Stop boosters!

Just be happy there isnt any lootboxses …yet :open_mouth:

1 Like

You are either very young or not very experienced when it comes to business. This person is obviously a shill.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization. Shills can carry out their operations in the areas of media, journalism, marketing, politics, confidence games, or other business areas. A shill may also act to discredit opponents or critics of the person or organization in which they have a vested interest through character assassination or other means.

You are obviously not very experinced when it comes to online debating and prefer to pour a lot of nothing into a debate, rather than call it even in opinion…

Don’t worry, in time you’ll learn when you can’t come any further and pull yourself

No need to get triggered Moothilda, I’m not here to troll you :slight_smile:

Sure, I belive you

You’re not the first shill I’ve encountered, not to mention that I used to be a community manager myself so I know very well what I’m talking about.

Now let us not derail this thread and stay on the subject. Like I said:

You are not the first nor you will be the last to wrongly call me a shill. Sadly anyone who enjoys the game or points out any facts is labelled a shill.

A shill is someone who falsely promotes. Bit hard to do that when I’m an actual paying customer with an opinion like anyone else. There are aspects I like and others I dislike.

Like I stated, I’m indifferent to boosting. It makes no difference to me if people pay others to boost them through content.

2 Likes

If you were indeed indifferent and not a shill you wouldn’t be here every day wasting your time running in circles instantly replying i.e. denouncing mine and other people’s anti-boosting arguments.

If people reply to me I reply to them. It’s just polite.

With the addition of being able to buy tokens Blizz have blurred the line between in-game gold and actual RL currency. The gold these boosters are collecting has a RL monetary value as it can be used to pay for gametime. To sit back and trot out the excuse of it not being real money so it’s allowed is just nonsense. That may have been the case a few years ago but it just doesn’t wash now.

I keep misreading shill as shrill and thinking all our MVPs must have really high pitched voices. Their posts have been noted over time as helpful so they get a nice ‘orcish’ colour to type in so it stands out. That’s it, nothing more to it.

1 Like

I’ve disagreed with Punyelf before but I can definitely tell you that she isn’t a shill. She has publicly disagreed on these forums with various choices that Blizzard have made, you only have to go looking at her other posts on this forum to see this.

Your previous life as a Community Manager is no card for you to wave to shut down other players because they have an opinion, you only push people further away from your reasoning by doing this.

1 Like

I think it’s the green text colour that sets people off :laughing: I’m all for having pink!!! I like that though, Orcish Green!!!

The gold token is a double edged sword. Whilst it cleaned up account fraud and allowed people to play for free it also makes it very easy to get the gold to pay for boosts and various other things ofc. I’m not suggesting that people who buy tokens only spend them on boosts. It has also meant people can earn gold in game, convert it to balance and buy store items and services.

A community manager would know we aren’t shills :wink:

1 Like

It’s easy to be a shill on a gaming forum where majority of members are kids and adolescent nerds with no real life experience :wink:

If you feel better wrongly labelling me something I’m not then that’s on you. I was very aware of the irrational dislike MVPs get from some on the forums before I accepted the position.

shill

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

noun

1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
    “I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club”

verb

1. act or work as a shill.
    “your husband in the crowd could shill for you”

I do not fit the meaning of the word.

I am a paying customer since TBC (with breaks at times), I play the game like anyone else, I have likes and dislikes. I am not tricking, swindling, encouraging, enticing or encouraging anyone to do anything.

Right, like the time limited numbers of actual chat lines you can produce, not even a normal convo is possible anymore on /1. general chat, Do we really have to bend towards boosters, goldsellers etc all the time? Constantly making the good suffer under the bads?

Not even normal social speech is possible anymore as i experienced on general chat today when i broke the silence there in Vol’dun.

They really have to start coming up with some ideas with which they don’t harm the good ones.

1 Like

Because some written posts on an internet forum has suddenly given you full insight into other people’s lives? :man_shrugging:

It’s a shame we can’t persuade those who boost to set up a booster channel. Then anyone looking for boost could join that.

1 Like

they could even create community channels for it, would be a blessing to get trade back the way it was once intended for. But they keep on throwing in their own glasses and those of the good ones!

2 Likes

With an occasional ad in general or trade to make people aware. But not at the volume we currently see their ads!

1 Like

Or even an area in the LFG tool where adverts can remain without the constant need to spam them.

1 Like