Sylvanas but chose Saurfang..... By accident!

Not at all. In fact, the generic good guy scene is on the decline and the emo brooding type on the rise.

1 Like

Reply, like, share!

5 Likes

Had the same exact issue, and I’m pretty mad about it. There’s lots of people saying the same thing.

If Blizzard is going to start making quests “have choices with major impacts down the road” and so on, they need to make the decision either clearer at the time (I had NO idea where the “choice” part lay and accidentally passed it, like many players) or, make it re-settable somehow. Maybe a simple reset by way of “watch what happened again” a la bronze dragonflight sort of thing.

At the moment, they want to make your choice have impact, and count, and therefore it can’t be reverted. Which is remarkably stupid when you didn’t deliberately make your choice to begin with, but got screwed over by bad quest design. The fact that the warning comes -later- is just baffling to me. By then, it’s too late!

One of the GM responses had the gall to basically say to a player, “well you can change your choice on other characters.” Like ahh yeah guess I’ll go level another guy to 120 solely to make the other decision. ???

Please, Blizzard, listen to the players on this one. You want choices to matter, but a lot of people are upset at being accidentally shoved one way or the other on chars they’ve invested loads of time and effort into purely through an unclear game mechanic.

2 Likes

I’m hoping next time the quests will be given equal standing.

4 Likes

Throughout game’s life time, they have never guided player’s to pay attention what NPCs say to the point where it may cause a permanent effect on your experience. I was planning to side with Sylvanas but now I am forced to side with Varok.

I am not sure what happened to Blizzard, failing to produce a proper xpack is one thing, but a decision this dumb is something entirely else. They may need to force and IQ test before hiring people.

1 Like

I didn’t test it on the PTR but someone said they were given equal ! type standing there. It’s a bit sad if they changed it to make Saurfang the more obvious choice. There is also no pop up warning when you choose Saurfang. There is a box pop up saying if you go this route you wont be getting the toy like you do if you go the Saurfang route.

2 Likes

Exactly This!

1 Like

The Sylvanas option was added at the last minute without much thought put behind it with regards to how noticeable it is.

I’d imagine you’re not the only one who accidentally missed it.

1 Like

So we have the following threads with the following statics

76 replies
157 likes
57 users

57 replies
409 likes
37 users

30 replies
102 likes
20 users

109 replies
209 likes
43 users

10 replies
11 likes
7 users

So let’s add the numbers and see what we have totally!
282 replies
888 likes
164 users

Also, The last 2 thread is closed for no reason.

So basically, One topic gets HOT in last 2 month in the forum and Game-Masters just refuse to do any action and tell us to come to the forum and make our voice heard and once we do it, We get completely ignored by Developers and they refuse to come and take responsibility for their mistakes?

As customers, We demand the response and As a long-time fans, We seek supports but it seems no one in Blizzard team give a **** about us. So there is only one more question left to ask.
Does Blizzard no longer care about customers and the fans? If its the case, I rather leaving than be treated like this.

3 Likes

Easy solution to those kinda stuff:

The end of Panda starter zone (pick whatever side you want to be on).

Atleast ppl can then clearly see see there are 2 options.

All they needed to do was give the two options equal standing. It was more clear on the PTR according to some. I didn’t test it myself so do not know.

1 Like

Exactly!

By the way, Does anyone have a problem with “Righting Wrongs” quest?

I did my research this time before getting tricked by developers again and I found this.

After getting “Righting Wrongs”, I must report to Nathanos at the Banshee’s Wail before heading to Tiragarde. And I must be able to see the following dialogs.

Do you have something to report?
Baine Bloodhoof has requested that I help him with a secret task.
Nevermind. Don’t report Baine’s request.

But all I see is the following.

Stay awhile and listen.
Where is Derek Proudmoore being held?

So what’s wrong? Why I can’t see the dialogs?

So new the loyalty quest line comes with a big headline of the new patch and the funny thing is, We can’t remain loyal to Sylvanas.

It seems we are not able to side with Sylvanas vs Baine because we sided with Suarfang before.

@DEVELOPERS
You guys tricked us to go to the wrong path and ignored us completely in the forum and even in the new quest line, You won’t let us to side with Sylvanas!
Why you don’t give an option to people who didn’t do “Warriors Death” to remain loyal to Sylvanas and enjoy the game?
It’s funny that you guys have time to read comments in change list and make a reply but don’t have time/courage to reply in a hot thread like this.

Community demand respond!

2 Likes

It’s funny that you make so much effort to write your comment but can’t read the whole quest.

1 Like

I carelessly clicked on the troll with my alt. No warning at all other than some dialogue you would skip second time around? This is frustrating as I will have to take yet another character through the quests again without the ability to change my alt. It should have been much clearer you were making the choice at that point in the story.

1 Like

Peoplen picking Saurfang did the right choice. Saurfang didn’t let you die in borean tundra so you repaid the favor.

Hadn’t it be thanks to Saurfang both you and undead sidekick would die on mad suicidal mission that Garrosh gave you.

And so player joins Saurfang against the odds to show him that he is not alone too.

Throwing this for a reminder:
https://i.imgur.com/njhMpBg.png

1 Like

They should have been given equal standing. Text bubbles are usually of no consequence and many missed them.

1 Like

These retard quests scare me now!!!

Like when i did the last quests when there was an undead boat and blightcaller said: report to me!
So when i was going to attack the first undead i took the HS back and checked for dialogue, but noo.
Abandomed the quest and noo…
Then few days later went back, did a step or 2 on the quest and tried to abandom again still nothing.

1 Like

A friend didn’t get to talk to Nathanos either before doing the quest, he supports Saurfang/Baine so he’s not too upset. It is odd that they don’t just make these things clear.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.