[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

With Lost Honour, Saurfang ties with Sylvanas in how many HD cinematics he has appeared in. If Sylvanas does not appear in this next one, Saurfang will have the most appearances. I like how they are dedicating a series of cinematics just for him. It shows how important he actually is.

Imagine the two major players of this expansion - which is meant to focus on them and their differences - not even having realistic cinematic’s telling a story or focusing on what they’re actually doing/planning right now.

1 Like

Is Blizzard stealing that scene from every old action movie ever where a war general goes to the home of a renowned badass, who is by the looks of it cutting wood.

General Saurfang of the United States - Thrall, the America needs her best hero.

Thrall - “No, I gave that life up, you know that, epic mentor”

“Okay, but if you change your mind, you know where to find me.”

Saurfang epicly walks away, looks back at Thrall “By the way, They’re no longer honourable”

Thrall picks up his axe and follows epic saurfang guy to war.

F-18 Hornets fly over our heads.

–

MoP cinematic was the best, tbh. Cool focus on nameless orc and human and their fight. And I guess it had some pandas aswell

1 Like

That sounds about right.

There’s a reason why the classic Cincinnatus trope is very popular

Saurfang: I only wish the Horde was here to see my display of honour

The entire Horde: uh yeah we’re kinda busy fighting a war for our survival right now why have you abandoned us

Saurfang: Sometimes I can still hear its voice

1 Like

They could drive this point home by showing Nathanos doing something evil or whatever instead of Saurfang shambling to Nagrand to nervously tell another character about how he wants his Horde back (for the third time now)

3 Likes

i think it’s a really based power move to show us a third saurfang cinematic

1 Like

If Saurfang is getting his own cinematic series, I really hope other characters get their own in the future.

I just want a three-minute long hyperrealistic cinematic of Nathanos just glaring at birds.

9 Likes

That would be rather funny to watch. I consider this a Burdens of Shaohao, but highly upgraded. This shows they can produce these cinematics more often now, so I hope they get put to greater effect.

https://gyazo.com/df1958d6cd1ff5ba96cbbd9366ce2c44

Rare footage leaked of Saurfang once his rebellion comes to fruition

1 Like

This expansion is a Horde story. Just buckle up and enjoy the ride. Sigh.

Well, stop being boring goody two shoes alliance who only care about justice.

It’s probably a question of efficiency. Cinematics of this quality are really expensive and time-consuming to make, which is why previous expansions only had one each.

Blizzard being able to reuse models like Genn, Saurfang and Anduin for several cinematics is likely why they are able to do so many this time around.

4 Likes

Yeah, and as they make more, they can create new models to be used for later ones as well.

I’m not missing out, really. I play both factions equally and primarily RP on Horde now. My beef is with the writers refusing to give both factions their own narrative as this would be the time to show differing sides of a conflict.

I do like how the Dazar’alor raid has the other faction’s parts told by a biased narrator.

It’s probably somewhere in between.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt Genns version…

I believe Genn’s version is to be true. After all, we were there and heard live what he said if you play the Alliance side. It cannot be altered.

Except it hasnt been since Anduin freed Saurfang to try and end the fighting.