Sulfuras vs Nightfall Debuff

Let’s assume the boss has 15+1 debuffs. 15 high-priority debuffs + 1 Nightfall debuff.

If someone now hits the boss with Sulfuras, and the weapon now proccs it’s effect, will Sulfuras replace nightfall debuff? (since it has the same priority)
Or will it not even be places on the boss, since nightfall has a higher priority than a damage-over-time effect?

This isn’t the informed part of the internet, this is the argumentative part:p

3 Likes

The real question is why bring an enhanc to the raid

7 Likes

The real answer is “you don’t need to post if you don’t have an answer to the OP”

To the OP: right now, the info to answer your question isn’t conclusive. Pservers’ accuracy in regards to debuff priority wasn’t great, so it’s impossible to give you a solid answer until Nightfall can actually be tested next month.

4 Likes

an easy fix would be to make the hand of rag debuff low priority so that its easily overwritten by more important debuffs, and won’t overwrite said more important debuffs when it proccs. thankfully most raid mobs/bosses are immune to fire so the debuff won’t even be applied as they resist the fireball in the first place. however it could become a problem in later raids, so i understand the concern.

Hand of rag is a very bad weapon. Idk why people want it so much.

1 Like

I know you meant “not as good as people think”, but when you say its “very bad” you just lose credibility.

slightly better than arcanite reaper

Uhhhhh, no. And arcanite reaper isnt bad either.

It’s not like enhas have a better choice for a weapon at this point.

1 Like

Ragnaros is more dps bedt wep in the game

1 Like

the best thing an enha can do with hand of rag is vendor it for respec gold

2 Likes

The best thing you could do is stop trolling posts you don’t like. And maybe reach level 21 someday.

2 Likes

If nightfall has the lowest priority it should fall off. However doesn’t sulfuras have the same priority level as mage fireball effect?

i’m lvl 28 thank you very much

Debuffs are always placed, unless resisted ofcourse, and unlike vanilla, in Classic a priority system is in place and it will knock of a low priority debuff, like Deep Wounds.

Nightfall is a stacked debuff like Shadoweaving and I believe those always have higher priority than DoTs even. So you could be ticking off a Corruption or SWP, no big deal.

If you are in a casual raidgroup like me, people just spam what they got and people even are allowed to spec for deep wounds, then you adding the fireball debuff has a very low impact. It resides for a while in the very low priority debuff register and gets replaced after a couple of seconds by deep wounds, moonfire, rend, rake, you name it.

1 Like

They’re both rank 3 debuffs, same as wepon procs, rogue poisons. Talents like fire ball dot damage, bleed from wars etc. No they won’t overwrite wach other. But any rank 2 debuff - near enough every castable skill in the game, will knock them off. With nightfall/sulf you’d have to make sure 15 debuffs max are on the target, it’s hard work, and without mega coordination both won’t ever be on a boss.

They have a much better choice. Take aurastone hammer and respec to resto.

Aurastone is not an enha weapon, smartboy. And the thread is not about “should I respec resto or not”. I don’t even know why you guys feel satisfied trolling like this. Is it a way to fill the emptiness of your lives?

2 Likes

WoW forums always have been like that, my friend. Mando is a good example.

1 Like