[spoilers] 8.2 Rise of Azshara discussion thread

I miss Malygos :sob:

2 Likes

Whatā€™s there to miss?

He only showed up once outside the raid, then he was deaded.
Then he left us with his idiot son who tried to get the Blue dragonflight into the Twilightā€™s Hammer with Deathwing.

Donā€™t forget his other son who was dating a spirit healer.

No mention of Azuregos ever being his son.

Shut up nerd.

simply awful.

we donā€™t need another EPIC hero class - we just need tinker.

1 Like

Tinker can go to hell and stay there. I want more magic and less machines.

2 Likes

I just want a ranged class tbh. Ideally a caster. Weā€™ve had three melee classes since vanilla.

But my wish for a proper Battle-mage class/spec remains. We need a new mail armour class, and a tank spec using a 1h+off hand as a focus would be interesting to me. But if there isnā€™t a 2h DPS spec option I will riot. :fire:

In other news, more leaks from china. Or ā€œleaksā€.

Take everything you hear with a brick of salt.

I donā€™t want a new class.

I donā€™t want tinker.

Iā€™d rather see them drastically expand professions to make those likeā€¦interesting, viable and not utterly lame.

3 Likes

as long as the new class is cloth or mail user iā€™m fine with it

please, no more classes. we have enough.

How would people feel about new specs for existing classes then?

So rather than having to juggle a whole new class, they instead can just pin some core wanted aspects from requested classes to one that already exists. it could also be a chance to expand roles on classes.

Mage gets Battle-mage as a tank (Chronomancers get dunked on).

Rogue gets alchemist as a healer, or maybe bard.

Warrior gets Captain/Warlord as a healer.

Etc.

Specs are already insanely segregated nowadays, might as well embrace that. And I know classes have their problems right now butfrankly theyā€™ve had their problems since Vanilla launched, but that hasnā€™t stopped them adding three neww classes. Plus they added monks in MoP and many regard that as the peak for many classes. Blizzard can absolutely deliver a new class, or new specs, and keep the current classes intact.

A new class is 2-4 specs at most.

A new spec for everyone (except maybe druids) is 10+ specs to balance.

Soā€¦good luck with that :s

I wouldnā€™t say a new spec for every class, just a select few. Iā€™m not sure druid needs a new spec, or DH, or DKs, and so on.

Iā€™ve wanted Battle-mages since vanilla.

A healing warrior sounds weird but LOTRO had a healing melee class that worked quite well, and itā€™s very thematic as a leader who heals through inspiration and awe, and itā€™s a theme I really liked from that game (And DnD 4e).

Iā€™ve seen alchemist/bard get tossed around a few times as a new rogue spec or their own class, though bard would be more likely.

I just want my damn Vulpera.

2 Likes

Uncultured people: OwO whatā€™s this ima nuzzle with my muzzle UwU notices ur dps parses

Men and women of culture: Ratchet, Daxter, Wile Coyote and Sly Cooper transmogs.

Iā€™m going to roleplay basically Ratchet and nobody can stop me. Though tbh I canā€™t figure out if I should go rogue or hunterā€¦ probably hunter. Then get a mechanical pet called Clank just to seal the deal.

1 Like

Gonnah try and start a Vulpera Caravan guild if I have time full of Scavengers and salvagers selling salvaged weapons to the Horde.

Defo gonnah go for that Warmaster Seerus look

1 Like

I think itā€™d be good if any other class could use ranged weapons either by adding another shooty class or by giving rogues/warriors/whatever a shooty spec.

Iā€™d suggest Sniper for rogues but that treads on the toes for Marksman Huntersā€¦ but frankly they donā€™t feel much like snipers. They feel as machine gun mode as hunter has always been, and is also the most boring spec in the universe.

I was sold on them when whatshername greets you by saying ā€œIā€™m going to wear the skull of my first slain enemy nowā€. Thatā€™s pretty metal for a so-called ā€œfurryā€ race.

I was also gonna do a witch, but would depend what classes they can be. Praying for warlock, hunter and rogue is a given I think.

Iā€™d rather not.
Death Knights were hilariously broken for all of Wrath (I donā€™t recall a single patch when they didnā€™t get nerfed).
Monks were extremely powerful for all of MOP (if memory serves) and remain extremely powerful now, simply because of stagger.
Demon Hunter has single-handedly made the RBG meta at any vague competitive rank nauseating because not having one for CTF maps is a colossal disadvantage.

If Blizzard can introduce anything thatā€™s vaguely unique, that unique element is probably going to be extremely problematic and make them problematic until itā€™s toned down or removed.

Iā€™d rather they add more depth to the existing classes and specs than pulling brand new ones out. The same applies for classes.

also obligatory vulpera bad

3 Likes