Sub cancelled - will come back when flying does at max level for gold

Like many things in the game, it’s a case of priority.

I want that mechagon essence? I have to make doing my galvanic each day a priority, else I’ll never get it.

I want my rio score? I have to make running mythic a priority.

You want flying? Rep priority.

Yes, for the time spent grinding you find less time for other stuff, until the grind is done that is. This is generally how the game has always worked. Unless you have waaaaay more time to play than anyone else, it’s never been possible to find time to max out all content types (mythic, pvp, raiding, achis) simultaneously. You set a shirt term goal, achieve it, and move onto the next.

Yes, making flying PF has added flying to that list. Do I agree with this? It’s largely irrelevant as it is the case. The reqs to unlock flying unlock other pve Content (essences) so it’s hardly just an isolated thing on its own. There are other benefits to doing so.

You have to determine how to prioritise your playtime. I don’t have a lot of playtime myself. Maybe 1-2 hrs most weekdays and one weekend day, so in all probability it averages about 10-12 hrs a week. That said I managed to get flying within 15 days of 8.2 hitting, because I made it my priority. Now everything else I do is much quicker, so I have more time to do what I want, and spend tiny amounts of time on “chores” like emissaries.

Did those 2 weeks kinda suck? You bet. But they’re done now, I’m exalted with both so I only do pearl and azerite quests in naz, and the world quest in mecha. Takes me maybe 20 minutes to do both. Its like those rep grinds in older expos. If you wanted the reward, you put in the time and the reprieve was when it was done, it was done.

Flying was once “free” sure, but I don’t personally see the issue with how it is. The stuff required to unlock it is current content which works towards gearing rewards etc. Are we honestly to believe that if pathfinder wasnt tied to naz and mecha, nobody would be doing anything towards building rep in those zones? I don’t believe this. Way I see it flying is an added extra for simply working the new zones. I prefer that to gold being spent on it (on each char) when I was going to do the content anyway.

And let’s remember given gold inflation flying would not be 5k quests give 20g each in bfa, plus selling drops etc, each character could easily accrue about 20k levelling from 110-120 without trying, and flying always tended to be set at “however much gold you’re likely to have if you don’t spend too much of it levelling up”.

I’d rather have freedom to spend my gold how I want, on stuff I want. I don’t have endless reserves of it, and those that do, well, it seems odd to me that they complain, because either they spend countless hours farming gold (but 1 hr of rep farming a day is too much) or they benefitted from the Wod hyperinflation period. I don’t see why players who benefitted from that should have an advantage compared to others. I wasn’t active In wod so I never had the opportunity to make stupid money as many did.

in the current model, both me and rich wod era player have equal means to get flying at similar cost to us both. Under a monetary model (bumping flying up to a still modest in my mind in terms of inflation, 20k) they have an advantage wherein they can just buy it outright on multiple chars and have tons spare , and I can only buy it on 3-4 and bankrupt myself. They should not be rewarded in terms of current content for benefitting from content two expos ago, especially when their complaints boil down wanting to avoid the current content in favour of this, its absurd. Its akin to suggesting that your work in prior expos should carry over into later expos and give you the rewards thusly. How about no.

2 Likes

I think that Blizzard believe that it benefits them forcing players to take much longer time doing things, but i think its the exact opposite, it hurts blizzard, because they loose their paying customers, and recently put alot more mounts in the shop in shorter amount of time than before ‘less players to pay subs i guess?’

The price to fly was never 4000-5000g that was only the option to upgrade your speed while flying

The burning crusade flying cost 250 gold
To renew flying it cost…
Wrath of the lich king ‘cold weather flying at level 77’ was 1000 gold
Cataclysm was 250 gold
Mist of Pandaria was 2500 gold

So if it had followed the inflation i think that the 2500g for pandaria probably was very close to 250g in TBC

Because of WoD gold missions i assume ‘by looking at how much gold i had in pandaria compared to WoD’ that it would be 10000 gold ‘but only because of gold missions’

Legion Gold missions increased my gold gain from gold missions/alt by about 7 times from WoD, so flying would be 70000 gold in legion if it followed the inflation, and also only because of goldmissions

BfA do not have that kind of gold as in WoD or Legion, so i would assume it would be more like using the cost from pandaria that was 2500 and multiply that with 10 for BfA 2500->25000, just like from TBC to Pandaria was 10 times as much to buy flying 250->2500

I think that gives a more accurate picture of what the inflation is now without ‘goldmissions’ cant really say that the 150 gold missions that we have now can be compared to WoD or Legion as goldmissions

The 5000 gold was only for upgrading speed, and we have not got any faster speed to buy for many years.

@Trewl if you are reading this thread, do you still think flying had nothing to do with sublosses ? there have been tons of flying threads ever since blizzard ‘removed’ it, even now, and this at a time were there are less players to complain about it

Well every other mmo on the market right now has gold charged teleports or reasonably accessable flying.
I you could say “but none of those compare to wow”, but… Yo I like wow too, but ffxiv is catching up reeeal fast these days when counting subs.

Eso going strong as well. Not as good though.

I personally dont belive that they want flying gone because of “muh map designs”, all maps look the same if you take the biome out. Big maze of hazards incased in mountains and cliffs which only has one way to get trough.

I think that back in before wod, they wanted to remake flying and monetize it. When they saw the huge backlash it got, i think they came up with this deliberatly teoublesome and community dividing “compromise” to wear us out, slowly, until they can come in and offer a “solution” by monetizing it down the line as a “player choice”.

This might not be the case, but it might! Think about it, and remember it.

2 Likes

Eh, I personally hate the fact we have to do A. b. C. D. E. Etc etc.

But in honesty I don’t even miss it I haven’t had flying since WoD and I don’t feel at any particular disadvantage. :hugs:

I find more action just cruising around on one of my ground mounts anywho. PvP mode helps!

I assume we haven’t seen the OP since the end of June then?

Just like to keep tabs on people who issue “I’m quitting unless/until” ultimatums :slight_smile:

Bro 98 hours minimum play times is not few hours . That’s four days playing without sleep non stop to get to revered .

If you didn’t notice quest gives you about 80 rep or something like that , and you have to polish two factions .

Terrains are badly designed , quests are badly designed, allot of trash mobs with high damaging abilities that slows you down .

I told before and I’m saying right now. That Morton Ion Hazzikostas

2 Likes

having flying and never going to do anything more than 4 world quests per day

so not quite sure for what I have flying now that I don’t need it anymore.
beginning of the expac and for lvling you need flying and for each new patch for about 2 weeks.
pathfinder is garbage

2 Likes

You don’t have to assume anything, you could simply check, and since you are so curious, he last posted on July 3. So what do you know, the man did follow through.

You guys seriously need to get a grip. Pathfinder is here to stay and will be in the next xpac as well. Currently 3 expansions and counting. It isn’t going back to the original concept. IF anything the only other option is removal of flying from all future expansions.

Meh… i did holidays (3 weeks). played barely last month and yesterday i had my pathfinder.
mechagon with rares and all the quests is quick. Just nazjatar is comethin boring.
I wanna see all the “grinder complainers” in classic. Head to Eastern plaguelands and quest for Tirion. THIS will be GRIND

I loved that chain in classic. was one of my favourites as well as the link quest.

mine too. But ppl complaining about grind for rep i think not…

I couldn’t afford the epic ground mount till middle of AQ40 in vanilla. Now thats was a grind

1 Like

What, it took me maybe 13-14 days or so to get flying, Thats not alot of time…

and the hardest one was champs of azeroth… lol

I’m only ever really annoyed by the rep grinds of pathfinder I just want an alternative to world quests to earn Rep.
Cons :
WoD Pathfinder : Exalted reps but could just grind Saberon for a bit or whatever other mobs they had dropping 5/10 rep

Legion : Exalted Reps : needed to kill Xavius in Emerald Dream so was locked behind a raid non raider person so I quit 7.1 returned in 7.3.5 lfr’d xavius wing only then.

BFA : definitely the better than the previous 2 revered reputations
just mechagon rep was an issue not enough quests to earn rep on quickly where Nazjatar had bodyguard / war campaign and more world quests.

There is no way I probably could afford flying over 20k on each of my characters their average gold 12k
I have 50 characters about 10 are below 60 everyone else is 100+
resigned to the fact gold sink mounts will never appear for me in my mount tab.

so flying unlocking for them all is awesome its just mechagon needed another avenue of rep farming
the contracts help a bit but 15 rep a quest isn’t much
and I’m an advocate for rep tabards had to use them recently on my gnome and tauren race changes.

Just bring back rep tabards blizzard and the moaning will slowly disappear.

1 Like

That’s thousands of dollars wasted doing something you don’t like.
I don’t have a single flying since they timegated / rep/grind-gated them.

It is just a waste of time if you don’t enjoy it.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

If someone doesn’t like something it’s ok, you cant force someone to like something. But to say that you dont have time and still play wow … it is contradictory to everything . Especially now when Classic will get released. It is all about grinding, 80% ppl who claims that dont like grinding will play Classic.
So you dont have time to do few q daily in Bfa, where is everything on your hand. But you will have time to run 7489673948673946793 of one spot to other…no fly , low % rate of lv etc, no lfr… I m just waiting first topic how Classic is bad and want to sub cancelled :3

Legion eventually got lowered to revbered too and you didnt need xavius for flying :confused:

Pahtfinder is done once, its accoutn wide, so not sure why you mention alts. The onyl thing that would help is to make repuitation and currencies really account wide…

Good idea on one hand and not! When you unlock all on one char all resources from rep would be available on others and there is no point to do any q after.