[SPOILERS] The Fate of Sylvanas in BFA

Realistic thinking: Not dead could just mean she ends up imprisoned… Though personally my bet is on her being influenced by old gods/void lords and/or having some secret plan against them. So the whole thing will end with either her being ‘redeemed’ or we find out she was right all along, just her methods were not the best, and we should all feel bad for calling the writers-- I mean, calling her dumb.

Optimistic thinking: Sylvanas time travels back to just before the Forsaken joined the Horde, taking over for her past self and convincing Thrall NOT to let the zombies in. Forsaken are removed from the Horde and become a neutral antagonist faction similar to Naga; the Horde regain their glorious original aesthetic and feel, and all Forsaken players get a free race change. Blood Elves can stay, at least they got the red color scheme down.

1 Like

This is the same company that took Kerrigan from “Crazy lady that literally wiped out planets and controls the deadliest force in the universe” to “Super Saiyan chosen one that fixes everything and was the saviour all along” in StarCraft.

Sylvanas will be Kerrigan’d, mark my words. Garrosh was killed off justifiably after what he did because he wasn’t a waifu. Sylvanas has too many fans for them to kill or punish in any meaningful way for what she’s done even if it eclipses what Garrosh did tbh.

3 Likes

That’s my backstory also actually

5 Likes

I worry that you are correct. She wasn’t allowed to die at the end of her revenge plot, which was far more appropriate than anything that has been alluded to so far in BFA.

1 Like

She becomes the lich queen, rejoins the scourge and chases voidlords around?

Pfft, people really overestimate that thing. For a start, it was made of spare parts that somehow weren’t spare. I mean eesh, they just repaired the Exodar and got it able to hover again. If you take the pieces of something that crashed and put them back together again, you get the thing that crashed if you’re lucky, not the thing that crashed plus extra…detritus and shrapnel do not somehow reproduce by osmosis, and also the Draenei -do not know- how to make their own spacecraft. Thats the Point. The Naaru designed and built them, and there are no Naaru on Azeroth now. How even -is- the Vindicaar?

Plus it really ain’t all that. It can descend into artillery range and fire a gun. Whoop de Do. I mean that went fantastically well for its sister ship at the start of the Argus patch. If it -could- fire from Orbit, then everyone on board the Vindicaar needs firing for criminal negligence. Why let the Legion shoot at your ship if you don’t have to? Maybe it can fire from Orbit, like the Draenei racial shows, but then it essentially is powerful enough to kill a few Kobolds. I don’t think the Horde need to worry about that any time soon…

1 Like

Or zap a few dragonhawks.

So first off, there was a Naaru inside the Exodar from their initial crash and until Legion. The Vindicaar was constructed over the course of years, so there was a Naaru on hand for the endeavour.

Even if there hadn’t been, the draenei have piloted, maintained and lived within Naaru vessels for millenia. I would be more surprised if at that point they didn’t know those designs by heart.

As for its power level, the guns are really the least powerful aspect of the bloody thing.

It can deploy teleports within seconds with no known limits to its range, instantly dropping in troops and siege weapons to gain ground. It is a moving base for warfare of unknown range and a shown presence during zone incursions in BFA.

1 Like

We need to send blood elves to take it down again, I was hoping the Red Death would volunteer.

She should have died at the end of ICC. Her revenge sated and able to rest now Arthas has met justice. Would have been interesting how the forsaken would have coped now their main purpose, to defeat the Lich King, was done and their leader gone.

5 Likes

that is

exactly what sylvanas’ plot is

To clarify: what they would do with both Arthas and Sylvanas gone.

Sure, there are level 1 mob ones in Eversong, Same point.

From what? The parts they had were the parts for the Exodar, which they repaired. Where did these extra parts come from?

Also -Why?- What was the point of making the Vindicaar? To fly to Argus? Like the Exodar wasn’t enough? I mean lets face it, you’d want as many soldiers as possible, as many boots, uh, hooves on the ground as you could get, so leave the Civilians at home, and take a flying -frickin’- City full of soldiers to take on Argus, rather than a flying village with a post office and zappy gun. I mean Velen is supposed to be able to see the future, right?

To be honest, I don’t know why Blizzard said they couldn’t, but hey ho. Mind you this said, that means jack shizzle, I could live in a camper van, drive it, doesn’t mean I know how to build it from scratch. I’d imagine some Draenei somewhere, Romuul maybe, would know, but where are the parts coming from?

Well…in that case the pilots are -really- careless then. I mean we see the fact that it does, in fact have a range. Every time it ports troops down to the surface they are a few hundred feet up or so, I mean you can see it just by looking out of the front window of the thing. It has a range.

Nah, there’s Demarcation, You want Sunfury’s for that kind of gig, I just do tacnukes, your actual sabotage and bringing the craft down with few survivors you want Sunfury bois and gals for.

You know, Aethas is sitting in the matrix core room or whatever it is during the whole end of that expansion. I’m sure he knows how to blow it up.

Hardly a weapon to use against the horde when they know everything about it basically!

“Every spare moment, every resource, has gone toward the birth of a new vessel.” - Velen.

That’s what we know, and it worked out remarkably well for them.

That, and spearheading the assualt on Antorus. You will recall that we use its teleportation beacons and fly around within the raid. It’s possible that the Exodar would have been too large for the purpose (and although few could have known it at the time, a larger ship would have killed us all when fleeing Sargeras.)

See the above.

Drive it, or similar vans, for 25.000 years give or take. I think you’d manage.

The Vindicaar does not linger in the sky when you visit it with Turalyon from Stormwind. The moment you arrive, you are quite firmly situated in space. It isn’t present in the Lightforged-guarded areas during BFA invasions either, though one could argue it might simply have moved on by then.

Why did Turalyon not use it to attack Sylvanas instead of letting Aleria almost die? :woozy_face:

Why do plot holes exist?

Personally, I think they should have either crashed or destroyed it. A crashed Vindicaar would still have made a fine base for the LF allied race.

The capabilities of the Vindicaar, even when downplayed to the fullest extent imaginable, surpass anything in the Horde arsenal. Something so simple as dropping it on Orgrimmar from space is an issue, because that would quite likely annihilate the nerve center of the war in a matter of seconds.

All for the price of a hundred tonnes of argunite and steel.

But it’s there. And functional. And for whatever reason, that is how the writers seem to want it.

The capability of being able to blow up some rocks?

Set course for Orgrimmar. Abandon ship. Watch the fireworks from afar with a cold drink.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284360431684812801/444478091885281294/z91sNX3-1.png

Ez. With the power of the mag’har on the side of the Horde the Alliance is too scared to deploy the Vindicaar. There’s the answer.

2 Likes

I feel like that’d be a netto loss for the ones losing a spaceship.

Orgrimmar is literally a canyon with some big walls and a bunch of huts in it, and the vindicaar isn’t exactly the definition of stealth.