[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

Oke, just had to come back to this, but they didn’t abandon their ancestral homelands, they got kicked out by their Regent Lord, and by extension, their King under threat of death.

This is Gnomeregan’s bum, are you sure you want to assassinate it?

Yes, there are better gnomes out there, like Addie Fizzlebog, and Chromie.

Ain’t a Gnome.

Better at being a gnome than real gnomes.

Let’s ask it this way Levey.

What positive impacts can Jaina’s ability to be capable of teleporting wherever she wants without any significant repercussions?

Also Vulpera are unironically an ok addition to the Horde. I’ve had a change of mind after actually seeing their lore. I doubt I will play one but I don’t mind if others play them.

3 Likes

This, really. They have a cool aesthetic and they fit into the Horde with it. I probably wouldn’t play them myself, but I don’t see a problem with them.

3 Likes

Me looking at the watch, waiting until I can play Vulpera

3 Likes

I’m gonna race change this toon solely for the sake of adding +50 annoying points for being a more cutesy furry… But also because I am looking forward to RP them since they do stand out.

Yeah, Horde always needed a furry race ever since worgen went Alliance.

tauren and pandaren seen tutting in the background.

1 Like

They are neutral, so not fair. Tauren tho… Well, that ain’t very furry.

Dont get me wrong tho, vulpera waifu is a good waifu, Aerilen will agree

Highmountain stands…

So does gobbert

1 Like

The River…

[BFA comes and goes]
[Ion retires]
[WoW’s last expansion is over]
[the servers close down]
[humanity unites under one terran government]
[we leave earth behind as a race, colonizing new worlds]
[a galactic civil war between the terran government and independent systems]
[heat death of the universe]
[new stars are born]
[life is observed for the first time in the new universe]

…provides

rivermane are the worst :poop: ever added in recent year with their asthmatic voice acting, don’t even try to @ me

I would be completely fine if Blizzard looked at the camera and said oh nooo the Rivermane were wiped out in the war. Every. Single. One of them. Especially Jale. Boy did she have a painful death.

7 Likes

mighty thoughts tbh

1 Like

<pacifist river tribe
<can’t fight to defend
<relies on others for protection
<has to pay tribute to other tribes
<some cave troggs ruined my crop
<the skyhorn guy is enjoying my wife again
<beta as frick
<I miss Huln

2 Likes

Im overall iffy with Blizzard’s approach to magic in that it can do litterally everything. Sure, it opens up creativity, but when there are no laws anymore how things function, like with Jaina, then it both A) completly undermines -everything- anyone does ever. If Jaina can teleport wherever she wishes anywhere, or do anything cus magic, then why is there a war? Why is there any conflicts, and why doesnt mages control anything? And why does any kind of proffesion exist since magic can wip it up just fine.

And B) it removes any sort of tension/interesting hooks the story might have had when we know that, atleast Jaina can essentially just pop in wherever she likes, or do virtually anything imaginable.

2 Likes

[You slowly open your eyes]
[Pine trees surround your vision as the cart rocks down the hill steadily]
[“Hey! Hey you. You’re finally awake.”]

Can we make a petition for this.

Mechagon gnomes

These are strange times when Void Elves aren’t the worst idea for an allied race.

I love gnomes, but have you seen these guys? They look like meat potatoes on stilts.

Agreed, her voice is one of the most annoying things I’ve ever heard.

I don’t particularly care about Mechagnomes, but I think it’s hard to compare them to Void Elves when they have a zone and dungeon’s worth of story attached, while Void Elves came completely out of nowhere.

Also Rivermane were the best tribe. Don’t @ me, the endless warrior cultures are boring.