Stuck on "retrieving character list"

The same issue stuck on retrieving characters around 80% on the progress bar …

Same here. Have been going for 19-20 hours now… Ran an examine & repair, deleted Cache, WTF and Interface to no avail. Client for Mac (macOS Sonoma and M3Pro) so doesn’t seem to be OS related since a majority is on Windows.

Any news/updates yet. Becoming tiresome now waiting for this fix.

Same problem. I can’t login the game for more than 24 hours :expressionless:

Same issue. Tried all of these helpful info in bug answer, but no solution found) wow-detox as I feel :s

Hello there! the same issue happened exactly how u described it, especially the emerald dream part :laughing: . I’m also stuck on retrieving character list with blue loading bar stuck at 85%ish. Yesterday when I got disconnected I got the error 51900319 and then kept on getting it. Have tried all the steps u guys have tried, also contacted support and got the same answer as you all lol.
Just wanted to add that when I log in to US servers everything works perfectly fine, it’s on EU server on my end. I truly hope this gets fixed soon :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hope they compensate days of waiting while the sub is ticking

Really annoying, hopefully it’s sorted soon; at least some more information about what’s happened or an ETA on the fix.

I would guess something about the hotfix they released yesterday is buggy.

Yeah, I think the disconnects coincided with the hotfix deployment.

3 Likes

It seems like an insidious little bug too, like it hasn’t happened to everyone and seems to be spreading to more. Very strange.

2 Likes

The radio silence outside of this thread is the bit that irks me. People will just submit a ticket and be gaslit into thinking they need to reinstall/delete/rebuild their network. A battle.net announcment or blue post would be helpful.

5 Likes

I know … secretly praying Liquid max gets his character list stuck in the deepest parts of the bnet servers so i can finally do my m0’s and prep my char for raid.

Hey
Same problem. Can’t login. I did everything possible, but with no luck :frowning:
Also when I want to do Character unstuck on website i see only toons from WoW Classic.

1 Like

Yes, this exactly.

same, also reinstalled WoW and tried to login with another Battlenet Account and got an error BLZ51914400. So it may be a server issue but not a sole login issue

1 Like

I’m having the same issues. Got stuck in a delve last night, couldn’t hearth or teleport out. Logged off and now I’m stuck at retrieving characters. Of course it happens on a friday!

That’s Interesting US doesn’t work for me aswell as EU

Some common issues:

• first glitch often arise after entering/exiting a zone or in an instance. Sometimes interface and character is stuck before the player force quit.
  • Happened to a lot of people during an unscheduled hotfix. While some were able to get going normally after the hotfix, others got an error message about character with the same name already existing and were unable to log back in the game and are stuck with a loading characters screen and a progress bar locked at 75-80%
  • does not happen in Classic or Cataclysm versions of WoW
  • happens both on Windows and macOS
  • following usual trouble shooting does not resolve the issue (deleting Interface, cache and WTF, reinstalling game, checking VPN, firewall or DNS)
  • happens even when changing connexion or computer.

Conclusion: it appears to be a server-side issue, linked to possibly corrupted War Within characters on servers…

It would be nice if it happened to a big streamer because then Blizzard would probably just fix it.

Has anybody with these issues had any luck yet?

2 Likes

Still not working…