Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

I think they should give people an option to unlock pathfinder by using in-game gold. Prices should differ expansion to expansion and for BfA it should’ve been around 2 millions of gold or 1.5 maybe. So people will have another option.

I unlocked pathfinder in 12 days btw.

I too prefer pathfinder as opposed to 500.000 or 2.000.000 (:face_vomiting:) gold.

I couldn’t afford it at all.

1 Like

The dumbest thing is to gain rep. for flying you need to level up some NPC follower

Yeah… and it is daily. Emmisaries are available for 3 days, this stuff on nazja and mechagon is a daily spawn. You just ‘lose’ it when you can not do it on a day. Daily repetitive solo-content for something big like flying sigh Why was it so hard to make a nice storyline of 1 or 2 hours when this update hitted.

I’m completely fine with earning flying, it’s just that to grind rep you do world quests over and over. They should make getting Rep like Netherwing.

tbh this is not legion nor wod, those numbers might have worked during those expansions, but in bfa the gold gain is way lower and it would probably stay near the 100k or lower, it would be stupid to put it higher then that.

1 Like

Good evening everyone. I must say that pathfinder is the most idiotic thing blizzard could have ever put in to the game… i mean this game is played from under aged children to who knows how old people. As for me I am dad and I don’t have the time to unlock flying through pathfinder. Can this be fixed please by 10k gold per rep or anything. And don’t worry pathfinder part 1 is OK but part 2 sucks big time. I might quit if this isn’t fixed soon.
Have a great summer

The follower is OP.

If I have my dps meter running my follower is currently contributing about 20% of all damage I deal, and as a tank that pulls big and aoes, that’s hardly neglible. Not to mention AOE stun trap.

Yeah it’s an annoying gimmick but the followers here at least speed you up massively once they level up a bit. I essentially insta delete non elites and elites don’t take me long to kill either. I’d much rather have him than not, even if he’s a chatty SOB.

Poen: When the ocean returns the tears of all those that have suffered will be washed away.

Me: Go home.

Time investment in an MMO to earn something, how dare they. If you havn’t got flying by now you shouldn’t be playing MMOs. Everything is repetitive is all MMOs, dailies, reps, dungeons, raids everything WoW.

It has been like that since Vanilla. Too many call of duty players in MMos these days wanting instant gratification or MTX buy to win.

Flying should be available for 15,000 gold the moment your first char dings 120, with no quests, no rep, no nothing else required.

There’s “working” for something, through a series of entertaining game story chapters or quests to get something, or being careful with your gold as you level to make sure you’ve got enough when you reach the point you get to buy flying, and then there’s being utterly ripped off by the publisher and being expected to do mind-numbingly boring things you do not want to do because they are completely intolerably bad, which is what’s happening with several things in this game lately including Pathfinder.

Can you imagine someone during Mists of Pandaria posting on the forums, and saying:-

“Blizzard, please increase the cost of flying from 2,500 gold to 1 million gold, which is an increase of 40,000%”.

And can you imagine the response? Nobody would want that. Yet that’s what people are asking for as an alternative to this tedious crap rep grind. That just shows you how absolutely awful Pathfinder is. Pathfinder is terribad.

6 Likes

It’s funny how every time someone said they dislike endless grinding.
Or question the sanity behind gated abilities. There is always those who claim its doable in 2 weeks with little effort.

Stop, please just stop. yes if you play endlessly for +6 hours every day and you have scrolls/contracts + bonuses, then maybe, maybe its doable.

its never “just 2 weeks”

4 Likes

Pathfinder is hilariously bad design, I wholeheartedly agree.
It’s made for social welfare-clients and teenage basement-dwellers with nothing other to do than spend their pathetic life playing WoW all day, every day. Make another achievement for these people, but let us all be able to fly.

The saddest part about that fact is that EVERY player love to get on their flying mount and traverse the skies. We all have long lists of cool flying mounts we earned from difficult achievements, saving up a ton of gold. etc. and we suddenly can’t use them anymore because of some pointless , repetetive grind.
Some leading game-designer certainly needs to get fired.

3 Likes

I completely get this, it’s like they’re just adding this in to give people something to do, but I’d like that focus to go elsewhere.
It’s not really optional and it just seems like they’re adding gating for anything we previously just got in other expansions.

I’ll still do the pathfinder content, but I’d really like it if they put something else it its place.
I don’t think you’re on your own with disliking pathfinder.

1 Like

I can’t understand People who protect these garbage pointless time gated grinds. Another reason why wotlk was the peak.

7 Likes

but you could argue that all the dailies and TOTC were pointless time gated grinds too.

First of all those daily quests were optional and not forced like pathfinder and their rewards were mostly cosmetics and at the time it had great unique stuff for doing 20 mins of dailies. Hordes could get a god damn dragonhawk my man from there.

IT also had several title rewards and they weren’t time gated.

3 Likes

The beginning of the end WoTLK!

Then ill present the full case for why time gated goals are good.

Its an RPG. Nothing worth having IRL comes easily, you have to work for it.

The existence of the wow token was controversial, but as it does exist it devalues gold massively so using a resource that is easy to aquire to give your character an advantage like that, would that be more fair somehow?

Here’s what I dont get; Blizzard explicitly stated you would get flying in the exact same way as was used in legion. So players have had since the games release to get most of the achievements. Why are people NOW whining that they have to do work when they knew the deal, like what? A year ago?

You missed the countless topics of “give flying now”. And we have/had to do the reputation daily grind NOW for it.