Still Can't Post In General and Question About Battle Pets

It’s what the title says. I still can’t post in General Discussions for whatever reason? I asked a GM why this was, and all of them completely ignored the question. So as a result, I have to ask elsewhere.

As for the question about Battle Pets, I was wondering where I can find the Battle Pet vendors? I sorta struggle with Battle Pets in BFA even using Level 1 pets, and because I can’t get enough pets with the right amount of effective moves vs my opponent, I’m hitting walls quite a lot. Does anyone know where I can track down every individual vendor through a map or something somewhere? (Search engines don’t give me any answers)

Edit:
Ah, you know what, screw it. I give up. This game not only has some of the worst game design I’ve ever seen, it also has one of the most toxic communities I’ve ever seen.

Not sure why you commented it was a toxic community when there were no replies …
Anyway, logging out & logging back in to the forums has helped a lot of people recently. There’s also info here https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/18575

The pet battle forum might have useful info or help if you sort out your posting in other forums ( https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/gameplay/pet-battles); this might help with your search for pets in BFA - https://www.wowhead.com/guides/collectable-pets-and-pet-items-in-battle-for-azeroth There are quite a few useful pets that can be obtained when soloing old raids too and https://www.warcraftpets.com/ is my personal go-to site when looking for info about pets.

2 Likes

The first thing is, you level battle pets like you level yourself, so like players, a level 1 against a level 25 is a bad idea, so is buying a level 25 from the AH. You can only learn a pet with the same level as one you already have.

There are no shortcuts, personally I think you should get some rare pets, then level them starting in orgrimmar then durotar and go up the levels one by one. Each 5 or so levels means moving to a new zone.

Also battle pets questions are posted in the battle pets section.

2 Likes

Another thing when you battle pets to lvl then up and capture them is to notice the colour around the frame of the pet.

Grey (it works),
White (good),
Green (better),
Blue (best).

If you have a grey lvl 5 that battles a blue lvl 5, then there’s a huge chance for the blue to win the battle.

1 Like

Thats part of the story.

The quality of a pet can be changed with battle stones. What cant be changed is the pets breed.
For example some pets are tanky - for those P/P or H/H are good (or a combination of the 2).
Other pets rely on speed - hence S/S is the best there, flying pets being a good example with attacks like Alpha Strike that hit one more turn if the pet goes first.
You will need to install a pet addon for that - pretty much everyone uses BattlePetBreedID from Curse.

1 Like

Greetings Lyycuss,
It seems you are going to do your first steps into PB’s. As a beginner it won’t be so easy but in time i hope you will find them more enjoyable

1. Learn basics of pet battles
  2. Start powerleveling pets to lvl 25, because your pet roster is very limited
    Check the links other users posted, they are rly helpful

Here is a pet list from Grainnie and his suggestions to another new battler from another thread

"For a beginner’s first team:

I’d go with Anubisath Idol, no question. Complete no-brainer.

My second pick would be Chrominius.

These first two pets are tanky all-rounders you can rely on to hammer at any opponent.

My third would be a really tough choice between Teroclaw Hatchling, Iron Starlette, and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling.
That third slot is more interesting. They’re all first-rate pets in their different fields.
_ For a more experienced battler, I’d rank the Teroclaw higher; the other two are more straightforward to use._

A critical factor would be the rarity of Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. You want a Blue MPD.

_I’ve actually been working on a suggested list of early pets to aim for as a new battler. _
It’s NOT finished, but here are the current priority sections as I have them at the moment:

Priority 1
Anubisath Idol
Chrominius
Clockwork Gnome
Darkmoon Zeppelin
Emerald Proto-Whelp P/P
Emperor Crab P/P
Ikky
Iron Starlette H/H, P/P, P/S
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Nexus Whelpling P/P
Rabbit / Spring Rabbit / any 357-speed rabbit S/S
Unborn Val’kyr
Zandalari Anklerender / Kneebiter / Footslasher P/P, S/S, P/B

Priority 2
Darkmoon Tonk
Fel Flame H/H, H/S
Feline Familiar
Gilnean Raven/Crow
Grumpy
Hyjal Wisp
Infected Squirrel H/P
Kun-Lai Runt P/P, P/B
Leopard Tree Frog S/S
Mechanical Axebeak P/P, H/P
Mudshell Conch / Shimmershell Snail H/P
Nether Faerie Dragon S/S
Scourged Whelpling H/H
Stitched Pup
Teroclaw Hatchling
Yellow Moth P/P

This thread has a longer list of suggestions and opinions.
_https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16391

1 Like

You have a Level 25 Shadow, so I assume you read around enough to learn about the skip to level 25 you can get from a Garrison?

Anyhow, if you have one Level 25 pet, you can learn other Level 25 pets that you buy in cages.

While there are some vendors, the best buyable pets drop in various places and can be caged by players and sold to other players, so if you want to buy pets, the best place to look is the Auction House.

You could go to the AH right now and buy as many pets as you want - BUT BE INFORMED ABOUT WHAT YOU BUY. Two things:

1. Pet breeds matter, and I think you probably don’t even know what a breed is yet. Install the addon https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/battle_pet_breedid and look at the breeds it displays and look at recommended breeds for that pets. Some pets are pretty useless for battling when you have the wrong breed.
  2. Pet prices on the Auction House are entirely irrational. The same pet might be listed for 500 gold one day, and 19,000 the next. Know what prices are good and what are too expensive. Look up prices on theunderminejournal.com

You are trying to do the BfA World Quests? You have kind of jumped ahead. Pet battling is best experienced by learning your stuff from the ground up. You can start with BfA World Quests, but I completely understand how someone trying that would get frustrated. You are dropped in with no background and no understanding.

If you just want a cheat-sheet to get you through nearly all BfA World Quests, without having to learn or understand anything, put your hand in your pocket, go to the Auction House, buy and learn

a) 3 Level 25 Blue-quality Ikky
b) 3 Level 25 Blue-quality Stormborne Whelpling
c) 3 Level 25 Blue-quality Iron Starlette with breeds P/P, H/H, P/S

Those pets will smash though nearly every BfA World Quest easily.

Use Ikky like this: Black Claw->Flock->Savage Talon

Use Stormborne Whelpling like: Arcane Storm->Mana Surge(lasts 3 rounds)->Tail Sweep

Use Iron Starlette like: Wind Up->Supercharge->Wind-Up->Wind Up->Powerball->Supercharge->Wind-Up

There will be some variations depending on the conditions, but that’s the basic formula.

Every battle in BfA can be done with those three pets. Most can be done using three of the same, though which to use depends on the battle. Some will need a combination. A couple of battles may not work first time because of RNG, but will work most of the time.

So if you just want an answer, that’s it. It’s not very satisfying, though, and doesn’t develop your roster for more varied and challenging battles like the great Celestial Tournament.

If you actually want to get into pet battling and collecting, that is a process that will take months of learning, taming, collecting, refining, and doing achievements.

You should start by continuing your Taming achievements. I see you started Taming Kalimdor but stopped after the first two, Zunta and Dagra, and never went on to Analynn.

You do Taming Kalimdor, then Taming Ourland, Taming Northrend, Taming Cata, Taming Pandaria in order. By the time you have finished Taming Pandaria, if you have done it naturally, you will have built up understanding and a roster that will help you face anything. Sadly, most people coming up now seem to have learned only how to look up pre-made answers on Xu-Fu’s or Wowhead. :frowning:

As you do those Taming achievements, you should also be working on your Safari achievements - capturing pets in every continent.

Of all communities in this game, pet battlers are the friendliest and most helpful, so if you want to know, just ask! I’m sure you started off frustrated here because you couldn’t post, but don’t let that spoil your approach.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.