Suggestion: WotLK+

The problem with this line of thinking is that it’s not up to you to decide what “tryharding” should imply. I like the idea of being in a top guild, clearing all content etc. But I don’t like it when that entails such “mental” stuff as it currently does in Classic (and still would in your proposed idea of Classic+). Reducing the number of raids that drop relevant gear (by making previous raids obsolete) helps keeping the weekly schedule reasonable for all - including the tryhards. I shouldn’t have to give up my real life just so I can excel at this game. Or any game, really.

We’ll see how big “your” community is, once TBC comes out and people have the choice of staying in Classic or move to TBC.

That’s the very point of my last statement, you definitely are not made for Classic+, any sensible gamedesigner who would build ClassicPlus must ignore what you ask as a player.
You belong to WoW Expansions instead. This is not to blame, you’re perfectly fine.

Oh the horror. Truly gamebreaking…

I thought you said there’s no point preferring the game at that stage?

*to prefer WotLKPlus

The classic dev team has no game designers on it. For anything more than ‘some changes’ that team has get bigger and start soon.

So what? You said I’m not made for Classic+, and yet according to you there’d be no point for me to wish for a TBC+ or WotLK+ instead? You’re not making any sense…

EDIT: Just for the sake of clarity, I’m not asking for either, but I just find your stance puzzling, to say the least

Sorry to say, but why talk about wotlk + when we aint even done with classic vanilla:( makes me sad.

Many people are done with Classic already - having killed KT and/or got the stuff they wanted to get from Classic (both in terms of experience and assets). If that’s too much for you to bear, why are you even checking threads like these?

Personally I’ve been done with Classic for at least a few weeks by now - prepatch can’t come soon enough

You know classic is done when guilds start to sell splinters…

Tbc comes before wotlk. Thats what I ment.

IF any significant changes would be made to WotLK+ development would have to start soon I suppose

You admit you aren’t interested in LK+ too, then my statement is again proven true somehow.
Don’t you see how? Because the kind of players who enjoy LK and expacs more than Classic mindset, they already have their future content, and it is called Cataclysm (and I’m so sorry it is Cataclysm). That is the natural evolution.
Now few people may say “what if?” Or “but Cata made it wrong” like, “they should have kept the old zones” and putting back ammo and weapon training, but that is not enough of features to justify LK+ in my opinion.
(Other common mistake is Cata removing the talent trees yet it is MoP. Should people ask for Cata+ then ? Yet MoP was interesting gameplay wise on its own way.)
My point is BC and LK are already into the Retail mindset, like Cata. You can’t defend vertical progression, raiding like how you have explained, and expect something truly different from Cataclysm.

That’s all your stance that is purely theoretical and “puzzling” in the end.

that’s why I posted about WotLK already

They WILL want to make money of Legion Classic.
So either WoD happens on its own, or it will be introduced alongside Legion as a couple of servers. Not having it at all will be kinda strange.
Oh, and there will be no WotlK+ or vanilla+ or anything like that. This exists to make money with zero to minimum investment.

I’ve never said I’d not be interested in a WotlK+, I just said I’m not begging for it or w/e because TBC and WotLK are already fine games as they are and I could play and replay them for years before actually getting bored. If Blizzard actually made a TBC+ or WotLK+, I’d prolly give them a chance and check them out since the base games are already pretty good. A Classic+, on the other hand, would make me wary since Vanilla is so screwed up that they’d need to change a LOT before I’d even consider playing it.

And that’s a stupid point. Retail as it is now in BFA is not defined “just” by vertical progression, nor it is the natural development of TBC or WotLK. There are many reasons why I dislike Retail, such as the borrowed power systems, the completely flavorless and unintuitive class mechanics, the botched itemization, the level scaling etc. but none of these can be found in either TBC or WotLK.

You’re just another of those delusional Vanilla fanboys who think that everything not Vanilla is Retail and that if you like TBC/WotLK you might as well be playing Shadowlands. Just go back to your Classic turf and dwell there for the rest of your days.

Kinda pointless. If you want WOTLK+ just play retail. WOTLK wont be popular. It was expansion what made players want to play classic again in first place. LFG? Welfare gear? Difficulty levels? Yes it all started with WOTLK.

1 Like

I tried to play retail, but it really has nothing to do with WotLK as far as I’m concerned. I played on WotLK for years, even on pservers, but I couldn’t even bring myself to lvl past 82 on BFA due to how dull the leveling experience and the overall gameplay were.

As for the popularity of WotLK, we’ll see in 2023 how right (or wrong) you are. Personally, I prefer TBC to WotLK, but both are miles ahead of Vanilla

1 Like

Well let’s agree that we totally disagree.

That’s fine, different people like different things. But that’s why you shouldn’t say stuff such as “WotLK+ would be pointless”. Just because you don’t like it, or wouldn’t play it, doesn’t mean it wouldn’t appeal to a lot other players.

Once WotLK Classic is out I guess Blizzard will have a better idea of which of the three versions of the original trilogy is most popular. I doubt it’ll be Vanilla Classic but we’ll see