[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

The Last Guardian is the best warcraft novel. Good characterisation, good world building, good pacing, good rising action and mystery.

3 Likes

Any book by Knaak is worthy of being a method of torture. I’m glad they started using him less and less.

Last Guardian is my favourite Warcraft novel by far. I see you are a Goblin of culture.

1 Like

Aye, not a fan of him at all, but I’ve read his books and I can stand them, but I like those books way less than all the others by far. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it wouldn’t make sense to replace Tyrande with Flynn Fairwind, no.
Unless you mean Shandris who’s been in the game since vanilla as well.
Or are we talking Thalyssra? I need names.

3 Likes

Shandris was a character in warcraft III wasn’t she? I think.

The only books from him I managed to stand was “Stormrage”… I tried reading through Wolfheart but the guy bore me out halfway through and I completely stopped.

For me, Knaak gets a pass for creating Jarod Shadowsong and having him try to 1v1 Archimonde.

‘‘Stormrage’’ is almost the worst offender imo, due to him describing so many things in that book. Wolfheart is way better in that regard, so I prefer it.

“Character” is a strong term for Shandris in WC3. She was, I would say, less memorable than Naisha.

7 Likes

But she existed and showed up in Warcraft 3, so she’s not a new character. :>

That’s true. But It does suck that the Nelves appear to be taking a back seat to the Nightborne for -the- Azshara patch. So I hope that’s just early PTR confusion.

Thalyssra is the “big elven leader taking the fight to Azshara”, and I was hoping it’d be Tyrande.

Thank the lawd it wasn’t Tyrande.

I hate her character so much I’d actually like for her to die and Shandris to take her place. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Hey guys, do you think with things progressing as they are that Thrall and Jaina will finally get together? They are like WoW’s Ross and Rachel :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

No.

Just, no.

I had to actually look up if Naisha was included in Legion, turns out she was a quite easily missed Banshee mob when you plow through the Tomb of Sargeras. And apparantly during the PTR she was part of the sisters bossfight, but was randomly replaced by the huntress ghost when it went into live.

Just, why?

1 Like

Thrall is married, with a child.

Do you think Thrall is a bad husband and also father? I think he is a good man, a family man, who would not cheat and/or leave his wife and young son.

Shame on you, SIR.

7 Likes

And daughter who was a new born in Warlords of Draenor.

When he’s warchief again, im sure he can take a concubine or two.

No, thats his alternate reality sister. It was Durotan and…uhm, insert Thrall’s mother’s, child.