Stop boosters!

Agreed but those ppl just don’t have a sense of measure so they will keep on spamming to stay visible like it is now.

1 Like

I can’t see Blizzard giving them anything in LFR/LFD because that would make it seem like they supported those transactions, and they don’t. It’s totally the players risk.

I think they were right to move them out of the LFD system, it was becoming hard to find genuine groups to pug with.

1 Like

By this I mean giving them their own tab, it would list their services like you see when you’re guildless and you go looking for guilds using the guild finder.

1 Like

dudes its an easy fix on blizzards side. add “services” tab to lfr and 4th or 5th channel also called services. You could join this channel whenever you’re looking for a boost or leave it if you dont want to see that immense spam.

/edit
Oh someone already had the same idea. I didnt bother to read entire thread sorry:P

2 Likes

A channel for it would be good but it would need policing. From what I’ve seen today there are guilds set up with the sole purpose of selling boosts, it’s even in the name. These have 3 or 4 chars endlessly spamming boost offers, likely so they don’t get flagged by the spam filters. It’s much the same as olden days when trade was filled with gold spammers but at least those tended to be lvl1 so could be killed with a few well placed snowballs.

Imagine if colleges around the world decided it’s in their monetary interest to allow people to buy/sell degree diplomas - and everyone should agree it’s perfectly fine because, well, THEY SAID IT IS!

Suuure you can have a different opinion about it, but nobody really cares!
If you do not like it /leave WORLD.

(Oh and we will spam you every day all day long about buying/selling it in public places, EXCEPT the very college campus, because that’s just not cool).

A lot of the boosting services employ promoters who get a cut of the takings (in game currency) for all the spots they book. Some guilds fund their players and guild banks via boosts and will.

I don’t think Blizzard will give boosters their own channels but the boosters themselves could set one up.

Thats the case with the ‘real money’ boosters.

Most of us complain about the spam in the actuall trade chat that is ment for trading items, mats and what not. Thats what people are annoyed about and thats why people want a different channel.

LFD, these boosters dont get removed fro mthe searc.

Boosters offering services for real money can be reported. The bulk of the ads I’ve seen are for in game currency, that is not to say the other kind of boosters don’t exist.

The LFD isn’t policed, the players have to report the culprits and they are removed and receive a punishment for using it. I vaguely remember another poster said they got silenced but I don’t know if that is true or not.

We are talking about in game currecny boosting. Not real life money boosting. I know that has been treated for the most part.

Trade channells among servers get spammed, and LFD is full of these ‘lists’ of WTS, but theyr not actively trying to find a mythic while I am trying to find active mythic dungeans to do. Theyr taking up spots in the finder.

All of this coincides with using chats and finders for what they are ment to be tbh.

If Classic LFG gfets banned, tradechat should be purified from these boosters and given back to people whom actually sell mats and gear and what not :smiley:

1 Like

Fair enough.

Report the people listing their sell groups in LFD. The only people who can get rid of them out of the group finder is the players. Blizz will act on the reports.

There is a vast difference between Classic removing the Classic LFG addon because they feel it breaks the social interaction required to form groups like they did in Vanilla. We also don’t know to what extend it has been broken and whether any functionality remains. I never tried the addon but until the servers are up tonight it’s not like anyone can test it either.

However boosting in Retail is not against the rules (boosting in Classic is not against the rules either tbf). They are offereing a trade, their time for your gold. You are essentially hiring a team of players to drag you through whatever content it is. Although you feel it should be a place for people to sell their mats and gear, there is no such stipulation.

2 Likes

I didnt say it was against the rules.

I said, You need to offer these people adifferent ways to offer theyr servers rather then filling slots in the finders and spamming chat.

Like half my BiS were raid items in the last few tiers wdym

Violetta thank you for the great tips!

I have always wondered about those people selling boosts. You can buy them with gold on the TC, gold can be made into a WoW token and they, in turn, can be transmorphed into blizzard currency ‘real money’. Aren’t they making money of another company’s game in that case, thus rendering it illegal? I have also noticed adds on websites that sell boosts for real money, is this supposed to be legal too then?

1 Like

to buy boost you need gold, and if you need easy gold, you buy it from Blizz through tokens. So its profitable for blizz, for that reason they will not block adds for boost.

1 Like

If its real money reportband blizz can shut them down. But for ingame gold has been allowed since game excisted. So token isnt why they allow it.

I am one of Those who buy a raid spot. I often just want the Mount or to see/try the instance with a good group.

Its my gold and i see nothing wrong with spendinh it how i wish

2 Likes

/join Trade

/t WTS M+BOD TEP HC boost you can be afk, last spot /w me for more info

Meanwhile, you put in no efford into actually learning mechanics, or the game itself…

You must ffeel proud, right?

At least i nDestiny 2 there’s sherpa’s that teach you ‘raids’ instead of selling a carry for gold.

Considering the demand for boosting there are clearly " many, many people" that do want it. What makes your opinion and wants more important than theirs considering they pay for it as well?