[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

There is a reason, it’s the exact same reason why they accepted Death Knight.

Alleria said so.

Just like TIrion gave you a letter to hand to the King, so you where able to march through the city unopposed up to the King and hand the letter to him :wink:

Trusting Alleria “Competitive Naaru Eating Champion” Windrunner over Lor’themar “Daddy” Theron, smh.

More proof that the High Elves are a tasteless faction.

1 Like

Yeah. NGL. I was hoping after the mediocre showing that were the Velves/LFD, that the Alliance would be getting more good stuff. Dark Iron were a great step in the right direction, but Kul Tirans were just a weird addition, and I really dont want Mechagnomes.

Do we even know how well the High elves and Void elves get along? I mean sure the two sisters get along oke, but Alleria wasn’t really involved with the bad blood between high and blood elves.

For all we know the high and void elves hate eachothers guts.

Agreed, while I feel the Horde got the better part of the Allied race (they are, mostly, unique), the Alliance allied races just seem to steal the shine of the other, non-Allied races.

Mechagnomes? Take the shine of the gnomes as the known tech race.
Kul Tirans? Steal the unique aspect of Gilnean society (druids).
Lightforged? Steal the Holy Light aspect of the normal draenei.

Well.

I dont think the Alliance allied races are bad as races.

Its just they’re not really what was asked for, and they feel half-baked.

Zandalari? Non-hunched regular trolls.
Highmountain tauren? Tauren with antlers.
Nightborne? Blood elf in night elves skin.
Mag’har? Regular orcs without green skin.

:smile:

You got me there, I keep forgetting how many Allied races there already are.

Shouldn’t be in the list, imho, people have wanted mag’har orcs since TBC or smth, so now they got them :wink:

Let’s just agree that Highmountain, LFD, Dark Iron, void elves would’ve worked better as extra custimisation options.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, I wanted it too. \o/

You’re the worst.

I always wanted red orcs, but sadly people hates me and my wish :<

I’m scared, Elenthas has been typing a while now.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it.

I’d love the WoD Fel Orcs myself.

But if that’d happen the people would go.

“BUt thE HoRdE Ain’T EvUl” yet they use fel orcs.

Not enough to abandon the Alliance though. Meanwhile eating mana from creatures was enough to make them abandon their ancestral home entirely.

The Alliance and Horde allied races are matched. Intentionally so I would expect.
Lightforged<->Highmountain (both cosmetics on existing same-faction race)
VElves<->Nightborne (both cosmetics on existing opposite-faction race)
DIrons<->Mag’har (both cosmetics on existing same-faction race)
Kul Tirans<->Zandalari (both model changes on existing same-faction race)

If the expectation of Mechagnome+Vulpera comes true then this still remains the case as both model adjustments on existing same-faction race/skeleton (gnomes and goblins respectively).

3 Likes

To be fair, the high elves do not have much choice anymore, they can abandon the Alliance and face the world alone and go extinct, or stick with the Alliance, accept that elite squad of void elves and hope those void elves die out soon.

:man_shrugging:

Can’t we have gilgoblins and jinyu instead? Since we’re going underwater!

Please, let this happen.

Idk, they can start killing civilians to speed up the process. Didn’t stop them back in Dalaran, innit

3 Likes

Please don’t, I’ll take the high elves over the void elves anyday. Atleast the high elves aren’t disgusting void users in a mainly Light-worshipping faction.

No idea what this has to do with anything, but oke?

Too late! You’ve gotten the voidies!

Sadly so, but we all must work with what we got?

I just pretend they’re half-Night, half-High elves.

Maybe. But lorewise and in terms of characters/buildup, the disparity is disheartening.

Okay, I’m sending an assassin for your bum right now.