[SPOILERS] The Fate of Sylvanas in BFA

I’m just glad they subverted expectations with Illidan. Him becoming a shiny golden angel warrior would have been… well. It would not have been good.

3 Likes

They seem to want to put the A-H war on the backburner after this expac so they kinda need to tie up the primary “antagonists” of it. Sylv staying as leader should be unpalatable to the A leaders, which would keep the war going.

Of course they could just ignore that and be all “actually we 4give u now peace will reign in our times” and I kinda expect them to.

They didn’t Lightforge him but they still made him the narratively ‘correct’ hero, so expectations weren’t really that subverted.

My problem is that Blizzard seem to need this situation where there’s either absolute war or total peace in nowadays. Can they really not be bothered to continue as they did in WotLK where the faction war was always there and it was fully visible in some places like Icecrown but there were always neutral factions in the middle who managed to coax the Alliance and Horde into working together at the end?

I really thought we’d get a point of no return with the burning of Teldrassil and Jaina, Genn and Tyrande basically overruling Anduins peaceful nature, yet one touch of Thralls arm and suddenly Jainas back to wanting peace, Genn somehow lost all of his fury and is back to being a simpering old fool and Blizzard are ‘finished with Tyrande for now’.

5 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284360431684812801/609780609983840297/unknown.png

2 Likes

Well, Thrall did forgive Gallywix for everything he did in the goblin starting zones…

Daelin spinning in his grave would generate enough power to give all of Kalimdor electricity.

Imagine it; the outrage powerplant where low paid goblins sit with microphones, reciting the latest concessions and principle betrayals to appease the murderous, trespassing greenskins as a stone coffin with the Proudmoore anchor surrounded by loudspeaders shakes with barely contained fury, the lights in the room flickering and burning brighter for it.

3 Likes

The final sacrifice of the Bronze Dragonflight, spurred by a rebelious Chromie who wants to avoid the machinations of the Infinite Flight from the future, sacrifice the current timeline and hard reset everything back to the end of the Third War.

Roll credits… WoW 2. This time; no mistakes.

4 Likes

Love her or hate her as Warchief or the Banshee Queen, I have always thought that this character still has more story to tell. Delaryn says to her “You’ve made life your enemy.”

Now, who else, beside the Kaldorei is #ProLife? She’s involved with the 8.2 story with Magni…Alexstrasza. She is the Lifebinder. She loves life.
I do believe that, even if Sylvanas stands down as Warchief, which is possible, then I do think we have more story which involves her, Alexstrasza and maybe even Tyrande Whisperwind.

1 Like

She’s also a villain, so it makes sense that she’d stand against Sylvanas.

… Wut, in 10 characters?

I’d love to know how you work out that Alex is a villain? Popular belief and even Blizzard themselves will tell you that she isn’t, but go ahead.

Alexstrasza is the only aspect to have not been ‘corrupted’ or killed (or both). You think that’s a coincidence? It’s not. Despite #MalygosDidNothingWrong she still was the primary force against him. Malygos even calls this out in one of his dialogue lines - “Perhaps this is the work of Alexstrasza? Well then, she has sent you to your deaths.” Helpfully the willful Malygos was then replaced by the more malleable Kalec.

Despite being ostensibly good her breath created the current Lich King, cursing Bolvar into what seems to be a particularly painful existence.

Then there’s her inaction and palpable absence in the corruption and death of Ysera, her closest sister. Strange, especially since Alex assisted against the Nightmare in the past (Stormrage novel).

Indeed, Alex is the last true Aspect left. All according to her plans. The true ‘Dragon Queen’. She might not want ‘world domination’, but she’s worked behind the scenes to remove power rivals and ensure that she receives uncontested accolades and love, even if people can’t see the rotten core of her heart.

2 Likes

The corruption was caught early, but you have to think. If Alex was always involved in what essentially should be, Ysera’s battle, that makes Ysera look incredibly weak.

Ysera’s spirit is cleansed and is within the Emerald Dream and Ysera’s daughter, Merithra has stepped up to lead the Green Dragons. Alexstrasza will possibly aid in that re-establishment.

Ok, this is acting on feelings, not actual fact.

It was Xavius who wanted to remove powerful obstacles (Malfurion, Ysera and Cenarius.) I mean, if we wanted to blame more dragons, we could easily also bring in Kalec and Nozdormu/Soridormi for also not providing Ysera with aid against the Nightmare Lord.

Alexstrasza has nothing to do with this. She is not evil, she is not a villain.

I think this is more about your feelings and “everyone around Sylvie is evil, but not Sylvie.” So, Scholar, Lei’liah Vanestri is evil then.
Start speaking about fact and more likely outcomes, rather than idiotic lark which holds a reference to the above.

Just proving me right. Once again she worms her way into taking control, having removed a powerful obstacle with a weak-willed replacement sitting in the wings…

WYRMS NOT WORMS. NO MORE DRAGON QUEEN.

2 Likes

So acting on feelings…of that which I have no interest in.

How deliciously monstrous. History will prove me right though. Eventually. Maybe.

Or not. :blush:

Say uhh, Elenthas, you’re joking right? I mean, we know you’re a great Sylvie-shill but calling Alex evil is a bit much. I like to think you are joking but one never knows when it’s just text you can read :frowning:

3 Likes

I quite like her undead wraith skin in HotS. Genuinely serious about preserving life. All life. Forever.

Only because Blizzard lack the will and/or capability to write such a compelling and yet aptly foreshadowed twist.

1 Like