Stuck in loading screens

I am just DCing every 2 out of 3 times I try to log in any character now.
Silverm,oon realm, by the way.

1 Like

Same, Iā€™m having to try to log in a minimum of 3-4 times before finally getting in. And then if I need to load to another zone I almost always have to quit the game and reopen. It seems like itā€™s worse as more people are awake and playing.

1 Like

Same problem here, living in norway. Really annoying as there was no problem before.

1 Like

This is quite a big issue for me now, i just had to restart the game 10+ times just to get to the zaralak caverns, i found that having two games of WOW launched at the same time saves me time with relaunching as i can just switch game and relog instead, but this has become such a big problem now that it is starting to make the game unplayable for me. Hope they atleast can give us a update on the problem or atleast tell as they working on it.

So after being frustrated with this for a bit i tried a VPN, just as a last cause, so i VPNed from Norway to Sweden, increased about 10MS only, but itā€™s playable again for me, no disconnects, no loading screen stuck, no missing characters on login.

Might be a temporary fix for some

1 Like

just out of curiosity, is this only a Norway thing? see alot of norwegians here

Thatā€™s very interesting actually, Iā€™m from Norway as well.

Might actually be. Iā€™m norwegian too. Having a Altibox/Eidsiva provider.
I swapped over to shared 5G through my phone yesterday, and didnā€™t have any issues. Played for several hours.

TIP: NordVPN has a Black Friday sale on their products if VPN solved it. HEHE.

yeah prob have to get that. Funny how you have to pay for vpn to play a game u also pay to play. I also have Altiboxā€¦

From Norway as well, also use Altibox :laughing: Looks more and more like this is a Norwegian and Altibox issue.

2 Likes

I am also from Norway, but i have Telia, same issues. I also use cabled fiber from Telia

I am from Norway aswell, I have Altibox but from Haugaland Kraft.

I have had the same issue atleast from patch day and onwards.

It is getting very annoying, I constantly have to alt f4 when I land in new zones on flight paths and so forthā€¦

How did this suddenly become the ā€œAll the Norwegians get togetherā€-thread? xD

5 Likes

Oh so it is not just Altibox then. Strange that this only seem to be a Norwegian problem. And other then to by a VPN service how can this even get this fixed? Is it something in the packeching/data that is beeing sent from or to the WOW servers from/to Norway that are beeing blocked or not responding the way it should?
Might be something blizz should check out?

@blizzard help the oilers right now!

2 Likes

Norway and Telia as well. Is there some port that needs to be forwarded or what? My PC is liquid-cooled with oil, and this is is ruining my gaming experience.

1 Like

Norway too on Altibox/Lyse

Talked with both Telia and Altibox, so the problem seems to be on blizzards side, they would send in and check if it could be on our side, but they were 99% sure this is not related to anything our internet.

5 Likes

What! Thats cool, but how did that conversation go? ā€œHi, um, me and alot of other are playing World of Warcraft, we canā€™t play.ā€ Youā€™re a braver man than me man. props.

2 Likes

They asked what problem i had, i explained and said that a bunch more players in Norway is having the same issues, that got a laugh from both of the people i talked with. So basicly yea the conversation went like that :stuck_out_tongue:
My knowledge on how everything works is minimal, but from the information i gave them both Telia and Altibox came to the same conclusion.

4 Likes