SPOILERS How come nobody is talking about Tyrande *SPOILERS*?

I’m not trying to stir up anything. Really don’t like the thread title because NE are by far not the only faction being butchered.
I was actually looking forward to seeing her wrath to be honest…

There’s a thread about this already:

But TL;DR: No, she’s not gonna die at the start of Shadowlands. Stop believing clickbaity trolls.

5 Likes

Elesana in the US forum usually cries more about Tyrande and Night Elves than all the Night Elf fans and posters here…COMBINED :stuck_out_tongue:

therefore that’s pretty much a biased and not believable post…Tyrande’s chances of dying are very slim, she could be taught a lesson in humility (as it already happened in the past to her) and she could learn not to mess with powers and rituals she doesn’t completely understand in the future…but dying, and right at the start of Shadowlands? No way in HELL. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Fake news, fake post.

There is no spoiler about Tyrande at all at this moment.

It is confirmed that she doesn’t die at the start of Shadowlands.

Well, I don’t agree with half of that post. Night Elves did lost a lot, but they also gain a lot:

Battle at the War of the Thorns:
They lost a war. But their new joiner sentinels fighting against 8 times bigger army of the Horde, managed to gave a War to them. Which shows that Night Elves are really strong.

Losing of Theldrassil:
Yes, very bad. But Teldrassil did not give immortality back. Teldrassil is ~ 10 years old. What is 10 years for 10 000 old years Night Elves?
Night Elves managed to evacuate a lot of their people, and now they are returning to the place of their former glory. To the place where we first met them in Warcraft 3. To the Hyjal mountains. So Night Elves gain strong defended place returning to their Warcraft 3 story.

Anduins refusal:
Night Elves and Humans are not good friends anymore. That’s does makes Alliance weaker. But Night Elves managed to retake their lands. To have a victory for the first time in WoW Lore without a human potential. That what many people were asking.
Also, Night Elves became a race, that is closed from open world, just like in Warcraft 3. Again, thing that many players wanted.

Dark Ritual:
Yes, for now that ritual did not gave much. But it made Night Elves reunite as a nation. Maiev and Tyrande are now friends. Also that ritual made Night Elves more savage, just like in Warcraft 3. Tyrande transformed from the “Yes, high king of the Alliance” girl, into “If Alliance will not help us to take our lands, we will do it on our own”. Again things that many fans wanted.

e.t.c

As for the Shadowlands end game. Blizzard told (in quests), that there is no possible way to remove those powers, and that one person cannot hold such strong powers.
But than they say, that 2 old heroes of the past were trying to spread those powers between each other, but failed. Why Blizzard added such a possibility into the story at all? Probably to spread it.

I agree with that Night Elf from US, that something bad is coming for Night Elves. But in my crazy mind this is what will going to happen:
Sylvanas will tell, that she did all of this, just to force us to do that ritual, because only Elunes powers of the Night Warrior can stop Jailor. That Jailor would destroy all the world anyway, even if she didn’t done that.
So, Tyrande will share powers with Sylvanas, and they together + 25 random players will kill Jailor.

But probably after that they both will: a) Die. b) Decide to stay in Shadowlads.

I’ve read enough Elesana (US) /Elaria (EU) posts to not consider any of them serious enough to deserve a second glance.

They are often a mix of victimised prosecution complex or doomsaying, and often attract sycophants that not only reaffirm said position, but also dismiss any other problem as secondary to theirs.

In short, no. Nothing so far confirms what said title implies. And if that happened, NE aren’t as bad positioned as said person tries to portray them to be.

1 Like

I did look but I guess I didn’t look hard enough and also wine caused my eyes to be blurry I guess.
Sorry I opened a new thread about this.
But now that we’re here… I didn’t really believe it that’s why I posted it here since I can’t post on the US forums.
A lot of NE fans make NE out to be great victims, which I don’t agree with. Sure, they went through a lot; getting their home burnt down by former NE is pretty dark.
I really want for NE fans to get some actual retribution for that in-game. Not just in some novel that most players probably won’t even read but really in the game
Yes, I main Forsaken, and on this character I’m a Sylvanas-loyalist for the obvious reasons. But on all my other characters I refused to do any of the BfA story because I just cannot justify for any of them following either Sylvanas or Saurfang.
The story was bad. And NE do deserve some badass retaliation even if it makes Anduin cross with them and Tyrande. Stir stuff up inside the Alliance instead of letting Horde leaders become villains every other expac!

1 Like

If you want to post on US forums, you can just make a trial account and level a character on a US server to 10.

1 Like

Thanks. I heard about this before and sometimes there are threads I’d like to respond in but overall I’m content just reading there.

That’s a lie.

She’s holding more death flags than every other character combined and if voice lines are to trust, it’s over for her.

There actually is, there is a playable Shadowlands intro and voicelines from the Ardenweald campaign later. In the campaign we learn that there’s no saving her.

i’ve been saying this for ages. it would silence so much of the whining around WoW’s lore and it’s baffling to me that blizz refuse to do it.

Well, for me repeatedly given story about how a good heroes become evil, is like an 7 years old kids Anime story writing level.
And its happens all the time…

In legion -> Cordana, Ysera, Cenarios …
In BfA -> Delaryn, Sira, Silvanas, Nathanos.
In Shadowlands -> Tyrande.

In others addons before it was also always happening. Like Night Elf leader Fendral. Or Humans leader Benedictus…
Its clear that Blizzard just have not many real evil characters left. So, instead of killing hero characters in hero fight (like Varian), they just transform them in to evil.

But it isn’t: she’s alive after the shadowlands intro questline. She’s alive after the Ardenweald campaign. She’s alive when we hit max level. She’s alive by the time we meet the first Night Warriors. And with that, we’re past the start of Shadowlands already.

She’s alive after the intro quest. The voicelines offer us hope to save her from the fate of the first Night Warriors. There is saving her.

At worst, she’s in danger, is all.

1 Like

I refer to “the start of shadowlands” as 9.0 and the content that’s immediately available, the Night Fae campaign is one of them and that’s where she dies.

She’s past that already, the Night Warrior ritual sealed her fate. Besides that, I’ve read through the US thread and a point was brought up that no matter what the Night Elves try, it fails as we’ve seen in BfA. So even if they tried to save Tyrande, history suggests that it will fail.

She does not. She doesn’t die during the leveling, and she does not die during the datamined scenario either.

That contradicts what the first Night Warriors say in the voiceover.

…which is full of speculation and misinformation. Never trust the forums over game data.

Except in this case, this isn’t just the Night Elves trying. It’s the player characters too, and we have a much better success rate.

2 Likes

The voicelines are from the datamined scenario though.

The first Night Warriors say that there might be ways to save it but they also said that her fate is normally sealed and there’s no way to save her.

It’s not really though? Most of this thread makes perfect sense imo.

In BfA, most of these Night Elf failues also included the player character, saving civilians in Darnassus is one of many examples.

Given history, we can only assume that saving Tyrande fails just like everything else. if something else happens that would stand out then.

…and she is very much alive by the end of the voiceovers and by the end of the scenario.

Emphasis on normally. They offer us a way to help her avoid the fate they had. That is a very strong indication that Tyrande is not going to share the same fate.

It might make sense, if you ignore all facts, yes. Then it totally does.

Nope. The burning of Teldrassil happened without player characters having any way of interfering. We did not fail, we weren’t even involved.

Yes, assume. Assume is no confirmation. Assuming is speculation at best. We know nothing of Tyrande’s fate at this moment. We have hints, but nothing confirmed at all.

1 Like

We had a quest to save 960 civilians left in Darnassus, in 2 minutes. But its impossible to do it, and even with most skilled arms you can do maximum 200+.

So, in other words you get a quest to save civilians, which you will fail for 100%.

Of course if you are not Nelf fan, you can ignore it, and don’t give a damn about dying worgens, night elves, children e.t.c.
But for Night Elves fans, heroes of the Azeroth, is a really big fail. We did not manage to save those kids, and they burned down alive…

B.t.w its a second time for the Alliance. First time was with that bomb in Cata. We were doing very big quest chain across 2 locations, trying to stop it. But we fail, and Horde blow up big tree with students druids.

So we could save some civilians. We still had zero way to interfere with the burning of Teldrassil itself.

Regardless, this all has nothing to do with Tyrande’s fate anyway. The only hints at her demise are in the heads of people angry with Blizzard/Ion/The Writers/whatever. But before I get accused of defending any of them: I don’t. We simply do not have enough information about to do anything but speculate about Tyrande’s fate, and as such, painting anything as definitive, or as confirmation, is simply dishonest and wrong.

If the thread would be about speculating about her fate, I wouldn’t even be here. But her death is painted as fact, which is not the case.

2 Likes