[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

Looks like Blizzard is putting their own bodies in the game

2 Likes

Game isn’t nearly finished yet but Warcraft 3 with a modern splash of paint on it with maybe a few updated mechanics here and there sounds amazing on paper. The online matches will definitely be revitalized with cross-functionality with the original games.

Really want to level a male pandaren priest now for the pirate look

Also the Old God who benefits the most from us fighting each other over it.

Azshara: Thalyssra. So the Horde sends its sorceress to plunder the treasures of Zin-Azshari–and seize the Tidestone for your warchief, no doubt.
Azshara: Would you entrust it to Tyrande? Perhaps she needs it to invoke yet another forbidden ritual.

We were so close to greatness

Then Jaina and Thalyssra team up to control the power of the Tidestone and break into Azshara’s palace. There’s nothing after that, so I assume we’ll just leave it unguarded, again.

Kind of a shame, honestly.

Would male dreanei not be better? Make that davy jones cosplay.

1 Like

Would be a nice theme for Krasarang Pandaren.

But you only want it for the tentacles don’t you?

Well, dreanei has the tentacle beard don’t they? Its as close to davy jones as we can get i guess. :thinking:

Those two lines of dialogue make more sense if they’re between Shandris and Thalyssra :S

1 Like

They’re addressing Thalyssra and (probably) Shandris, not both to Thalyssra I’m sure.

I know that. I’m saying the dialogue flows smoother if it was Shandris and Thalyssra speaking to each other, not Azshara speaking to Thalyssra and Shandris.

Instead of

Azshara: Thalyssra. So the Horde sends its sorceress to plunder the treasures of Zin-Azshari–and seize the Tidestone for your warchief, no doubt.
Azshara: Would you entrust it to Tyrande? Perhaps she needs it to invoke yet another forbidden ritual.

try

Shandris: Thalyssra. So the Horde sends its sorceress to plunder the treasures of Zin-Azshari–and seize the Tidestone for your warchief, no doubt.
Thalyssra: Would you entrust it to Tyrande? Perhaps she needs it to invoke yet another forbidden ritual.

The first one is Azshara trying to one-up both of them but the dig at the Tidestone and the Warchief really falls flat when they’re in cahoots to begin with. The second one instead establishes the animosity between Thalyssra and Shandris and how the Alliance views the Horde still as pawns of the Warchief despite increasing internal unrest, as well as the uneasiness of this temporary alliance they’re soon forced to participate in “for the greater good”.

Instead they drop it all and become friends in the span of 5 minutes

4 Likes

Well that’s a shame. I always wanted to know more about the Black Bride.

I don’t think that would make much sense for Thalyssra to make a jab like that either since she is the main advocate of this truce with Lor’themar being the more skeptical one. In addition, the story has been moving to a direction where even some of the more radical elements of the Alliance like Genn are starting to see that not all Horde are Sylvanas’ cronies and the first line would just undo that development.

What I think is that only one of the lines plays, depending on if you’re Alliance or Horde, though I feel the latter line still needs something more even then.

The big truth pill is that the alliance fanbase probably couldn’t take being morally dubious; a lot of the vanilla stuff is often whitewashed away and the drama surrounding the purge squads causing them to be renamed

7 Likes

Even when it happened in an alternate timeline, people went up in arms over Yrel’s radicalization ((but at the same time cheering her on for being genocidal))

5 Likes

Brennadam is a perfectly in character thing, even despite the overlaps of horde adds and quillboar and knowing that it was a last minute nonsensical change.

The purge squads are ooc for the alliance but btw we need to be more morally dubious. Also no seventh legion ever chained up and then burnt a vulpera up. Also the changes to Yrel are bad but its okay because its okay to genocide another people if they have been baddies. Also speaking of genocide if u agree with the burning of teldrassil then ur worse than polio, but btw the genocide of an entire tauren tribe for dwarves to get some dusty relics isnt really comparable.

t. Alliance brainlet, as they win gold at the mental gymnastics [2019, colourised].

10 Likes

I think the problem with the purge squads was the fact that it was the Vulpera being purged for no good reason. If it had been Forsaken, there woulda been widespread support.

The most common complaint I saw was “Why the heck are we purging the Vulpera instead of actual Horde?”

1 Like

https://i.gyazo.com/f7b4c79f66fe46ebfb8308ad82c18b94.png

what did they mean by this ?

6 Likes

It seems that you’ve taken my post a bit out of context but that’s fine.

If you read into it I was referring to it in the sense of my annoyance towards people who metagame and claim to know everything Baine and Sylvanas did and what was said in the meeting word for word, bringing in information which their character likely wouldn’t know about just to prove a point.

3 Likes

Ah see that’s lame, I get that, nobody should be a walking dispensary of metagaming knowledge.

But I do think there is a case for a fair few people not really being 100% behind what is happening in the Horde, small brained comments from Lor’Themar saying the Horde at large support her is on par with the ham handed writing that gives us the Saurfang character suicide.
Oh and the mustache twirling idiocy that is Sylv currently, she was one of my favorite characters

1 Like