Sub-race names & templates tied to the new customization options

The Green skin looks amazing! I’m still hopeful it will be added. It’s not the same fighting the Horde if they don’t have Forrest trolls. I want some Warcraft 2 vibes :heart_eyes:

All your ideas are fantastic!

6 Likes

I think the Ice Troll looks amazing too, I wanted to go make one :rofl:

5 Likes

I agree with both of you. Green skin for Forest Trolls would really give some “family reunion” vibes, uniting the tribes and strong WC2 nostalgia which I am all for.
I would also love having Ice Trolls too.

5 Likes

While I was at it, I thought I’d mention that some extra jewelry, even as simple as broad metal loops and a necklace matching the hairbands included by some of the current haircuts, would also allow roleplayers some better Highborne customization.

https://i.ibb.co/WpPHdn0/subrace-customization-mockup-highborne.jpg

Edit: Mind you, for the jewelry I am basically quoting everlastingblackjack’s Reddit post. Some credit is also due to Simaia as I have edited the haircut putting two different styles together as I have seen her do in her 3D art.

5 Likes

And here you go again. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes, I know that Allied Races are not supposed to get customizations at this stage.
(Although, Void/High Elves…)

Yes, I know that we repaired the Arcan’dor as a cure for the Nightfallen.

But they look cool, and I have read some posts where people asked for them:

https://i.ibb.co/ZY4qcYQ/subrace-customization-mockup-nightfallen.jpg

4 Likes

An interesting option Moira :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I guess you could call it a gesture of goodwill, since some Horde players expressed annoyance at my Night Elf Highborne mockup saying they were tired of the Alliance asking/getting stuff and that they would rather want to see something new for the Nightborne instead…

(And I know this is just my personal opinion but seen how ugly the Nightborne based on Night Elves turned out to be, the model might actually work better for a Nightfallen subrace than it currently does for the Nightborne…)

3 Likes

So first of all, thanks to Moira for sending me her Photoshop template to play with. :yellow_heart:

Then off I go: this is how the racials selection could look if allied races were merged into the same screen as the base race.

• Pro: we’d get the option to choose our favorite racials for a toon depending on our gameplay.
  • Con: whether they are 4 or 5 option, it would wtill leave less room for all the pretty templates…

7 Likes

I like these ideas, but i think ultimatly when someone does the actuall art for these kinda things blizz cant really use them since then they will have to pay the artist for the ideas.

I seriously love it! (Despite of less space for the templates)

Maybe worth making its own thread?

I would not be so sure. After all, the Forums are explicitly listed as the right place to post suggestions in the Legal info at the bottom of the pages:

Blizzard Entertainment® has adopted the unalterable policy of refusing to accept or look at any unsolicited submissions or ideas. You can post your suggestions under the appropriate category in the most relevant game forum: Legacy, StarCraft II, World of Warcraft, Diablo III, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

I believe it is safe to state that when we accepted the terms of use of the Forum we have acknowledged that we are handing over to Blizzard the ownership of the ideas we post there, just the same way we are granting them ownership of every idea posted in-game through the suggestions box in the help page.

Besides, to me it seems pretty clear that it is us making use of Blizzard’s assets, rather than the other way around. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Well damn, you did your homework 0.0

well done though, like i said the ideas are really good though :3

2 Likes

Well, I would not bother to post on these pages if I thought I was actually DAMAGING my chances of obtaining the things I am suggesting.

I mean sure, the social threads are fun, but that’s not what I am here for. :wink:

Thanks!

4 Likes

Done that:

Sadly none of the people who bothered replying seem to like the idea. :wink:

2 Likes

A push to this glorious thread, might your suggestions reach the devs.

5 Likes

I’m thinking easiest way is basically when you select a class, it will hide certain options.

So if you select Paladin, the Dark ranger preset - which should really be called Dark Fallen, would actaully not appear, nor will Illidari. On the Paladin screen you will have

1. Thalassian
  2. Sunsworn
  3. Quel’dorei

To customise. Illidari and Dark Fallen (i.e. dark ranger) don’t show up.

Currently in beta you have to select class before you go to customisation. And while all the sub-race options and templates could be on display in the class selection screen, and you can even click on them, you have to make a class selection before you click customise.

So lets say you clicked Dark fallen then selected paladin, as soon as you click customise, the screen will remove Dark ragner and illidari from the options, and you’d be free to select one of the 3 remaining to help you customisation, or just fiddle around with the options till you get your desired look.

I think the minimum they could do without adding quests, starting area or anything like that is do an opening Narration for each group. Theyd on’t even need to change the video of the starting scene, just the audio file that explains the situation of each group you clicked. If you didn’t click any, it would give the default audio file.

This way everyone can learn who and what your group is.

Racials can actually be assigned on su-race temple selection: For example Quel’dorei on blood elves would just have a light version and effect of the same void elf ones.
Quel’dorei on the blood elves would just rename in appropriate sracials

1 Like

Thanks. It’s very nice to see that people care. :slight_smile:

Clearly we won’t be seeing anything like this in game anytime soon… but one can always hope for the next expansion, or maybe (although less likely, sure) even a major content patch in between?

Although I won’t hold my breath, I shall still keep my fingers crossed. :wink:

3 Likes

We are still lacking green skin for trolls and this would be an awesome way to implement it.

4 Likes

Forrest Trolls (Revantusk) would be a great addition to the Horde.

The females have the same model as the Darkspear. It’s only the males that are a bit bulkier. So would be nice if that option gets added to the Darkspear along with Green skin :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.