[SPOILERS] The Fate of Sylvanas in BFA

At this point, I can’t really say I care. While Nazjatar and Mechagon are fun in terms of game mechanics, they are the most disgusting places we’ve visited thus far. Mechagon, of course, being the most disgusting. It feels as if Blizzard’s moving further and further away from WoW’s original premise. Early WoW, despite the universe-scale threats that loomed over us, felt down to earth somehow. Even the Burning Crusade. I don’t know about the others, but I don’t want the naga dreamland. I don’t care for the gnome fantasy. Can’t we get some proper Alliance/Horde RP focused on the old world and dominion over it, now that the larger threats have been resolved? Nazjatar could have been a contested old world zone, for instance. Arathi, or Hillsbrad, Ashenvale or the Barrens or something. Can’t we get Lordaeron involved again? Can’t we have sieges of Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Ironforge/Quel’Thalas instead of some vile deep sea trickery? Come on, Blizzard. Give me the good stuff.

1 Like

tbf its good classic is comin out cause then you can do that as well !

That’s a lot of what you want, but then again, can’t expect people to care about the couple million other players when they don’t have fun :wink:

And like Ohru said, you’ll get classic for that

Man, i couldn’t wait for the Naga dreamland… Now I hear all about it from Shadow cause I don’t play anymore D:

So from what i gathered we are going to have a murderhobos united vs. Voidthulhu vs. The grimreaper gang.

You called?

1 Like

Yes, make ready for 9.0.

Serious face, that’s about as ‘compelling’ as the sudden faceheel turn of the AU Draenei, and the butchered ending of WoD.

Wrathion and possibly Abyssian seeking a redemption arc for the Black Dragonflight, so they can once again become the Earthwarders? THAT’S some compelling stuff right there. Sudden, inexplicable ‘twists’? Nah, we’ve had way too many of them and Blizz have proven they’re bad at them.

2 Likes

It’s not inexplicable, I explained it :blush:

It’s only sudden if you walk around with blinders during WoD questing and the final cinematic.

Yrel keeps getting reminded and proven that everything but the light ends up turning stuff into kodo dung. Therefore in the final cinematic she goes

“In the light, we are one” echoing the words of that draenei that died.

1 Like

I’m just waiting for more complaints that Sylvanas is going to be Kerrigan’d and transformed into a beloved hero revered by all of Azeroth with all of her sins forgiven, despite all of the signs pointing in the exact opposite direction at this point.

Raynor is not the entire dominion
Although wow has a habbit of using Starcraft content

I would argue we should have that through progression of the game, rather than regression, which I think is what Classic is.

I agree with Lutrogg. If BfA did one thing right, it was making a cool, solid pair of continents in the shape of Kul Tiras and Zandalar, but they still held on to a level of fantasy where spacecrafts and floating islands aren’t over-used to the max.

But I do not know if we can have that again, because Legion already set the bar for what ludicrous levels they can take the scale of conflict and fantasy. It’s why BfA, to me, seems so out of place and a bad direction for a narrative, because we’re suddenly forgetting about the actually cosmic-scale battle we just took part in which could have ended the world if we lost. And now we are simply going back to beating each other over the head with clubs. It feels like a very unnatural development.

2 Likes

Tbh the fact the Alliance doesn’t just completely destroy the Horde with their space ship was what made me :thinking: about BfA lol

2 Likes

Clearly the spaceship is not powerful enough. Big Lightforged Draenei are afraid of skinny hunched men of the horde and their MIGHTY tiki masks

3 Likes

It’s busy firing on full auto atm. Think about how many lightforged players are popping their racial.

No time to properly charge the thing.

“Can you stop firing our orbital cannon. FOR FIVE MINUTES?”

Derpy LFDraenei using it to nuke a random boar

I miss when that racial was stronger. It was insanely fun to pull tons of mobs then one-shot the lot of them. I don’t even think it was that good in actual endgame content, was it?

You say that but to this day I consider the ICC Gunship fight to be a prime example of why I think the faction war is dumb and has been dumb since Vanilla, after Warcraft 3 ended with peace.

The gunship fight basically is “Hey, they want to kill the Lich King too, **** THEM UP LADS!” and then you **** them up. Not to mention the Horde army slaughtering Alliance in the middle of them fighting Scourge in Icecrown the zone because… reasons?

You’re not wrong though. If you examined every patch and expansion and tallied peace v war, we tend to be spending more time working together than fighting despite what Lor’themar insisted in 8.2. It’s weird. At the very least it’s 50/50.

Even when the faction war is present in a zone, such as in a few Outland zones, it’s always a minor footnote in the story of the expansion or patch that gets completely glossed over. It wasn’t until Cata that the war really became a focus, then a patch later we teamed up to fight trolls and then we didn’t get back to the war until MoP, and it was ditched there too by the final content patch. And BfA looks like it might go on a similar path.

I maintain the opinion of preferring ‘Villain of the week’ expansions/patches over the faction war by a country mile. The former can have some janky writing but at least it’s funny and Blizzard knows it’s not prime literacy and they tend to run with it. When the factions start butting heads they try to tell a more nuanced story to keep both sides happy, and fail miserably, and instead of laughing at the absurdities I’m cringing since it directly impacts our factions. Not helped by their circle jerking belief that they’re writing geniuses with cuh-razy plot twists nobody saw coming.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this all the time and no one will believe me, but we Troll Witch Doctors are the most overpowered class in the game, we could break into your house and but our shoes on the couch and there is nothing you can do about it, we’re just too powerful.

Who would win:
1 legion of super space soldiers
VS
super spooky tiki boys

She dies then go to the Shadowlands.
And we go there with her.

Haven’t played since september 2018 but the things she did back then are completely unforgivable and she is so far beyond any kind of redemption that it’s not even funny.

They have one option and that is for us to kill her. If they even try to go for some “redemption” arc i will laugh myself teary-eyed. They took her too far into just blatant and appalling evil.

1 Like