TBC - faction change

So considering TBC might be a thing in a year or so
Id like to see Faction Change introduced with it. Yes it came with Wotlk/late Wotlk, but does it really matter? In classic its a no, cus 2 classes are excluded, in TBC we all know horde gets paladins and alliance gets shamans.

So what would stop blizz from implementing faction change? Just more money their way, so its not unreasonable

3 Likes

Yes, it matters a lot.

11 Likes

Nice details you went into there.
Oh wait.

You didn’t go into any details either.

What you are asking for is for people to be able to change name, race and faction. Yes, that matters a lot.

9 Likes

Oh jeez.
So changing name is a big thing (kekw) race and faction? Why does it matter?
Sorry but you honestly sound like a vanilla purist, please dont come back to this thread.

I’m back. Your idea is bad and I don’t like it.

8 Likes

Nobody asked what you liked. Begone boomer

You posted an open question to a public forum… Did you expect everyone to agree with you?

Call me crazy, but I think it’s important that the choices we make while creating our character have actual value and can’t be changed.

6 Likes

Look, you can go into detail on “WhY iTs BaD” instead of just complaining that it is, because I disagree with you.
Yes you are crazy, sorry to say it.

I just did go into detail…

I can write it again:

I think it’s important that the choices we make while creating our character have actual value and can’t be changed.

What more details do you want?

Hmmm, it adds value in the form of accountability and a sense of meaning. Your name and character is your name and character. Your character is an actual thing that has some sort of meaning.

You want to take that way from me.

I don’t like that.

6 Likes

Yawn. Then dont use faction change if its a PAID OPTION
I think you need to take some time off from the forums, seems like its been devouring you.

It devalues every character in game if the option is available. Your custom changes would make the game less fun for me. So I am against it.

Why can’t YOU instead roll a new character if YOU want to play the other faction?

Lazy

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that I’d be the only Alliance player left in Europe if faction change became a thing. Dunno why all the sweaty neckbeards want to play blood elves. It’s not like their obese selves could possibly identify with being a graceful elf, surely.

8 Likes

Faction change is a WOTLK feature, not a TBC feature.

I doubt they’ll implement it.

And if they implement faction change, I think the balance between Horde and Alliance will be worse overall. Alliance plebe will instantly migrate to Horde because they “suffered” in Classic (even if they are the best PvE faction and best faction for group PvP …).

That will result in more unbalance and make queue time unbearable for BG.

I would like to play Alliance side in TBC because of optimization for arena (Human Rogue + Dwarf Priest are insane) and for instant bg queue so I don’t have to wait lot of times to farm PvP gear, the 1% hit for raids from Dranei is really nice, and Night Elf can drink in stealth in arena, but faction change is a no go. If you really want to play something, just reroll. Alliance will be the biggest dominant faction in WOTLK because we all know everyone will reroll Human since it’s the most broken racial that was ever made in 15 years of WoW ^^.

Tbh, lot of Horde racial are nerfed in TBC. They are not good like they are atm. Undead are less usefull because of Resilience you can’t cheese with Undead Racial and kill a Warlock easy, Orc has less stun resist, and Blood Elf racial are nice in paper but in reality you have to charge the spell it’s weird. Advantage of Horde in TBC will be easier leveling experience in the open world due to more people play Horde, but since lot of people will go into dungeons to get level 70 or play in groups when TBC is released, I don’t think it’s a big deal. It’s 10 level, not 60.

Oh and the Sceal Of Blood for Retribution Paladin, but who care about Ret ?

1 Like

Hur hur my classic spirit hurted, gameplay ruined, unsubbed cos xyz changed faction zug zug.

1 Like

To fotm faction no

The other way around yes

Are we all aware blizzard will implement it as long as it makes them money? Yes/no?

Good morning!

changing name is huge due to people that ninjas/scam get an get out of jail freecard, or am i wrong?
only way atm as far as i know is to change server which costs more and is more of a hassle since you most likely has alot of alts.

why are you so offended by his opinion?
you are super defensive, relax and let the guy disagree with your opinion.

That’s important for me.