[SPOILERS] The Fate of Sylvanas in BFA

Pure good as in morality. She’s always been great whenever she does show up but it’s so rare! And as of Legion we know she’s got her issues sorted out to the point of making the other dwarf houses look bad.

Oh lawd, Baine being forced to buddy it up with Magatha would be the best. Though I fully expect her to have her fingers crossed behind her back if they shake hands.

1 Like

I think it’s fine that Moira’s appearances are rarer. She goes under the radar of bad writers… Figuratively and literally. Plus she’s a mom raising her son, it’s quite refreshing honestly to see a WoW parent actually care.

Magatha could be a great leader to nuance the all so boring Baine. She’s pragmatic sure, but I don’t think she would have followed Sylvanas’s antics either… Magatha wants to gain strength but through precise strikes and careful planning… I could have seen her be the instigator of the rebellion for protectionism of her own people against Horde conscription and Alliance agression.

I’m still waiting for 25 Man Mythic Siege of Stormwind tbh.

So i haven’t played since september last year, could you give me a quick summary of what Baine has actually been doing? He did a lot of huffing and puffing and not a lot of doing in the start of BFA.

Only if we get a city wide revamp instead ofbthis horrid 2004 cathedral square, old town, dwarven district and Mage quarters… The new parc is fine.

After the Battle for Dazar’alor, Sylvanas raised Jaina’s brother, with the intent of brainwashing him into a sleeper agent. Baine interrupted this before it was successful (as far as we know, Sylvanas can probably shout some Winter Soldier trigger words at him though) and returned him to Jaina, by hijacking a Horde vessal and killing its crew. It was a cinematic you can go check out if you want.
Sylvanas found out about this, and then chained him up in Orgrimmar to be executed. You bust him out and he’s chilling in Thunder Bluff. He had something to do in the Tauren heritage scenario, not sure what as I haven’t done it

Alright thanks for the rundown. Glad to see he is atleast doing something. Has Saurfang done anything? I remember seeing a cinematic of him fetching Thrall in Nagrand and fighting some assassins but that’s pretty much it.

He helped bust Baine out but he was really just a side character to Thrall in that scenario

just generic “pure good is bad… pure bad is also bad… must balance…” spirit junk honestly

1 Like

do we expect anything less from tauren at this point

1 Like

sadly, no.

False. Cairne is the one who pulled the ‘‘muh balance’’ card (As crappy as that is, thanks Blizz…). Baine was actually fighting to protect his people and was ready to utterly destroy that evil spirit before Cairne intervened.

Baine has many flaws and was portrayed badly through most of the story, but the tauren heritage storyline was definitely one of his brighter moments.

1 Like

but now he loves darkness too just like his “”“dad”“” wanted

but not when it’s too dark I guess

sylv is too dark

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that he accepted and agreed with the mentality of

You got points for effort Uruk but that’s right about as far as it got

My point is that Baine still did some good in that scenario. He rallied his people, he fought off the spirits and he fought to protect everyone, just as the High Chieftain should. Something he should have been portrayed doing since Cataclysm.

So yeah, I’d still say that this is one of the brighter moments for his character, despite some obvious flaws that came out of Blizzard’s stupid writing.

Blizzard’s fetish for Balance and Free Will™ irks me something fierce. You can always bet your thumb that the real good guys will be the ones advocating radical centrist compromise even if it’s demons vs angels or death vs life.

5 Likes

You realise what franchise you play? The franchise that subverted the fantasy trope of the evil orcs and trolls?

Putting the obvious “Good guys” or “Bad guys” into a different perspective has always been a thing for Warcraft. Atleast since the days of Warcraft 3.

Making orcs good guys was a case of them regaining their sacred free will and choosing to be marginally less genocide-y so I don’t see how I’m wrong.

1 Like

And yet then they made orcs just warmongering idiots again and crapped over everything they did for them in WC3.

‘‘Hey guys, we got redeemed for our deeds! Now grab that axe and let’s spill some blood and enjoy the thrill of killing! Conquest and death! Lok’tar!’’

At least the Forsaken were consistent. The orcs were just crapped on. I can’t even take the race seriously anymore.

1 Like

Mag’har in particular are a joke race to me.

7 Likes

She will become a hero and all the atrocities she did will be forgotten