[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

https://i.imgur.com/ktqXKL1.png

Golly gosh I almost got a full house.

2 Likes

And say stuff like “we dont take into account what raging players say” and something about the lore not being there to tie the dev’s hands. Honestly it’s past insulting.

Go talk to Ulfar again. He states it pretty clearly for you that the good drust integrated into the Kul Tiran society and their descendants heard the call of the wilds couple generations later, leading to the Thornspeakers becoming a thing.

Also re. The Thalyssra thing do you ever think you might be taking all this a bit too close to the heart with the way you rave in this thread? A healthier approach might be to distance yourself from it a bit.

8 Likes

Thalyssra eats babies.

Fix’d it right up.

It’s amusing that Azshara of all people mocks Tyrande for conducting a forbidden ritual, i’m hoping there might be something more to this night warrior shtick.

I would argue that Lor’themar moving against Sylvanas does not reflect the people’s will. Especially since we see Sunreavers in the scenario taking a stand.

Though I do think it will be a big watershed moment, I think if it comes down to it the blood elves (Silvermoon at least) will likely stick it out with Lor’themar. But we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

It seems an uncertainty. Lor’themar at least expresses doubt.

"Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin’dorei stand with me. "

In actuality there’s no subtlety in Blizzard’s storytelling; the majority of Sin’dorei will 100% follow Lor’themar (player characters) since the Saurfang choice quote unquote doesn’t actually mean anything.

Interesting. Other than the Sunreavers in the scenario, what makes you think that?

I’m curious since I don’t really see anything to indicate either way.

This is another why Lor’themar atleast seems to acknowledge that his people aren’t a single-minded monolith. But as Yue says…

None of this matters, we’re blindly set to follow the one named character in lore. Just like every other race.

My heart goes out to all more war-like tauren. Especially those that hoped that Tauren Heritage wasn’t going to be about Baine.

1 Like

Fair point. The Lorthemar quote indicates that there could be split opinions. Could be fun if Blizz lets that play out.

But yea, it probably won’t. 'Cause linear railroading is easier.

I’m getting a bit tired of gold sinking mounts in the game.

50K hippogryphs each for Alliance and Pterrorwings… The Rustbolt resistor for 520K gold!!!

Inhales This may be easily obtainable for someone who plays the game everyday and dedicates 2H a day to AH… But seems like Blizzard forgot that the playerbase stopped PLAYING this game.

My gold income only comes from old raid Tmog runs and even that is something I do rarely as of late. Can barely upkeep my gear that way. Tossing Half a million gold mount is incredibly stupid (Alongside the ridiculous Gryphon recolors that costs 50K, my god, 50k gold recolours, gotta love that.). It’s pretty sad that cash shop mounts are more attainable by the average joe than ingame mounts.

Ugh.

2 Likes

i really hope to see plane mounts as shown in the model list.

1 Like

5 minutes… i earned millions (and spend it all again) with 5 mins of AH per day.

1: Does not play enough to gather ingame resources (gold is a recourse).

2: Want’s cosmetic stuff obtainable for ingame resources.

3: Does not have enough ingame resources to get cosmetic stuff.

4: OMG BLIZZ SUXXORZ! MY RIGHTS AS A HUMAN BEING ARE VIOLATED!!! CALL THE UN COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS!!!

Yeah, cus the game sucks right now.

I’m sure you know that nobody wants to invest that much time and investment for an inedaquate reward. The reason why I’m not moaning about the Bronto mount is that it has functionality worthy of the money put it. Here, we’re talking about your daily mount that carries you from Point A to point B.

Yes, pretty much made that clear. You missed the point entirely. Problem is that there seems to be too many of those for your average casual WoW players, especially in a time where game isn’t doing well.
Edit : I meant to say that it has become a trend that doesn’t have once or twice throughout the course of an expansion, but several times in BfA.

Completely disingenuous about my statement.

4 Likes

I like how at least this storyline is more fleshed out and with better build-up than Darkspear Rebelion and SoO. Leaders take some time and reasoning before they throw their lot with Saurfang, while before all it took was Garrosh yeeting everyone out of Orgrimmar to keep it simple. I suppose that if MoP Garrosh never happened, I’d enjoy the war campaing a lot more. It seems like at this point Blizzard is throwing paralels intentionally, to set up some giant Shamalan twist at the end. And that worries me.

1 Like

Feels the cosmetic item is inadequate.

Still wants the item.