandalari and darkspears are both trolls, biologically the same. Different elves are less like each other due to excessive magical mutations but we still regard them elves.