Still a Sylvanas Loyalist

Omg exactly this… Im just shocked by how ppl can have an opinion about something, without knowing any lore facts or what so ever. Prolly never even touched or seen a lore book to begin with. Just basing on their personal view of some in-game story telling. The only opinion that seems to fit this kinda little brain is that the light is “good” and death is “bad”. Smh.

Death and the genocide can be good or cool only in the eyes of Sylvanas loyalists…

1 Like

Well atleast you can kill him knowing that he is corrupted by an old god and there wasnt any cure for that back then xD Though in all honesty if that wouldve been Sylvanas I wouldve unsubbed and never set foot in that raid again either. Or game even.

1 Like

Perhaps you should do your own factions questline in Drustvar and pay attention. Death is part of the cycle according to this fat Human Druid. You know, your Allied Race, the fat Humans, who use death magic for druidism.

I hope you do have enough brainfunction to understand I was talking about Death as a force from the cosmology.

Not only did you come up with some assumption that doesnt relate to what Ive said, the assumption from your own narrative is even incorrrect and misplaced. I could give you an explanation and the right answer, but youd never be able to comprehend it anyway. I cba further elaborating on the matter and wont be responding to any of your future comments again.

I really do wonder

1 Like

Yeah death is part of the life cycle everywhere, just most normal people don’t feel good because of it anywhere not even in the fiction, but they have feelings of - loss, pain and sorrow instead from it. I hope that you have enough of brainfunction to understand that.

I haven’t come with an assumption, but with the fact which I have seen how Sylvanas fanboys take and portray the things which she is doing.

They should have added new Exquisite Sets; “Exquisite Costume Set: Sylvanas Windrunner” and “Exquisite Costume Set: Anduin Wrynn” I think the BFA was a perfect expansion to do so. Such a wasted opportunity, how sad.

1 Like

This is a good part of the lore about Sylvanas :

" Life is pain. Hope fails. It is all Sylvanas – the echo that remains of her – remembers. It is all that drives her. It is all that she is, and all that she will ever be .

And in the face of that, Delaryn doesn’t recoil in horror. She doesn’t lash out in anger. She cries – not for herself, not for her people, but for Sylvanas. Because she sees everything Sylvanas is, and she isn’t a figure to be feared…she’s an object of abject pity. She’s made life her enemy, in the absence of her own. She has no hope, and therefore seeks to extinguish it for everyone .

Sylvanas has faced down horrors the likes of which one can scarcely imagine. Her death was an agony she cannot forget, seared into her memory as plainly as her final tears of anguish are seared into her skin. She exists with the knowledge that should she cease to do so, should she move beyond, the only thing that waits for her is unending, eternal pain.

But she cannot bear the tears of one lone Night Elf, shed in sympathetic grief for the curse of her own existence. "

https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/08/06/know-lore-death-sylvanas-windrunner/

1 Like

This is indeed an interesting read, and I haven’t had time to read it thoroughly - but this isn’t lore, it’s a writers interpretation of the lore, no?

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but effectively it’s just someone’s (seemingly well considered) opinion?

Ultimately, I suppose only someone like Alex Afrasiabi would know how accurate a portrayal of Sylvanas and her motivations and so on it is.

Looking at this bit:
‘What, then, is Sylvanas’ ultimate goal in all of this? It may very well be peace – but not the kind of peace everyone else imagines when they say the word. No, it’s the kind of peace that exists in a world without conflict. Without feeling. Without life . It’s the cold, absent grasp of undeath – unyielding and unchanging. Neither alive nor dead, simply existing, purposeless and unfeeling in an absence of want, need, or desire.’

Awesome! If this is her aim, and I wonder if it may indeed be, then fantastic. I would 120% support Sylvanas in this goal.

Death to the Living, Power to the Forsaken - Our time will come :skull: :fist: :sunglasses:

(A murderous, unforgiving Forsaken rogue’s point of view, who is still loyal to Sylvanas of course) :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t know man. Bolvar seems to have some knowledge about Shadowlands through the helm of domination. He himself said in the DK campaign something like “Rest is for the living. The damned don’t have something like this”. So I don’t think that being undead is the best option. If it’s her motivation Sylvanas is more insane than I thought.

2 Likes

Only the forsaken would have the view like this and think how that’s good.

But for " Know your lore " parts on the Blizzardwatch is stated how its an actual canon lore and how its based on : the stories from the game, novels, manga and the comics :

https://blizzardwatch.com/category/know-your-lore

1 Like

Sounds to me like Afrasiabi just copy pasted the plot from Equilibrium.

1 Like

Exactly! Well only some Forsaken too I guess, and definitely not a pro-Horde point of view!

And with the lore bit, I gathered Blizzwatch is using proper lore, but it seemed like the author was inferring a bit. But like I say, they could be bang on with it.

Need to read more of it actually, it seems like a really good site :smiley:

1 Like

My guess is that Sylvanas wants to ‘free us all’ (or perhaps mainly herself) of the usual life/death system.

She span out when she ‘died’ at how awful it was, and I think she wants to somehow move beyond it all? Hence her desire to master death :man_shrugging:

Well I suppose, if this is what he does intend for Sylvanas to do?

Sylvanas seem to me like a character which would do anything just so that she wouldn’t die herself again and return to the death realm at which she ended once the Arthas was killed back in Wotlk where only the pain awaits her as its stated in the text I posted before, this is the reason why she even made a deal with the val’kyr to be brought back to life at that point which was shown in the Edge of Night novel :

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sylvanas_Windrunner

1 Like

How I said we don’t know anything yet, but Sylvanas seems get empowered by this realm, just like her partner “the Jailor”

1 Like

I like that you said partner , cause people still say master, when its confirmed they have common goals and a partnership, no master

1 Like

What sucks here is that most of her empowering is not portrayed properly in the game. I mean for Arthas we saw everything in the games, his entire path how he did grow as a character from a paladin to a LK, and how he acquired his power. For her a lot of that is left out from the game which is a bad way how to handle those things, which frustrate a lot of people.

1 Like

She’s far too sasstastic to be ordered around by some ‘master’!

1 Like

Sylvanas would never do it again, not after Arthas, never ever :sweat_smile:

1 Like