[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

Remember when Saurfang did anything after that?

Me either.

Yeah, but Genn is garbage.

No, I’m not biased, YOU’RE biased!

looks at saurfang cinematics

Literally running off planet.

I just wish they’d make up their mind if genn prefers his human form or his wolf form.

https://i.redd.it/r3besnandkx11.png I will never not love this (artist: makanidotdot / trashboat)

5 Likes

After the ship crashes into Nazjatar, I really hope Alyx will come and wake us up.

How come they came up with a cool concept for the aesthetic of Zin-Azshari as recently as the start of this very expansion in the Warbringer video, and then made no effort to make it look like that in game and just remade Azsuna instead ?

1 Like

Blizzard cutting corners… Simple as that.

Art team which is the last team carrying this expansion is getting their funds cut.

We thought game couldn’t get worse in WoD… Blizzard said “Hold my beer” and we got BfA… The AAA industry is going down the drain with the whole “Ship it and we’ll patch it later”, that’s how we got BfA and honestly, you’ll have to make some real efforts to do worse than this by now.

Cinematic implies (if not explicitly states, unless Saurfang is lying) that Sylvanas sent assassins after Thrall.

Big if true, but more examples of terrible writing. Surely Sylvanas is not dumb enough to try and assassinate the living symbol of the new Horde? She isn’t, but Blizzard continue pushing the narrative that Sylvanas is evil.

1 Like

“You were followed?!” “I followed them”

Ffs lol

5 Likes

Saurfang was lying.

I turbo-retcon’d this cinematic already and I’ve not even watched it yet. If Blizz can do it, so can I.

5 Likes

Yeah, she’s dead. There’s no way to get back from trying to assasinate thrall as a prophylactic measure.

If she tried to off Thrall that would not be equal to being dumb.

That is if she would be able to pin it on, say, an enemy. For example a boy in blue. That would give her a great propaganda victory that could make the horde unite against the alliance. That could even make for some great writing if the PC - as well as the NPCs - never find out (though the player knows ofc) and…

Just kidding Blizz would never write it like that. If there’s any attempt to kill Thrall it’s guaranteed the motivation was

“Lol I’ll kill him and make him undead lol. And then he will be all out ‘forsaken rulez blight the world’ lol”.

2 Likes

Stupid, sexy deathstalkers…

Forsaken aligned Death Knight Thrall would be quite the twist.

I’m going with the “kill him, blame Anduin” plan, though. Anticipating Saurfang recruiting Thrall to ignite rebellion and getting to him first, yeah.

As for the big internet question of how an orc warrior outstalks the assassins, it’s actually canon that orcs have superpower hearing.

1 Like

Saurfang followed them, but his first words to Thrall wasn’t “Hey my guy, there’s some stealthiboiz about.”

The whole cinematic comes across like:

Worker: Hey boss, I’m almost done with this cinematic, what do you think?
Manager: Looks good but I want to change a bit. Make it so Saurfang followed the clearly invisible Rogues to Thralls hut.
Worker: That… That doesn’t really make sense…
Manager: Did I stutter?

1 Like

I think he didn’t want to give away he knew they were there, so they’d attack assuming they had the surprise. But Saurfang turns right around as they attack. It’s a common scene in a lot of action movies.

Imagine still paying for this crap lol

1 Like

`https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/444573567821152257/578268288648347658/90f.png

Very appropriate meme.

Can’t believe Tyrande force-drained Elune’s power so that they could…fight over Darkshore for a few weeks and then be done with it.

Damn, we thought we were getting Frost Lich Jaina but in fact we’re getting Deathseer Thrall
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/hearthstone_gamepedia/thumb/2/23/Thrall%2C_Deathseer_full.jpg/565px-Thrall%2C_Deathseer_full.jpg?version=39b8cbe6e4f181e927d499eeed50f093

Tyrande has the most history with Azshara as she’s frequently compared to her as a more benevolent version of what Azshara could have been, yet instead they shoehorn in Shandris. (And while I commend the effort to give her character development, forgoing Tyrande feels so utterly odd.)

1 Like