[SPOILERS] The Fate of Sylvanas in BFA

Sounds like some beardy goat is telling porky pies, If Velen truly can see the future (a fact I am coming to doubt, given how Illidan seems to be immune to his prophecies by the sheer virtue of being a smug pr*ck) then he would have known not to have bothered fixing the Exodar, no rush doing that first, might as well just build the Vindicaar instead, as once done, you could just cannibalise it and -then- fix the Exodar. -If- you wanted to.

I am starting to wonder whether ‘Prophet’ is the right word for what Velen is. ‘High Stakes Gambler’ seems to be more apposite. I mean he would have had to have known, that Sargeras was being pulled back at exactly -that- point. Which means he would have had to have known that Illidan was going to stay, which means that he knew they would have that conversation, and its duration, which means he -knowingly- put the lives of everyone on the Vindicaar in jeopardy for no other reason than to put a funny dream he had into reality.

Or he didn’t know and has been feeding us kodocrap for years. I mean his track record on seeing the future is not exactly stellar, now is it?

Only if I had the parts? I couldn’t do it from Minus the number of parts I would need? (Actually given how metals and ore forms, I probably could actually, assuming I was prepared to sit around for eons and wait for the resources to naturally form)

That’s even worse! That means whoever flying it over Argus is a freaking maniac! “Oh no, we’re teleporting around on Azeroth where we are safe, best keep our distance and do this from range, not like on Argus where it was dangerous to get into artillery range of the Legion, I was just messing with y’all there for shiggles, we didn’t need to take anti air gunfire at all, it was a bit of a lark…”

A win for RPers though. We’d finally have this massive inconsistency out of our hands.

1 Like

I enjoy its current state of nonexistence with people pretending it’s some kinda orbital omega L4Z0R though

Pfft laser ships are for alliance losers.

Let me show you how the horde does it.

1. Sneak telemancy beacon into stormwind
  2. Teleport manabomb into stormwind
  3. Win

I still imagine the Draenei would comit the Vindicar to defend their isles from a Horde invasion, the Horde did annihilate their neighbor that were relatively far better defended, additionaly its one of a kind spaceship, it’d be an incredible blow to the Draenei as a whole should they lose it.

Sylvanas gets ripped to shreds by Greymane, her corpse hung from the remains of the Greymane Wall.

And the Gilneans can settle their Kingdom in peace for the first time in thirty years, this time united with the Alliance.

okay but how does sylvanas survive that since we know she doesn’t die

if you look up u’ll see it goin over ur head

Inb4 Sylvanas is made into the next Kerrigan.

The thought makes me feel queasy, if only because I’m almost certain this is what they’re going for now.

Yuck!

The point of Vindicaar was to save Blizzard from having to update Azuremyst Isle and the Exodar.

3 Likes

Whats up with the kerrigan2.0 thing?

some youtuber or something said it at some point and ever since people have been parroting it nonstop as if reusing the bone structure of a plot is automatically bad

Ooh so they dont even know the story?

We also know that the culprit behind the Burning of Teldrassil would be shocking, unexpected and not at all who we think it is.

Where’s Godfrey when you need him?

I wish I could say you were wrong, however I strongly suspect you are right.

I think it isn’t so much that a plot device being reused is bad, just that it can seem hamfisted if done blatantly, especially within your own franchise. See Sylvanas turning all Arthas in the Warbringers animation was doing it right. You saw it, you knew it, but it was never clumsily hammered home. Aszhara was done well, you started off rooting for her, she -was- trying to save her people, she did dumb things to do so, but with the best intentions, and ultimately, as N’zoth said, she just …‘Let go’…

Harder to stand gazing into the sun, and easier to turn around, and realise how dark and great and glorious your shadow is, That kinda thing.

It was shockingly bad that they chose Sylvanas.

He’s hunting Hagatha in the Witchwood.

Agreed, but if it had to be Sylvanas, the way Warbringers: showed it, was pure brilliance, narrative-wise. I could explain why I think so, but people no likey when I do lots of words thing. It was a narrative ‘Pump Fake’, It looked like it was going to be something else, but it was the same thing all along. “Look over there!” “Hah, should have been looking here, it was so obvious it couldn’t be true!”

Surely he can spare a few minutes to sneak up behind Sylvanas and pop her in the back of the head again.

As long as she stops being warchief, I couldn’t care less what happens to her. Just remove her from the Horde.

Ideally, she will be killed in a quest in 9.0, but knowing blizzard, that’s too much to ask for, so whatever.

1 Like