Suggestion: WotLK+

Well, maybe we aren’t getting Classic+ (yet), but what after patch 3.1?

We all know that 3.2 is where the downfall of WoW started. So, here is my suggestion:

After patch 3.1, start making new, custom patches. First, add 3.2 and 3.3 WotLK content without ruining the Classicity of it (Removal of class quests, Dungeon Finder, emblem system changes, Wintergrasp changes).

Then, continue on with adding brand-new content, specifically the content that was planned but never released in WotLK.

That is: Karazhan crypt, the green non-nightmare-infested Emerald Dream, Old Outland maybe as a Caverns of Time zone, Hyjal, Grim Batol, Ginleas, Uldum, War of the Ancients CoT raid, and such.

Maybe make a brand-new TBC-styled expansion increasing level cap to 90, and make Emerald Dream, Hyjal, and Old Outland levelling zones.

5 Likes

That private fun-server mentality doesn’t belong here.

2 Likes

Wotlk was a bad game. I won’t play it ever again, i’ll roll on fresh classic with no world buffs though

It died for me when cata went live.

4 Likes

Not sure where I’ll go when cata hits but it sure won’t be cata… maybe they can skip that and go on to WOD I hear that was a pretty good expansion too.

I think a better idea would be changes to wotlk and cata to make them like classic and tbc. Don’t add Lfd, lfr, store mounts, heirlooms, transmog etc…

1 Like

stop it 3.3.5 best pvp patch ever if u want progressiv wow g o retail and what do u mean downfall of wow?

tbc,wotlk is for me the best expansion? and some people like cata and mop too? specially pvp players

whats the matter ? since when is lfr a problem? i never did lfr not even on twinks lmao its so worthless

LFR isn’t in 3.3.5

i didnt comment that part on u tho.

my point is if u don’t see the problem with lfr then why do u want classic to stop at 3.3.5? LFR is one the many things why people don’t like cata. It’s all part of the modern vision of the game

idk why u care so much about lfr even on retail lfr is w/e i care about good endgames i dont mind some filler contend or catchup contend for twinks or people with no time? like my main would never go inside there

I doubt that they release each expansion and player hated WOD !

But MOP was great, even if I don’t like panda and was the last good expansion

I dunno if Cata changed something about it, but I don’t think Heirlooms in WotLK were (or would be today) a negative part of the game. Nowadays, a lot of players wanting to level up their alts simply resort to character boosting (via a friendly mage/paladin selling/offering the service). If heirlooms actually encourage players to level up the normal way instead, I fail to see how that’s a bad thing.

Why? T11 was great tier. They only messed up later with dragonsoul and LFR.

1 Like

but they didn’t because they’re just a flat XP bonus all around. Blizzard could motivate players to level normally just by nerfing dungeon XP and making it so that you don’t get xp when doing a dungeon with a super high level player.

1 Like

I dunno about you, but for me the main allure of heirlooms was not the XP bonus (which was a relatively low +20%, +25 if you included the ring but that was a pain to get). Rather, it was the fact that it allowed you to keep a level of power comparable to a player in full blues at all levels, removing the need of buying 30-40 BoE blue/epic items to have a smooth leveling experience for your alts.

Meh, maybe. They made the old world levelling easier in wotlk anyway and classes more powerful / smoother to level with. Also, I think heirlooms for the average player make levelling more boring because you don’t get any upgrades, it basically takes gear out of the equation.

I would understand the complaint if they allowed mains to use heirlooms, but if I’m using heirlooms it’s because I already leveled at least once in the “normal” way, and I don’t feel the need to do so over and over again.

I feel like they cheapen the game experience and completely destroy immersion which would be my main contention. Maybe if it had been just an xp potion or something I’d be ok with it.