Sylvanas but chose Saurfang..... By accident!

Okay, so I would like to clearly say, in case anyone needs to tell me xD It was entirely my fault that I didn’t read the full quest, and entirely missed the speech bubble with “I will not betray my queen” thus sending me back to Sylvanas and that would have been that.

Instead, I clicked on whatever that troll dude said, and bobs your uncle I’m going to defend Saurfang, but I’m not; as I fully intend to never finish this quest now on my main…

But the thing confusing me is, on my main when I clicked whatever troll dude said no warning box came up for me, the usual (if you click this you can’t go back on your decision) if it did - and I can’t remember in all honesty, surely I would have been able to choose the actual course I wanted to take, BUT when I did the quest on an alt and chose Sylvanas I got a huge black warning box telling me BE CAREFUL YOU CANT UNDO THIS…

I have messaged support and got the answer put your frustrations on the forums and twitter because they can’t undo one quest for me.

I’m sorry if this is in the wrong category, I have no clue what they think the forums are going to achieve for me that they couldn’t xD

Anyway thanks for anyone that reads and happy holidays!

Kate xx

22 Likes

Today I learnt there are people who actually like Sylvanas. :sweat_smile:

Can’t wait until she and Nathanos die off, the horde story is going to pot because of them :expressionless:

26 Likes

Therapy…

Like hitting your fist in a pillow to get your frustrations out - the forum is the pillow, now go nuts :yum:

And I feel your pain, it’s not fun to go with the nerd in the school yard when you want to be with the cool kid :nerd_face:

4 Likes

its fine young one, destiny helped you make a choice

i can’t wait for the full Cinamatic where sylvanas chops saurfang’s head off in a “honorable duel” and it gets put on a pike in front of org and when you click on it you get the achi “Mop Denied”

8 Likes

The sooner Sylvanas, Jaina and Anduin are out of the story, the better. They are the plague that keeps on plaguing and no good story is actually happening.

Seriously, get some real characters with real interesting story arcs and not those who are just fodder for the faction war, like the above 3.

7 Likes

The traitor has to resort to underhand baiting tactics to rally some troops. Poor Saurfang… such disgrace

6 Likes

It’s ok you accidental traitor. We’ll hang you with a silk rope as opposed to a coarse one like the others.

10 Likes

Should have read through the quest properly…

Wasn’t exactly a secret that the Horde would get some defining choice in this part of the War Campaign.

Where do you even get that quest chain? I can’t find it anywhere (horde)

I’m a firm believer that the game should be both enjoyable and understandable without having to read mmo-champ or wowhead. So in that regard I do believe it, the quest, should’ve highlighted the importance of the decision via one or two confirmation dialogues.

Still, we’re going to need a lot of rope for them traitor’s.

3 Likes

I didn’t read wowhead or mmo-champ and I knew it, because people had been talking about it, later I saw it again in a Taliesin&Evitel video.

I agree that it should be obvious in-game, but it is obvious in-game, because it’s right there. In the quest text.
Blizz can’t help it if people just blast through quest texts without reading it.

The only other option would have to be a “Are you sure?” prompt, followed by a “Are you sure you’re sure?” prompt.

What I don’t understand is why people care if they just skip all the reading anyway…

5 Likes

While that’s one thing, the part where you pick a side is just a disastrous design. Normally, players would expect all options to be on the same window. That’s how it goes in all RPGs after all. But they’ve just put one option to the window where the quest text and dialogue options normally appear, while the other option appeared in another window that only appears for group content (like ready check window for raids and dungeons etc.), one that’s barely used in questing.

Both options should’ve been on the same window to avoid confusion, because as it is now, I see that many people can easily make the mistake of thinking there is only one option for that quest (like every other quest in WoW so far) and go with that.

On a side note, I’ve been wondering why did they remove the third option to stay neutral and go to Feralas, but I guess they ran out of windows for the third option.

1 Like

Dude, come on! Millions of players suffer from dungeon deserter debuff every day, because others press yes by default.

7 Likes

we don’t know where the story goes in the future. maybe this accident saved your life :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I hear ya, me and the mrs did the exact same thing. Gutted.

1 Like

For Horde it’s on the boat, dark ranger Alina.
Got it on my alt as soon as I dinged 120.

I think next part of the chain will begin with 2 quests one from Sylvanus and one from Saurfang …

I doubt they would cut people off this hard, so there is no need to worry what you chose … many went for the toy anyway …

I too suffered from this.

Is it possible to implement a ”deja vu” quest? Something alone the line of ”i dreamt i was doing something stupid and I’m not gonna make that mistake again”.

And upon completion of the quest you reset the quest chain and you can do it again and dont make the same mistake.

4 Likes

It was probably just used for statistics to see who horde players support. Whether it has any real impact or not within the lore design team, we don’t know. But what we can guess is that the statistic is increased by one the moment you click one of the options. So you could just finish it on the character (main for you) as the purpose was already fulfilled.