[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

They’re not and you know that. If you just mean that anything that has the Elf skeleton is an elf suit yourself.

Ofc I know it. :smile:

I think the Ankoans are pretty cool looking, and I’d probably play it if I could.

I’d rather have Fishsticks over Potatoes with metal sticks in them.

Honestly Allied races weren’t a terrible idea, but it’s how they went about it that soured the whole deal for me.

1 Like

Like I said. Highmountain are at least, genetically, a different subspecies.

LF Draenei should also have been customisation.

What?

They’re only different because they live in a cold mountain and Cenarius granted them Antlers.

Taunkas fit more your term here… Even Yaungols!

I really want Jinyu or Ankoans, tbf. Would actually be a -proper- Allied Race for Alliance for a change. Not a glorified body type/skin options.

2 Likes

You say “for alliance” as if it’s not identical for Horde.

LF->Highmountain
VElves->Nightborne
Dark Iron->Mag’har
Kul Tiran->Zandalari

Both faction got shafted regarding that.

IMO, the only Allied Races that are actually “Allied Races” are the Nightborne and Zandalari. The others are more subspecies/blessed/cursed versions of the other races.

2 Likes

Nightborne is quite literally a subspecies of night elves.

How you gunna put Kul’tiran above Zandalari and Velves over Nightborne?!

How exactly are Kul Tiran - a unique model version of an existing playable race (humans) - different to Zandalari - a unique model version of an existing playable race (Darkspear)?

How are VElves different to Nightborne? They’re both just reskins/light remodels of BElves and NElves respectively, except factionswapped.

2 Likes

Remember, Gnomes.
Purity First.

3 Likes

I shall never touch a Mechagnome.

OG gnomes, still the best gnomes… Historicly proven their loyalty and commitement to the Alliance.

Because Kul Tirans are just fat humans, while the Zandalari are a completely different race/culture with a seperate identity.

Emotionnaly I agree. Objectively, I don’t. They’re not the same rig, there’s a great culture behind them, customs and all that.

Kul Tirans objectively do not have the same culture/identity as Stormwind humans.

You are lying if you say otherwise.

Zandalari and Darkspear are both trolls. They are the same race.

Idk, vulpera are basically furry gnomes. That kills two birds with one stone

They aren’t. They were just granted Cenarius’ boon that replaced their horns with antlers.

puts a mechagnome on your head

You touched one!